Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy (54650 Views)

Christ Embassy Pastor Oyakhilome Suspends Nephew Pastor Daysman Oyakhilome / Loveworld AffirmationTrain / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Faithful4real(m): 4:48pm On May 18, 2020
Loveworld is the third broadcaster in the UK to be sanctioned for airing potentially harmful claims on coronavirus.

Ofcom, a regulatory authority for broadcasting in the United Kingdom, has imposed a sanction on Loveworld Limited for airing potentially harmful claims about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Loveworld is a religious television channel owned by Nigerian pastor, Chris Oyakhilome , who has himself championed outrageous claims about the coronavirus outbreak.

Ofcom announced in a statement on Monday, May 18, 2020, that a news programme and a live sermon on the channel aired unsubstantiated claims that 5G technology was the cause of the pandemic, and that the outbreak was the subject of a global cover-up.

The agency said the report on 5G was particularly sensitive because in the preceding days a number of attacks had been committed on mobile phone masts in the UK as a result of claims that 5G technology had caused, or was in some way linked to, the coronavirus.

"There is no reputable scientific evidence to corroborate the claim that there is a link between 5G technology and the Coronavirus, which runs contrary to both the international and UK official position," Ofcom said.

The media watchdog also noted that it found fault with a sermon broadcast on the channel that cast serious doubt on the necessity for lockdown measures, and the motives behind official health advice on COVID-19, including in relation to vaccination.

Since it was first detected in China in December 2019, the coronavirus disease has infected nearly 5 million people globally, killing over 315,000.

However, Pastor Oyakhilome in a series of broadcasts in April said the outbreak of the disease was a sinister plot by shadowy figures to install 5G technology, which he said was the real cause of infection, around the world.

The 56-year-old also insinuated that the goal of spreading panic about the coronavirus across the world was to implement an evil scheme to vaccinate everyone against their wishes.

Loveworld was also cited for suggesting that hydroxychloroquine was a cure for the coronavirus disease without acknowledging that its effectiveness and safety as a treatment was clinically unproven, or making clear that it has potentially serious side effects.

"There is no ban on broadcasting controversial views which are different from, or which challenge, official authorities on public health information.

"However, given the unsubstantiated claims in both these programmes were not sufficiently put into context, they risked undermining viewers' trust in official health advice, with potentially serious consequences for public health,"
Ofcom said.

Ofcom said Loveworld did not adequately protect its viewers from the potentially harmful content in the news programme and the sermon, and the news reports were not duly accurate.
The agency directed the channel to broadcast its findings while it considers whether to impose any further sanctions.

Ofcom said Loveworld has expressed a readiness to broadcast a summary of its decisions, but that the channel has also pleaded against additional sanctions, noting that it would be unnecessary.

"The Ofcom Sanctions Panel will consider the matter further, following due process which provides for the Licensee to make written and oral representations to the Panel before reaching its decision," Ofcom said in its bulletin.

Loveworld is the third broadcaster in the UK to be sanctioned by Ofcom for broadcasting potentially harmful claims on coronavirus, after London Live, and Uckfield FM were both sanctioned last month.

Source : https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/oyakhilome-ofcom-sanctions-loveworld-over-coronavirus-5g-claims/gp2z9sl?Echobox=1589805194

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 18, 2020
I am a Christian and I respect pastors as one ought to, but a lot of pastors are spreading the disbelief in coronavirus and they have put so much lives at risk... As a matter of fact, they've helped shift the attention away from China where the disease originated and have started spreading falsehood and conspiracies...

What people must understand about our pastors is that they're human being and often times, they say and preach things that God didn't send them, out of their own will...

340 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Adeoludt(m): 4:51pm On May 18, 2020
Hh

28 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Faithful4real(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2020
Iamundisputed:
Serves them right.

I am a Christian and I respect pastors as one ought to, but a lot of pastors are spreading the disbelief in coronavirus and they have put so much lives at risk... As a matter of fact, they've helped shift the attention away from China where the disease originated and have started spreading falsehood and conspiracies...

What people must understand about our pastors is that they're human being and often times, they say and preach things that God didn't send them, out of their own will...

Is your opinion even when they are wrong i prefer to keep quiet. Please don't say things because of like and share on nairaland.

I know those things release dopamine in the body.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 18, 2020
Faithful4real:

Is your opinion even when they are wrong i prefer to keep quiet. Please don't say things because of like and share on nairaland.

I know those things release dopamine in the body.

That's how you chose to live your life, keep keeping shut, it's none of my business, but don't stop me from airing my own opinion too...

