Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace (57207 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by ThatFairGuy: 9:53am On May 20, 2020
A yet-to-be-identified man on Tuesday evening broke two gates and forced his way into the compound where a house occupied by the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, was located in his Ile Oodua’s palace in Ile Ife.

According to sources, several gunshots were heard around the palace and one man was said to have been arrested in connection with the incident.

A source in Enuwa where the palace is located, who preferred anonymity, said a man driving a Mercedes Benz car with two passengers, had driven to the entrance of the palace some minutes to 7pm.

The security men at the entrance, it was learnt, however, denied the vehicle entry and asked the driver to park.

“But before they could check the vehicle, two of the passengers had disembarked and ran away, while the driver forced his way in. He hit the first gate and drove straight towards where Ooni lives.

“He also succeeded in breaking the second gate and was already near Ooni’s residence. He later disembarked. The man was dressed in a long robe and had a dog with him.

“The dog was later shot dead, while the man was apprehended. The man was later taken to Moore Police Station in Ile Ife,” the source said.

Efforts to reach the spokesperson for Ooni, Moses Olafare, were unsuccessful as calls to his mobile line did not connect, while he had not responded to inquiries through text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

However, a source in the palace, who preferred not to be named because he was not authorised to speak on the issue, told our correspondent that a man, who forced his way into the palace was arrested by security men.

He added, “It was not an attack on the palace or Kabiyesi as being insinuated. The gunshots people heard must have been when security men shot at the dog the suspect came with.”

FG slashes salaries of airport workers
Spokesperson for the Osun State Police Command, Yemisi Opalola, could not also be reached through her mobile number, as calls to the line rang out.

https://punchng.com/man-breaks-two-gates-rams-into-ooni-palace/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Trailblazer1(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2020
Was he wearing a suicide vest ?

Is he a hired assassin ?

Is this a Corona virus attack?

What exactly is his mission undecided

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by jerryadigun: 10:06am On May 20, 2020
The gods go reason him matter.

Trouble sleep yanga wake am.

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by emmawiz: 10:06am On May 20, 2020
angry
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Trailblazer1(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2020
This is definitely not a mental case since he had accomplice undecided

Or is he volunteering to be the new abobaku grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Latidoh1: 10:06am On May 20, 2020
Breach of security
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Babatunde40(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2020
I think the man wants to volunteer to be Abobaku

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Lyydia(f): 10:06am On May 20, 2020
They are definitely on a mission, if not, y would the 2 men run away nd y are they with dog to the kings palace.

... Thank God, they failed.
Long live Ooni of Ife, Igba Odun , Odun kan!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Evaromantik(m): 10:06am On May 20, 2020
Poor dog....... Murdered by master's stupidity cry.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2020
grin
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by rawtouch: 10:07am On May 20, 2020
who vex am
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by ThanosDr: 10:07am On May 20, 2020
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Nonso92(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2020
Pictures/video or I don't believe it.

7 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by STREETSAN(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2020
Could it have been a dare

2 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by snazzy5050(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2020
Weird

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Kingpele(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2020
Madness at its peak. Op pictures of this incidence will be appreciated. Thank you.

Police should carry out proper investigation.

Again I felt Amotekun should be the one to have arrested him.
Amotekun was all political outfit. It should be re branded.
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by jericco1(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
That's some James Bond shït undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by richard870(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
Oh
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by pyyxxaro: 10:08am On May 20, 2020
Trailblazer1:
grin

Amotekun is coming for you
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by CONFAMA: 10:08am On May 20, 2020
Nigga just wan collect palliatives grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Openbusiness: 10:08am On May 20, 2020
poor dog sad. but why did they shoot the dog dead? was it the dog that broke in, if i'm the president i would immediately order those who shot that dog to be arrested and prosecuted in court, and if guilty, they will be sentenced to die by swimming with the 125,000 nile crocodiles in the Nile river. What kind of rubbish is that, what a horrible cold blooded murder. An innocent dog was put in the car against its wish, was driven to the palace against its wish, got out of the car into palace compound against its wish, but the only wish the dog had was to remain LOYAL to his master no matter what, loyal even in the face of death. Now the dog is dead for a crime it didn't commit. RIP to the dog, may the angels lead you to Heaven. Dogs are the most wonderful animals in this world, they are truly man's best friend. If you have a dog, please love it even if you as a person is a devil, because no matter who you are, a dog has nothing but love for you.

20 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Dangrace01: 10:08am On May 20, 2020
What.

I think it was a mistake. Nobody driving a Benz like this would want to bash it. We are the home of Benz on nairaland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Sundaypaul12345: 10:08am On May 20, 2020
It is finished
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Gee645(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
incomplete Story
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Iamvetlander(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
F
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Nobody: 10:08am On May 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

https://punchng.com/man-breaks-two-gates-rams-into-ooni-palace/

It looks like Mario game with all the barriers and traps, the ooni was the the final stage or price. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by praiseneo(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
E be like commando film

2 Likes

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by abiolag(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
angry

1 Like

Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2020
please someone should help me.. let me get a cartoon of noodles to survive this wike lockdown abeg..

my p-h people will understand..please help me. I am a Student-Photographer. and things have been hard since.
Account number dey my signature..
abeg.
thanks
Re: Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace by CONFAMA: 10:09am On May 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Snake Charmers At The Wedding Of Emir Sanusi's Daughter (photos / Alaafin's Wife, Badirat Ajoke Adeyemi At Bambam And Teddy-A's Wedding / Your Favourite(s) Igbo Praise Names For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.