Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,404 members, 7,861,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada (534 Views)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by deluckiest(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2020
There is so much deceit and insincerity in this COVID 19 palaver.

This pandemic has exposed our unpreparedness to manage emergency situations, the government and health workers in government hospital are culpable. My experience in the hands of the public health workers is a bitter experience I don't pray to encounter again.

I do experience some occasional respiratory discomfort and mild chest pains especially when I'm indoors. This illness started 5years ago when I was a student at Unilag. I went to the school's Health centre and got better . No test or CXR was ever done.
I use ventolin inhaler on my own each time I have the episode which may not come for a year.

I called a relative who is a doctor 2 weeks ago because I needed his opinion with the complaints. He directed me to the Ikorodu General Hospital for proper evaluation. At the hospital I was nonchalantly and unprofessionally treated. Without any examination or simple auscultation of my chest they had already condemned me as a COVID 19 patient giving me a list of drugs to buy:
hydroxylchoroquine, vit.C, Zinc tab. , Cefuroxime, which are drugs they use in isolation centres in Lagos. Thereafter, I was refereed to LUTH for COVID 19 screening.
Meanwhile, I had no fever, no cough, no itchy throat, no sneezing, no weakness. At LUTH I was tossed up and down for 2 days and then sent to IDH in Yaba. My experience at IDH was worse than what happened at Ikorodu and LUTH. I saw a lot of very sick patients sent away on the excuse that they are out of testing materials. After another 3 days I was again referred to NIMR where the samples were to be obtained. After 2 days at the NIMR I was directed to go and generate some information electronically before they could obtain my swab specimen.

After several times I couldn't succeed and was told that there were no materials for the tests as they were expecting some from the NCDC.
At this stage I gave up the quest and went back to my family in Ikorodu.

Aftermath of my experience, my doctor whom I earlier contacted asked me to do a CXR ,ECG and other basic tests.

In the meantime, he prescribe these drug which I'm taking and there is much improvement as I'm doing very well.

salbutamol, prednisone, paracetamol

Hopefully I will come for a review when my results are ready.

This narrative is to highlight the decay in our healthcare system.

Everyday they continue to churn out statistics of how many they have cured, discharged etc. It is a charade.
If I really had CORONAVIRUS I would be dead by now. Why can't doctors do normal or basic examinations again.?

There is a need for total rebirth, attitudinal change in the way we do things.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by Seun(m): 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
Bump. Apologies for the blocking of your post by the anti-spam bot.

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by CodeTemplar: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Most nations aren't prepared but ours is a little bit peculiar.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by chibowobbed(m): 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nawao.
Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by Munzy14(m): 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Right from time we know their are hanky-panky among the respective sectors to sway funds and outdo each other...Nothing lasts forever.

Two years ago ajimobi was exercising powers in OYo state, today where are all those things he pride in.

Constituted authorities keeps diverting public funds las las it back fires on them..

Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by fidelmarshal199: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
My take about covid 19 is that the thing is real but it's nat as deadly as it was portrayed. It's just an overrated malaria that can be cured even with just a malaria drug. The whole world is ignoring it and moving on with their lives, this is evident in the celebration of Liverpool winning the premier league in England and The heavy protest of the black lives matter that rocked th US. Why is our own government now talking about a round 2 lockdown?

1 Like

Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by ryfoz(m): 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
deluckiest:

you are very lucky bro. A friend of mine with a little bit of asthmatic issues (episodes) long before COVID-19 died as a result of this nonchalant attitude of health workers, stigmatisation based on their prejudice, foolishness, and inability to conduct and treat basic human illness as common as headache. He died right there in an hospital where they refused to attend to him on time.

All he complained of was shortness of breath and how he managed to take himself there was a wonder, and a simple inhaler could have saved his life.

I was very angry when I heard the news because we grew up together and he was planning his wedding soon sef. We are far from each other now (different state) and I really wish I was there for him that day
Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by deluckiest(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Seun:
Bump. Apologies for the blocking of your post by the anti-spam bot.
"No problem boss. Thank you smiley
Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by deluckiest(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
ryfoz:

you are very lucky bro. A friend of mine with a little bit of asthmatic issues (episodes) long before COVID-19 died as a result of this nonchalant attitude of health workers, stigmatisation based on their prejudice, foolishness, and inability to conduct and treat basic human illness as common as headache. He died right there in an hospital where they refused to attend to him on time.

All he complained of was shortness of breath and how he managed to take himself there was a wonder, and a simple inhaler could have saved his life.

I was very angry when I heard the news because we grew up together and he was planning his wedding soon sef. We are far from each other now (different state) and I really wish I was there for him that day
Hope we get it right sooner than later. So sad. May his soul and those of the departed rest in peace and those already ill to have full recovery in Jesus name, Amen
Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by ryfoz(m): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2020
deluckiest:
Hope we get it right sooner than later. So sad. May his soul and those of the departed rest in peace and those already ill to have full recovery in Jesus name, Amen

amen o
Re: My Covid-19 Experience: The Deceit, Media Propangada by TAYO124: 7:30am On Jul 27, 2020
deluckiest:
There is so much deceit and insincerity in this COVID 19 palaver.

This pandemic has exposed our unpreparedness to manage emergency situations, the government and health workers in government hospital are culpable. My experience in the hands of the public health workers is a bitter experience I don't pray to encounter again.

I do experience some occasional respiratory discomfort and mild chest pains especially when I'm indoors. This illness started 5years ago when I was a student at Unilag. I went to the school's Health centre and got better . No test or CXR was ever done.
I use ventolin inhaler on my own each time I have the episode which may not come for a year.

I called a relative who is a doctor 2 weeks ago because I needed his opinion with the complaints. He directed me to the Ikorodu General Hospital for proper evaluation. At the hospital I was nonchalantly and unprofessionally treated. Without any examination or simple auscultation of my chest they had already condemned me as a COVID 19 patient giving me a list of drugs to buy:
hydroxylchoroquine, vit.C, Zinc tab. , Cefuroxime, which are drugs they use in isolation centres in Lagos. Thereafter, I was refereed to LUTH for COVID 19 screening.
Meanwhile, I had no fever, no cough, no itchy throat, no sneezing, no weakness. At LUTH I was tossed up and down for 2 days and then sent to IDH in Yaba. My experience at IDH was worse than what happened at Ikorodu and LUTH. I saw a lot of very sick patients sent away on the excuse that they are out of testing materials. After another 3 days I was again referred to NIMR where the samples were to be obtained. After 2 days at the NIMR I was directed to go and generate some information electronically before they could obtain my swab specimen.

In the meantime, he prescribe these drug which I'm taking and there is much improvement as I'm doing very well.

salbutamol, prednisone, paracetamol

Hopefully I will come for a review when my results are ready.

This narrative is to highlight the decay in our healthcare system.

You seem to be asthmatic?

(1) (Reply)

Several Bodies On The Streets Of Toamasina, Madagascar. Government Deploy Doctor / I Can't Breathe / List Of Steroid Drugs To Add Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.