Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) (54910 Views)

601 New COVID-19 Cases, 882 Discharged And 1 Death On August 22 - (3946 Tested)) / 348 New Covid-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On June 3 - (1535 Tested) / 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 1240 Tested, 140 Discharged And 3 Deaths On May 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by marvin906(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2020
GreenKalada:

I told u it's malaria parasite that affected them all. Covid19 kills. Go to the USA and italy, they hardly recover

dude are you ok what do you mean they hardly recover..
US has more than 70 thousand recovered same with italy

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by FelcoCom: 8:13am On May 20, 2020
RapistOnBail:
grin

The list shows 35 states without Cross river and Kogi state. How many states are there in Nigeria?
Nigeria has 36 states plus FCT..
Cross rivers and kogi states excluded makes it 34 plus FCT then it's 35
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Nobody: 8:14am On May 20, 2020
I'm sure if this NCDC catches who I used to be few years back, I'll be quarantined for life. Catarrh and malaria visit me more often than sexual drive; sometimes my mucus turns red and my breathing mimics faulty bicycle pump.

I'm almost certain of positive result if I should go for testing today but I know my old self, the new name will not change anything. However, assumption can be dangerous, if you're feeling strange, don't hesitate to raise your hand.

Scam or no scam, prevention is better than cure.

Stay safe.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by BreconHills(m): 8:17am On May 20, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

Ur analysis does not follow
Lagos alone has 2k plus n mainly from a particular LGA eti Osa n mainland.

so are u saying dat nobody in those two LGA knows anybody?

Ebola was tamed while Lassa fever is not as contagious as covid 19.

d problem we have is any case of severe fever is now covid 19, videos from isolation centres shows people dancing n playing in their ward.

the north covid 19 patients are protesting now let me ask u, have u been down with catarrh or malaria before?

if u have been down with either of these two u know how an adult can turn a baby over nyt not to talk of protesting.

abba kyari has underlining health issue n dokpesi who u may want to quote came out to state how confused he is cos he was diagnosed with malaria

Bros Lagos has a population of 21m (2019) larger than the population of London or New York and you want to find 2500 plus people? As someone rightly said add stigmatisation and the picture becomes clearer.

In my own estate at Maryland one person has recovered from covid and also one personal friend as well. My elder bros recovered in the Uk.

Those who equate ( like Dokpesi) covid to malaria are those who did not pass into the diseases second and third stages.

Those who swear to a conspiracy theory are either religious ( I am a committed born again believer by the way) nuts, those who want to appear superior and those who are ignorant.

Covid is real. Protect yourself and stay safe.

1 Like

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by safarigirl(f): 8:37am On May 20, 2020
chillex8:

I personally know 3 people currently in isolation and one that was released last week.

It could still be a scam since no one gets a copy of his/her test result.

They call you to arrange your “pick-up” when you test positive. grin

Sydney talker got a copy of his test result when he tested negative, he even posted it on the internet.

The people you know did not ask for test result, they just told them they had it, then, they proably forgot to ask for result because they were overwhelmed.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Nobody: 8:41am On May 20, 2020
safarigirl:

Sydney talker got a copy of his test result when he tested negative, he even posted it on the internet.

The people you know did not ask for test result, they just told them they had it, then, they proably forgot to ask for result because they were overwhelmed.

Ignorance is worst than corona virus

1 Like

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by RapistOnBail: 8:42am On May 20, 2020
FelcoCom:

Nigeria has 36 states plus FCT..
Cross rivers and kogi states excluded makes it 34 plus FCT then it's 35
Ok thanks
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by murmee: 8:50am On May 20, 2020
anonymuz:
that was the first thing i noticed. Imagine.
That is NCDC for you!
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by safarigirl(f): 8:50am On May 20, 2020
Warlord2012:

Ignorance is worst than corona virus

I honestly don't understand how people who believe in God that they have not seen, are doubting the existence of Corona virus, because they have purportedly not seen someone who has it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by maasoap(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
New case's, yet no one knew someone how knew someone who has the sickness.... Scamed country

Una just like negative attention being directed at you! Is this the kind of educated folks we have in Nigeria? It's a shame sharing a country with some of you.
If at this stage where covid-19 has killed many prominent Nigerians, you're still looking for someone who knew someone who had covid-19, you deserve nothing but pity
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Nobody: 8:53am On May 20, 2020
safarigirl:

I honestly don't understand how people who believe in God that they have not seen, are doubting the existence of Corona virus, because they have purportedly not seen someone who has it.