Pastors can keep misleading people in a period of pandemic, but nobody is to say anything right? Telling me I'm making comments because of likes on Nairaland... Are you ok? Who likes help... undecided

549 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On May 18, 2020
Iamundisputed:
Serves them right.
I am a Christian and I respect pastors as one ought to,
This code you live by, who instituted it?

Please don't even try to say Jesus! grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Faithful4real(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2020
Iamundisputed:

That's how you chose to live your life, keep keeping shut, it's none of my business, but don't stop me from airing my own opinion too...

Pastors can keep misleading people in a period of pandemic, but nobody is to say anything right? Telling me I'm making comments because of likes on Nairaland... Are you sick? Who likes help...

You missed the point. I did not say you are making comments because of likes. Go back and read it again.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I don't know what you mean, but don't call that name you just called in vain. My focus was on some pastors' comments as it relates to coronavirus, nothing more.

38 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 18, 2020
Faithful4real:

You missed the pointed. I did not say you are making comments because of likes. Go back and read it again.

I missed the pointed? English na wa ooo.

Whether or not you said it expressly, you were implying that I was probably saying it because of likes on Nairaland, which makes no sense cos it doesn't put food on my table.

As a society, we should never respect human beings to the point where we cannot correct ourselves if we are wrong. Such a society is gradually heading towards destruction.

232 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Faithful4real(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2020
Iamundisputed:

I missed the pointed? English na wa ooo.

Whether or not you said it expressly, you were implying that I was probably saying it because of likes on Nairaland, which makes no sense cos it doesn't put food on my table.

As a society, we should never respect human beings to the point where we cannot correct ourselves if we are wrong. Such a society is gradually heading towards destruction.

I respect your opinion so do whatever you like.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On May 18, 2020
Iamundisputed:

I don't know what you mean, but don't call that name you just called in vain. My focus was on some pastors' comments as it relates to coronavirus, nothing more.
I see that one went right over your head there... wink

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by 1Sharon(f): 5:49pm On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

You're back?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Darato: 5:53pm On May 18, 2020
That’s very good
If you have not read the book Atonement you are missing.
Contact me for resume writing, cover letter, LinkedIn optimization, read my signature and call me NOW
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On May 18, 2020
1Sharon:

You're back?
Yep! grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by 1Sharon(f): 5:55pm On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Yep! grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Wowww..after how long? Reason?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On May 18, 2020
1Sharon:

Wowww..after how long? Reason?
I know it's been almost a decade. But you know, Lockdown .... we are all on lockdown waiting for things to reopen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by AgroTrade: 6:02pm On May 18, 2020
My people perish because of lack of knowledge.

Even the ones we consider wise may not be wise after all

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Aderewah: 6:02pm On May 18, 2020
Lol. Oyhakilome is as foolish as mumuric

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Enoch07: 6:02pm On May 18, 2020
good
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by iCauseTrouble: 6:02pm On May 18, 2020
cool
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by money121(m): 6:03pm On May 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by CanadaOrBust: 6:03pm On May 18, 2020
G
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 18, 2020
GOOD ONE.
Too many CONMEN in Nigeria
OYIBO no dey take shitttt.
After all na dem give you the RELIGION.

What our PASTORS couldn't HEAL, our POLITICIANS are handling yet they want to rush and open churches for their SELFISH GAINS.
Our Pastors want to disrupt the efforts of our Politicians.
NONSENSE

NO PASTOR has walked straight to the ISOLATION CENTRE to heal one.
They are waiting for Government to issue a go ahead other.
Is NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT barring you from visiting Isolation centres..?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Clothingonline9(m): 6:03pm On May 18, 2020
Christ Embassy lol

Men corporate wears payment on delivery nationwide price is half price what you get nearby Strictly Europe brands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by TheABOMINATION: 6:04pm On May 18, 2020
The powers behind the Covid19 pandemic are not happy with him and have started working against him. Their goal is to make sure the public does not hear truth about the Covid19 pandemic. But what else did pastor Chris expect, the future of this world belongs to the Antichrist.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by eedimo(m): 6:04pm On May 18, 2020
jeez
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by hoMegas(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2020
I've known Pastor Oyakhilome was a fake pastor since the time that he healed a person that was blind from birth and the person could distinguish between colours.

Who does that?

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by xdunamis(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2020
What a pity. I hope this Corona gets away asap. Pastors are humans too, they should also be free to express their opinions.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by temptnow: 6:06pm On May 18, 2020
Nice one from UK government. Where things work

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Loveworld Channel Sanctioned In UK Over COVID19, 5G Conspiracy by ChiefAfonja: 6:06pm On May 18, 2020
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua's Dream About 2019 General Elections / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken / Pastor Turns His Members Into Sheeps & Goats Inside Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.