Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:52 AM

Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court (37071 Views)

Ese Oruru: Convicted Child Trafficker, Dahiru Released After Serving Jail term / Police Arrest Imu Ovaioza Yunusa For Defrauding Nigerians (Video) / Blackmailer, Charlotte Delhi Granted N5M Bail By Court (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by WaffenSS(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2020
5 years to serve Justice
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:
If the sentences run concurrently, then he'll be spending seven years in jail which, to me,is too small
The north should know that this their stupid act of marrying kids can only be tolerated in their region.
Any attempt to expand their criminal marriage to the south will be met with stiff resistance
Girls from the south are more than objects for the other rooms.
Over Here, We Don't Marry Kids And You Guys Should Respect That

Still, Seven Years Is Too Small
I wonder...I thought rape of a minor should carry a heavier sentence.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by lastempero: 1:28pm On May 21, 2020
GraGra247:
Sentence is too harsh.

You sound like a rapist lipsrsealed
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by MuchAdo: 1:28pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:
If the sentences run concurrently, then he'll be spending seven years in jail which, to me,is too small
The north should know that this their stupid act of marrying kids can only be tolerated in their region.
Any attempt to expand their criminal marriage to the south will be met with stiff resistance

The crime was abduction and forced marriage... embarassed
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Lukay99: 1:29pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Stupid act of marrying kids? or criminal marriage? really! the only thing that may be criminal with this case is marrying the girl without the consent of her parents or adult guardian. even in many so called European western countries the age of consent is 15 or 14 years including the U.S. yes you have every right to dislike marrying at a young age but calling it criminal act or stupid act is wrong when it's not. even you yourself how old was your grandma or great grandmother when she married your grandfathers? if they are 15 or younger, are you now saying your grandfathers are criminals or stupid?
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by MuchAdo: 1:29pm On May 21, 2020
hotdo9:

There is no rape here.

Age of consent in Nigeria is 11... kiss
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by AmazingELixir: 1:29pm On May 21, 2020
grin cheesy grin

This same Ese oruru wey carry less than 3 months learn how to speak hausa...Mr Yellow really format the small girl brain with him uncircumcised tool.

I remember Ese for NTA then crying asking for her husband in hausa. Chai
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by MuchAdo: 1:30pm On May 21, 2020
Someone7:
Just 7 years. This girl was kidnapped, raped and her childhood basically ruined by this man. And he is sentenced for 7 years? WTF?

The offence here is abduction and forced marriage... embarassed
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 21, 2020
MuchAdo:

There is no rape here.

Age of consent in Nigeria is 11... kiss
Yikes.....because some useless men want to satisfy their depraved minds
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Okoroawusa: 1:33pm On May 21, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Justice delayed, but not denied. But you can’t be too sure this guy will spend 5yrs before dem release am through back door.
He has been in jail since 2015 plus this new 5 years.

In actual sense our laws are too lenient on cases like this. If it was America they will lock this idiot up n throw away the key...
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by NaMeAboki: 1:34pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:

FYI the south, and in particular, the South South is known for money brides; where children are forcefully married out to old men as payment of debts owed by their parents.
Similarly, child brides are not uncommon in some communities of the SE, in particular, Ebonyi and Anambra states.
Besides; evidence based on research has revealed that a lot of your girls become sexually active as early as 10 yrs of age.
You can therefore get off your high horse; and come down and smell the coffee.

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Lukay99: 1:37pm On May 21, 2020
hotdo9:

is this really a rape case or charges? the question is what is the age of consent in Nigeria? if the girl is within the age of consent and she agrees or consent to the marriage then she's his wife. but marrying and traveling the girl without the consent of her parents is mainly what his charge for
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Joefat: 1:45pm On May 21, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
The man Don chop clean mouth na grin

Even if he goes to Jain the simple truth is that

That little girl is gone cry

I can't imagine the kind of hole he has dig between the legs of the girl. She's really gone.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Mourinho24: 1:47pm On May 21, 2020
salbis:
Everything has expiration date. Has she given birth? If yes what happens to the baby?
SHORT AS THIS STORY YOU STILL COULD NOT READ IT TO THE END TO KNOW IF THE ESE HAD PUT TO BED? I SORRY YOU OH.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by GraGra247(m): 1:47pm On May 21, 2020
lastempero:

You sound like a rapist lipsrsealed

Your useless destiny is that of rapists. Scalliwag!!
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 21, 2020
Lukay99:

is this really a rape case or charges? the question is what is the age of consent in Nigeria? if the girl is within the age of consent and she agrees or consent to the marriage then she's his wife. but marrying and traveling the girl without the consent of her parents is mainly what his charge for
Heres the confusion
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/185851-fact-check-nigerias-sexual-offences-bill-stipulates-18-years-not-11-years-as-age-of-consent.html

Its a case of rape cum "illegal marriage" and adoption. Rape because she was a minor of about 13-14 years when the offence was commited. He could have as well married her without touching her till she was old enough if her parents accepted his marriage proposal, some muslims claim to do this and it is legal to them I think. But as it is I think he was convicted only for the "illegal marriage and adoption" thing as you say.