Those same people are like the vectors of the virus, they are the ones spreading it around.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by olax02(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
update: 226 new cases of possible malaria disease confirmed,many discharged while some are dead.If I hear pim eh...
correct i dey feel u......God punish NCDC..tueh.

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Nobody: 9:04am On May 20, 2020
jagaban002:

Your creator

Mstchw
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by maasoap(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2020
Too much texts but full of ignorance.

IFNOTGOD:

Ur analysis does not follow
Lagos alone has 2k plus n mainly from a particular LGA eti Osa n mainland.

so are u saying dat nobody in those two LGA knows anybody?

Do you live in Eti Osa local government or you have someone living there and you have called that person if he knew any covid-19 patient from the area? As you can see, it is not about arguing alone but also asking oneself questions like: am I making sense to myself?

Ebola was tamed while Lassa fever is not as contagious as covid 19.

d problem we have is any case of severe fever is now covid 19,

And you confirmed that from the corner of your room for over 5,000 confirmed cases in Nigeria? You're a clown. And those nurses and doctors, ambulances drivers and other health workers who have contracted the virus from treating the patients probably contracted "severe fever" from their patients too? See how you're disgracing yourself.
Let me ask you a question: are you implying that Nigerians are immuned to covid-19 or what exactly is your point?

videos from isolation centres shows people dancing n playing in their ward.

Probably, you're one of those few educated illiterates who believe that covid-19 has to be a death sentence. That once you're tested positive to covid-19, you have to be on a life support machine?
80% of covid-19 victims do not show symptoms.
Only 3% needs intensive care.
And maximum death rate is around 5%.or less. You are ignorant.

the north covid 19 patients are protesting now let me ask u, have u been down with catarrh or malaria before?

if u have been down with either of these two u know how an adult can turn a baby over nyt not to talk of protesting.

Covid-19 is not malaria or catarrh. 95%, if not 100% of either malaria or catarrh patients would show symptoms but covid-19 is different. We've been made to understand that 80% wouldn't even know that they had it primarily because they don't develop any illness or show any symptoms. The reason they need to be in isolation is just to prevent them from infecting others unknowingly

abba kyari has underlining health issue n dokpesi who u may want to quote came out to state how confused he is cos he was diagnosed with malaria

And what if Abba Kyari had underlying health issue? Did that means he didn't have covid-19 too?
Dokpesi said that he confused his illness with malaria but you forgot to ask him why he left the remaining 3 members of his family behind at the isolation center. He should have requested for them to be discharged too since they were all suffering from malaria.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Jack500: 9:27am On May 20, 2020
GreenKalada:

It's a scam then. Why isn't she quarantined

She has been quarantined
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Jack500: 9:29am On May 20, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

den u too should b in isolation

u all will say some asymptomatic leave dat stories.

Ur friend maybe suffering from malaria.

from wat is about covid 19 u can't come in contact with a carrier n not b infected which is wat happened in d developed world.

if she is a carrier den Al of u d staff in dat company should b quarantined.

stop recieving ursef

U can't be quarantine like that oga, we were tested some of us tested positive, some negative, those positive was quarantined.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 9:47am On May 20, 2020
sulaimanhabeeb:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1262875460687495169

