Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive (3099 Views)

How Do I Convert My Gear From 13 Pin To 10 Pin? / Having Gear Problems On Your 10 Pin Gear? / 2007 Camry V6 22 Pin Gear Behaving Very Funny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by Milosval: 5:05am On May 22, 2020
I have a 2005 Toyota sienna that won’t go in reverse when hot, but drives forward. But while driving forward it slips a little bit at times. It is 10 pin gearbox. I met mechanic who replaced the fibre and tail, yet the gear won't engage in reverse but but engage in drive. Please advise what and how to fix this problems. I have handicapped financial power at present, so can't buy new gearbox. I use the car for transport. Please your candid advise is seriously needed. Thanks.
Re: Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by dicksonadams(m): 9:18am On May 22, 2020
Milosval:
I have a 2005 Toyota sienna that won’t go in reverse when hot, but drives forward. But while driving forward it slips a little bit at times. It is 10 pin gearbox. I met mechanic who replaced the fibre and tail, yet the gear won't engage in reverse but but engage in drive. Please advise what and how to fix this problems. I have handicapped financial power at present, so can't buy new gearbox. I use the car for transport. Please your candid advise is seriously needed. Thanks.

Go to another mechanic to get a second opinion.
Re: Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by Toyosienna: 1:50am On May 23, 2020
Milosval:

Bro,,start from the transmission fluid 1,check you don’t have low fluid 2,check the color of the fluid if is brown or coming black you need to drain it and put new fluid 3,check for leakage and you make clogged filter too.. and with your explanation not going to reverse and slip sometimes at drive ,your transmission wearing out little or the solenoid valve is malfunctioning. But check fluid first and if possible you can replace the valve too .bro can we chat more WhatsApp’s I have some questions to ask you can drop your whatapps contact
Re: Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by diportivo: 7:53am On May 23, 2020
Milosval:

the bolded is the only problem I can deduce from this ur write up

obviously u know the solution

it is well brother.....cos the money u will keep spending on unnecessary things go dey near replacement transmission money
Re: Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by ALNUTOINC: 3:04pm On May 27, 2020
Toyosienna:

Bro,,start from the transmission fluid 1,check you don’t have low fluid 2,check the color of the fluid if is brown or coming black you need to drain it and put new fluid 3,check for leakage and you make clogged filter too.. and with your explanation not going to reverse and slip sometimes at drive ,your transmission wearing out little or the solenoid valve is malfunctioning. But check fluid first and if possible you can replace the valve too .bro can we chat more WhatsApp’s I have some questions to ask you can drop your whatapps contact

Hi,
I also have some stuff to ask.
What’s is 09034299700

Await your response

Thanks
Re: Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by chiscoboi: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
Good day, I have an issue with my sienna 05 once the gearbox is cold it will not move when engaged in drive except I raise the engine several times when engaged and it will move when the oil gets hot that is when the gear will start selecting and all the gear will select properly.
Note it will enter reverse even when it's cold. Pls tell me what is the best solution thanks
Re: Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive by stevetemi(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2021
My car is Toyota Highlander 10 pin .I also experienced the same problem not working in reverse but ok in drive. I took it to a mechanic in ikorodu who is a gear master. He changed some fibre/ solenoid and close to two yes now,no single issue my car is working perfectly. So if u know good technician around u who has encounter same problem,they can fix it 4 u

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World Nigerians Can’t Afford [see Prices] / Toyota Corolla 1999 Model And Toyota Camry 99 Model( Tiny Light) Conparism / The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.