Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience (11437 Views)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:26am On Dec 25, 2020
Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu says he experienced most of the symptoms associated with coronavirus during his 14 days in isolation.

The governor noted that his experience further proved to him that COVID-19 is real.

Sanwo-Olu explained that he had a good medical team that attended to him each time he experienced a new symptom.

He shared his personal battle against the virus in a briefing held at the State House, Marina on Thursday.

He said, “COVID-19 is real”, apparently cautioning those still in doubt of the outbreak of the pandemic.

The Governor, on December 11, went into self-isolation after exposure to an infected aide. His test result came back positive, the day after.

Sanwo-Olu, however, said he was “fortunate to have had a relatively moderate experience in the course of his infection”, but added that he “experienced most of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, including cough, fatigue and loss of smell”.

The Governor expressed concern about the new surge in the rate of infection, disclosing that Lagos was now recording 18 per cent in positive results from the daily testing.

‌
He said, “Fellow Lagosians, let me sound this note of warning again, as I have done from the onset of this pandemic, COVID-19 is real. It is here with us, and it is not a respecter of anyone, or of social class, religious belief, or partisan affiliation. Not only is the virus here with us, but this second wave we are currently seeing is also proving to be more ambitious than the first wave.

“We are seeing infection figures that are surpassing what we saw at the peak of the first wave, and, just like then, Lagos remains the epicentre. As a densely-populated city, and a centre of international trade and commerce, this is not surprising in any way. But, it is also the reason we need to exercise an abundance of caution in this period.”

The Governor stressed that the State Government was not resting on its oars to halt the second wave of the pandemic, disclosing that the State had started to raise the capacity of its isolation centres and General Hospitals by installing Oxygen Kiosks, which are needed for treatment of COVID-19 patients with compromised respiratory tracts.

Sanwo-Olu said six Oxygen Kiosks out of the ten proposed in the first phase would be unveiled next week.

The Governor restated that the emergency required to tame the second wave of the virus would not permit public gatherings and crowding, especially in Yuletide when religious centres would be holding services and vigils.

https://punchng.com/my-covid-19-experience-sanwo-olu/

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Zico5(m): 12:27am On Dec 25, 2020
Thank God for his mercy Mr governor. But let me remind u that hunger in the land has made the fear of covid-19 to vanish quickly. We don't care again. Pls don't shut down the economy for anything. We will cope with it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Bluntguy: 12:37am On Dec 25, 2020
Zico5:
Thank God for his mercy Mr governor. But let me remind u that hunger in the land has made the fear of covid-19 to vanish quickly. We don't care again. Pls don't shut down the economy for anything. We will cope with it.
...and please don't remove CCTV from Lekki toll gate again.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:41am On Dec 25, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Luckydubby7(m): 4:17am On Dec 25, 2020
Which experience?
So, u believe this one get covid?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Skyfornia(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2020
Mr Governor...the golden question people refuse to ask is 'How did you contact the virus?"

It shows you didn't observe the covid 19 rules or maybe the virus don't care whether you observe the rules or not...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Chonco: 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
Experience2020
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by ofiko123(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
What the fvck I'ma gonna do with your COVID Experience??

8 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Lastmankc(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
Audio

5 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by slawormiir: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Nobody gives a fuckkk

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by bluefilm: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
#COVIDIOT undecided

4 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by ecolime(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
nurez305:
Scam
It's not a scam dude.

Though the thing na advanced flu (symptoms are sore throat, cough, headache and catarrh).. But it spreads quickly and people with underlying health challenges are at a greater risk of dying.

Please pray none of your loved ones contract it. It's not funny oo

@Sanwo-Olu: Don't shut down the economy no matter what. Hunger dey kill pass Covid by far. Let's just be more responsible as a society.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Paperworka: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
this is a warning for concealing the killers of the Endsars protesters

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by thaoriginator: 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2020

A lie you ah tell ... Me bloodclaat!!!
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Movie
Make we dey watch

2 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by nurez305(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Scam

2 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Amspecial: 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by iamJ(m): 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Who asked you? Governors seeking reelection always try to form relatable

Partisan affiliation? democracy has failed abeg

2 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by SpeedyHitman: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Thanks Sanwo!

I say my salaams
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by AfonjaMuslim: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Fooooool

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Kinzo0917(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
God just gave u a second chance. Not all those who experience Corona came back alive. Let ur remaining life be service to God and mankind. May God keep us all in His bossom

2 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by TheSpellChecker: 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Skyfornia:
Mr Governor...the golden question people refuse to ask is 'How did you contact the virus?"

It shows you didn't observe the covid 19 rules or maybe the virus don't care whether you observe the rules or not...

Contract.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by iamJ(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Kinzo0917:
God just gave u a second chance. Not all those who experience Corona came back alive. Let ur remaining life be service to God and mankind. May God keep us all in His bossom

Them dey close church because of virus, holy spirit no get level, instead of sharing healing, pastor dey share palliatives, una go eventually get sense
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by WiszyFraud: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
How did Abba Kyari die, but you all keep surviving it?!?!
SCAMDEMIC for a reason undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by jovijovi: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ok, you do not know it was real before?
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by Deentertainer(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by adenigga(m): 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
Yeah!

That's our elites experience @ Isolation centres compares to their Europeans they are copying!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience by dyera(m): 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
After participating in promoting the scamdemic, more money to your bank account.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Lagos, Kano, Ogun, FCT Still Conducting COVID-19 Tests – PTF / Where Can I Find A "good" Gym In Abuja / Doctor Sued For Removing Man’s Penis Without Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.