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/
NCDC- Nigeria Covid-19 Distribution Company.. today livescores get k-leg o
so Kano no score any goal. Lagos still dey top the league.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by SolarEdge: 10:00am On May 20, 2020
Myhusband:

this Covid-19 is real campaigners are either naive or politically ignorance

no one is disputing the fact that there is no Covid-19 in Nigeria but these politicians are using it as means to embezzled money. the figure of Covid-19 in Lagos is not even up to that figure, same as everywhere.
Shut up! You people should stop misleading the public. The number of infected persons is more than what is reported due to insufficient testing kits.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by FelcoCom: 10:10am On May 20, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Ok thanks
Alright, thank God!
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by jagaban002(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2020
Organicist95:

Mstchw
God save your soul
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Myhusband(m): 10:16am On May 20, 2020
SolarEdge:

Shut up! You people should stop misleading the public. The number of infected persons is more than what is reported due to insufficient testing kits.

you're stating this because you're what exactly?

imagine this kid telling his uncle's mate to shut up? do you've a working brain at all
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2020
maasoap:
Too much texts but full of ignorance.

oga shut up if u have not been following d recorded cases based on local govt, I made specific mention of those two local govt, it's very unlikely dat u can't know someone who is infected n given his/her testimony

Do you live in Eti Osa local government or you have someone living there and you have called that person if he knew any covid-19 patient from the area? As you can see, it is not about arguing alone but also asking oneself questions like: am I making sense to myself?

And you confirmed that from the corner of your room for over 5,000 confirmed cases in Nigeria? You're a clown. And those nurses and doctors, ambulances drivers and other health workers who have contracted the virus from treating the patients probably contracted "severe fever" from their patients too? See how you're disgracing yourself.
Let me ask you a question: are you implying that Nigerians are immuned to covid-19 or what exactly is your point?

Nigerians are not immune to d virus, what some of us are saying is d fg should stop their politics of no.s, both of us know dat if we have a few 100 cases of covid 19 in Nigeria, we don't haved medical facilities to take of d people n it has been in d net were someone dies without testing dey simply say covid 19 in their write up.

Probably, you're one of those few educated illiterates who believe that covid-19 has to be a death sentence. That once you're tested positive to covid-19, you have to be on a life support machine?
80% of covid-19 victims do not show symptoms.
Only 3% needs intensive care.
And maximum death rate is around 5%.or less. You are ignorant.

NO, u are d educated illiterate here, it is not a death sentence but over hundreds of thousand have died in d developed world with good medical facilities far beta Dan d ones u have In Nigeria, it is only in Nigeria dat dey don't show symptoms while in Oda country dey show abi?
going to school does not show u are educated anyway, u are just like a computer garbage in garbage out, u can't ask ursef simple questions, south Africa is an african country too

Covid-19 is not malaria or catarrh. 95%, if not 100% of either malaria or catarrh patients would show symptoms but covid-19 is different. We've been made to understand that 80% wouldn't even know that they had it primarily because they don't develop any illness or show any symptoms. The reason they need to be in isolation is just to prevent them from infecting others unknowingly

who made u understand if not d ones u read on d Nigeria covid 19, d protest in gombe n Katsina put more credence to d fact dat d no. n people in isolation are just sick from malaria n high fever n if u don't know try to read about d different types of malaria dat even u have not heard, high fever.

the index case in Benue Susan Okpe has been in isolation for how many months? yet ur govt is still.keeping her so d symptoms never show or Una dey wait to infect or what?

the videos u watched of the protesters from Gombe n Katsina what did d patient say?, no food dey use their own money to buy drugs.

if u say 80% people don't show symptoms n dey won't know now tell me y d lockdown n Ur assertion only shows dat covid 19 is not deadly as d Oda countries make it seem, close to 300k people have died, yet u are saying 80% don't show symptoms, from what u have written, means I can go play with covid 19 patient n nothing will happen

u should be asham

And what if Abba Kyari had underlying health issue? Did that means he didn't have covid-19 too?

Dokpesi said that he confused his illness with malaria but you forgot to ask him why he left the remaining 3 members of his family behind at the isolation center. He should have requested for them to be discharged too since they were all suffering from malaria.

Dokpesi said he has malaria n lots of people fall sick during d beginning of the rains now go n read about d no. of People killed by malaria every year, tuberculosis n den come n talk here n next time try to read properly before spewing gibberish.