1 Like

Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by ngwababe(f): 1:51pm On May 21, 2020
See as dem turn this clean girl to ihe m na amaghị! lipsrsealed
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by salbis(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2020
Mourinho24:
SHORT AS THIS STORY YOU STILL COULD NOT READ IT TO THE END TO KNOW IF THE ESE HAD PUT TO BED? I SORRY YOU OH.
. A Federal High Court sitting in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, has sentenced Yinusa Dahiru to a 26- year imprisonment for abducting and forcing a teenager, Ese Oruru into marriage.

The long-awaited judgement was delivered on Thursday by Justice Jane Inyang.

Jane acquitted Dahiru on Count one but jailed him five years (count two), seven years (count three) seven years (count four) and seven years, (count five).

According to the judge, the sentences would run concurrently.

Eseoghene Rita Oruru was abducted on August 12, 2015, in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital and spirited out to Kano, where she was impregnated and then converted into a ‘wife’ by Yunusa Dahiru, (aka Yellow), in clear violation of civil law and without the consent of the parents.

The incident attracted a strong condemnation and compelled the Federal Government, which directed the then Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, to locate and return Ese to her family in Bayelsa State. The IGP was further directed to prosecute Dahiru before a competent court in Yenagoa under the relevant extant laws.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Akile1: 2:03pm On May 21, 2020
oshozondii:
Remember Ese Oruru, the 14-year-old girl resident with her parents in Bayelsa, who was abducted, taken to Kano and impregnated by Yinusa Dahiru aka Yellow in 2015.

https://www.nairaland.com/2967343/abduction-ese-oruru-5-months-pregnant#43418583

https://www.nairaland.com/3454358/stunning-new-look-ese-oruru#50876892

https://www.nairaland.com/3129029/ese-oruru-delivers-baby-girl#45992069

Yunusa who has been in prison, named his daughter Fatima. He has however be sentenced today.

https://www.tvcnews.tv/ese-orurus-abductor-sentenced-to-26-years-in-jail/?amp&__twitter_impression=true
nice one . I hv bn waiting for this judgement
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by olasco2035: 2:03pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:

What of the stupid act of running baby factory with teenagers which I think u are also a product of same system
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by dazzlingd(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2020
Delayed justice creates a mess....nothing as sweet as instant judgement and punishment to serve as deterrence to others
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 21, 2020
Joefat:

I can't imagine the kind of hole he has dig between the legs of the girl. She's really gone.

Exactly

That's right
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Princessogaraya(f): 2:13pm On May 21, 2020
Hausa people use to do that when they go to any part that is not their region they will use charm and charm the girl.....she will understand herself even if she see any of her family member she will not recognize them and she will be running from her family
I know one the girl hausa man do the same she have not come back then, nobody know were she is.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Billygee2u: 2:13pm On May 21, 2020
oshozondii:
Remember Ese Oruru, the 14-year-old girl resident with her parents in Bayelsa, who was abducted, taken to Kano and impregnated by Yinusa Dahiru aka Yellow in 2015.

https://www.nairaland.com/2967343/abduction-ese-oruru-5-months-pregnant#43418583

https://www.nairaland.com/3454358/stunning-new-look-ese-oruru#50876892

https://www.nairaland.com/3129029/ese-oruru-delivers-baby-girl#45992069

Yunusa who has been in prison, named his daughter Fatima. He has however be sentenced today.

https://www.tvcnews.tv/ese-orurus-abductor-sentenced-to-26-years-in-jail/?amp&__twitter_impression=true
He deserves 45 yrs,well, this better than setting him free
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Lukay99: 2:14pm On May 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:

He has been in jail since 2015 plus this new 5 years.

In actual sense our laws are too lenient on cases like this. If it was America they will lock this idiot up n throw away the key...

Are you sure about your in America Statement? the man may get the same numbers of years or less sentence or more, depending on the state within America. most bible belts states(southern states) in America have less age of consent. some have 16 or even 15 years old as the age of consent. and yes if in America the Man is white, he's in the southern state, is a Republican, is a Christian, is rich and can afford the best lawyers, he can definitely walk away free and not be charge in your so called America.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Ugwueme1(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2020
justic at last but can he appealed the case pls help save a soul
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by BabaRamota1980: 2:24pm On May 21, 2020
Factfinder1:
Good one....thank God it wasn't in a sharia court oga would have been awarded more children to abduct and marry...spits on the religion that allows old men penetrate minor

angry

2 Likes

Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by stevups(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:

The period is minote
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by Sagay212: 2:33pm On May 21, 2020
MuchAdo:

The offence here is abduction and forced marriage... embarassed

Forced marriage is equal to rape. You abduct an underage, convert her forcefully to your religion, marry her forcefully and phuck her against her wish.
Crimes committed are:
Abduction
Forceful marriage
Forceful conversion to islam( violation of freedom of religion)
Forceful sexual intercourse
Sexual intercourse with an underage

He is guilty of all allegations and be punished for all.
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by magzey: 2:34pm On May 21, 2020
This is violation of human right and God will see him through, the girl loves him and people are taking Religious and racial means to punish the Innocent boy. Very sad undecided undecided
Re: Ese Oruru: Yunusa Dahiru Sentenced To 26 Years In Jail By Court by bencarson007(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2020
Iyiataata92:

I followed this story bumper to bumper then when punch newspapers still had sense...

7 years is too small abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Mob Set Vehicle Ablaze As Suspected Yahoo Boy Crushes Two To Death / Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint / 6 Nigerians Arrested For Illegally Entering India Through Night Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.