Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction (1061 Views)

Mercy Wave NGO Prison Outreach: Miss Favour Emmanuel Finally Reunites With Famil / Fate Of 2 Winners Chapel Pastors Unknown- 5 Months After Abduction / Boy Found 2 Years After Abduction As Notorious Female Kidnapper Is Nabbed.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Shormiey(m): 6:11pm On May 19, 2020
A Chinese man kidnapped as a toddler 32 years ago has been reunited with his biological parents, after police used facial recognition technology to help track him down.

Mao Yin was just two when he was snatched outside a hotel in Xi’an in central Shaanxi province in 1988 and sold to a childless couple in neighbouring Sichuan province who raised him as their own son, Xi’an’s public security bureau said in a statement.

Police “aged” one of Mao’s childhood photos, according to state broadcaster CCTV, and used the model to scan the national database and find close matches.

They were acting on a tipoff that a person in a certain area of Sichuan had bought a child in the late ’80s.

On Monday, the now 34-year-old had a tearful reunion with his birth parents who had never given up the search for their missing boy.

Mao’s mother Li Jingzhi told CCTV that after he was taken, she quit her job and sent over 100,000 flyers to officials and appeared on several TV channels to appeal for his return.

Over the past three decades, Li had followed 300 false leads to see if they were her missing son.

But in late April, police in Xi’an were tipped off that a man in Sichuan province had bought a child from Shaanxi in the late 1980s, according to the statement from Xi’an officials.

Police tracked down Mao and later confirmed he was the abducted son of Li Jingzhi after a DNA test.

Mao’s adoptive parents had renamed him Gu Ningning, and he grew up without any knowledge of his birth parents or that he had been abducted.

At the reunion event, organised by Xi’an police, Mao emerged from a side door to a conference room and ran into his mother’s arms.

“I don’t want him to leave me anymore. I won’t let him leave me anymore,” Li said as she held onto her son’s hand.

Mao, who runs a home decoration business in Sichuan, told CCTV he would move to Xi’an to live with his birth parents.

There are no official statistics on the number of children who disappear every year in China, but a system was established in 2016 to send alerts about missing children through social media and mobile phone texts.

Police have helped more than 6,300 abducted children to reunite with their families over the past decade through the DNA matching system, official news agency Xinhua reported.

Kidnapping and child trafficking became widespread in China from the 1980s, when the draconian one-child rule was enforced, with a cultural obsession with sons also fuelling demand for kidnapped babies.

source: https://punchng.com/man-reunites-with-parents-32-years-after-abduction/

cc mynd44 lalasticlala

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by dukeprince50: 6:13pm On May 19, 2020
hmmm
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by chatinent: 6:14pm On May 19, 2020
It's golden, I mean happiness.
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Babyforever(f): 6:15pm On May 19, 2020
If his father was a Nigerian he would have ghost him for long bunch set of fools
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by IceLip: 6:16pm On May 19, 2020
1 latest good thing from China
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Shormiey(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2020
Babyforever:
If his father was a Nigerian he would have ghost him for long bunch set of fools

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Babyforever(f): 6:24pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=Shormiey post=89731626][/quote]You have something to say undecided
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Shormiey(m): 6:27pm On May 19, 2020
Babyforever:
You have something to say undecided
A sound like a man has messed up with you....an estranged lover?.....

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Babyforever(f): 6:29pm On May 19, 2020
Shormiey:

A sound like a man has been messed up with you....an estranged lover?.....
Now you listen well and listen carefully the next time you'll quote me saying rubbish i won't hesitate to deal with you......Don't do that again.
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Kennyceez: 6:35pm On May 19, 2020
This is the result of modern technology. Such would have helped alot of abducted children in this country if we were to be well equipped with this type of modern technology..
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Shormiey(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2020
Babyforever:
Now you listen well and listen carefully the next time you'll quote me saying rubbish i won't hesitate to deal with you......Don't do that again.
Lol

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Babyforever(f): 6:42pm On May 19, 2020
Shormiey:

Lol
Be warned
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Shormiey(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2020
Babyforever:
Be warned

You wan ban me ni?

Don't let us derail the topic.....it don do.....commander in chief of women forces grin

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Babyforever(f): 6:45pm On May 19, 2020
Shormiey:

You wan ban me ni?

Don't let us derail the topic.....it don do.....commander in chief of women forces grin
Shut up

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
Waoooh what a happy ending.
*wipes tears, I can imagine the joy in the woman's heart... I use Mao as a point of contact and pray that every missing persons be reconnected back to their family in Jesus name.

If you are in need of a social media manager for your brand (from as low as 25k) call the number on my signature.
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by betterman22(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2020
sad
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Shormiey(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2020
Babyforever:
Shut up
grin grin grin grin

I don't want to like.... don't make me like you undecided

Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 19, 2020
cry so touching.
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by Ulysses71: 8:10pm On May 19, 2020
This abduction thing aint funny. My maternal grandma still cries over one of my uncles who got lost some 30+ yrs ago. He may be dead for all we know but my grandma believes otherwise.
Re: Man Reunites With Parents 32 Years After Abduction by AudioNews(m): 10:47am On May 20, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala Nd Migration,
Na der handwork

(1) (Reply)

US Carries Out Its 1st Execution Of Female Inmate Since 1953 / Anambra Residents Flee As Police Release Criminal Suspects / Bandits To Kill Greenfield Students Tomorrow; Shehu Sani Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.