1 Like

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Juliusmomoh: 10:21am On May 20, 2020
maasoap:

Una just like negative attention being directed at you! Is this the kind of educated folks we have in Nigeria? It's a shame sharing a country with some of you.
If at this stage where covid-19 has killed many prominent Nigerians, you're still looking for someone who knew someone who had covid-19, you deserve nothing but pity
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Juliusmomoh: 10:23am On May 20, 2020
maasoap:

my question is = do u knw anyone with the sickness ?
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Juliusmomoh: 10:29am On May 20, 2020
SolarEdge:

I love your instincts because you're a chronic Nigerian who don't believe in physical fire until he's burnt to confirm its fire.

A family friend was among those who contracted the disease. He was discharged 3 days ago. The man almost died, he was in ICU for over 10 days, he couldn't breath, eat nor talk.. It was God's intervention that saved him.

I pity most Nigerians wallowing in ignorance, I pray most of you this COVIDIOT don't get infected because of your mentality and idea about this virus.

CORONA VIRUS IS NOT A SCAM IN NIGERIA, INFACT THE NUMBER OF INFECTED PERSONS IS MORE THAN WAHT NCDC REPORTS BECAUSE OF LOW TESTING

BE GUIDED, STAY SAFE!
SELAH
Don't misquote me pls, i know what am saying... My question is : do u knw anyone with the sickness ? Simple
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Juliusmomoh: 10:30am On May 20, 2020
zoomman:

It's real....pray you don't have someone that knows someone that also knows someone that has the virus.
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Mira4Ashawo(f): 10:47am On May 20, 2020
[s]
Mizwisdom:

Kogi hasn't done any tests, it's not that there's no Corona there. Corona virus is real!!
[/s]
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by RexTramadol1: 11:04am On May 20, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

shut Ur trap, u dat works In d medical centre provide evidence of those in isolation centre( I simply stated videos on d net making d rounds), if u can't disprove my point above with beta videos of those in d isolation wars apart from the ones rejoicing on d net den shut up n stop quoting me.

we know Nigerians n pics by now d whole internet will b buzzing with pics of those in ventilators just like d pics of those in abroad but till date all Nigerian pics n videos of those in isolation centre are those dancing n d odas protesting.

try to get sense n don't think everybody is dumb like u.

if u can't counter someone's opinion with points n superior arguement den stop fooling ursef in cyberspace

Another BS!

I said go to the isolation center, that's not a difficult thing to do.

Don't come here and start talking about cyberspace as if you're to take everything you see there hook, line and sinker........

Even if you see video, someone like you will say they are paid to act sick
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by IFNOTGOD(m): 11:38am On May 20, 2020
RexTramadol1:

Another BS!

I said go to the isolation center, that's not a difficult thing to do.

Don't come here and start talking about cyberspace as if you're to take everything you see there hook, line and sinker........

Even if you see video, someone like you will say they are paid to act sick

like I said shut d hell up, I have stated my opinion n observation since u cant prove otherwise den keep it shut my dear.

if u so keen on disproving my opinion den get d evidence of dem in d isolation wars Oda Dan d ones dat I have seen.

till den stop taking tramadol it is not good for Ur health hence u actually end up in yaba

1 Like

Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by saasala(m): 11:42am On May 20, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
New case's, yet no one knew someone how knew someone who has the sickness.... Scamed country

Although the daily stats are inflated, but they are real. I actually know someone who knows some who has died in Nigeria from it.

My friend's wife's uncle died in Lagos from Coro
Re: 226 New COVID-19 Cases, 90 Discharged And 1 Death On May 19 - (1332 Tested) by Juliusmomoh: 11:48am On May 20, 2020
saasala:

Although the daily stats are inflated, but they are real. I actually know someone who knows some who has died in Nigeria from it.

My friend's wife's uncle died in Lagos from Coro
Like serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee / 7 Kinds Of Food You Should Be Eating To Boost Your Immune System / Pamela Onyeagusi & Justice Zainab Bashir Clash As Cosmetic Surgery Goes Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.