Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Satan The Choirmaster? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan The Choirmaster? (1631 Views)

Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 4:19pm On May 22, 2020
Today I just found out that Monogamy isnt Biblical as believed by Christains. There is no direct instruction from the bible directing all men to be monogamous.
This realization took me back to 2013, the year I discovered the old tale about satan being a dethroned, beautiful, Choitmaster in heaven is; if not Lie, unbiblical.
No where in the bible was this enticing tail documented. No bible verse supports the story of a beautiful angel who was the choirmaster of heaven, rebelling against God and then was defeated by Arch Angel Michael and thrown down to earth.
I say this with confidence because even the Jehovah's witnesses whom I consider erudites bible scholars, couldnt help me find any. Neither could the internet.
The closest to this fable (FABU according to warri) are four verses. But they are far from the truth. These verses comes close because the talk about Lucifer Falling From Heaven. They re Isaiah 14:12, Ezekial 28, Luke 10:18, and Revelation 12: 7-9.

Lets analyse thses verses
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Juliusmomoh: 4:29pm On May 22, 2020
If u don't have any meanful thing to talk about go and sleep.... ..... i don't have time to brag about God spoken word (bible).

1 Like

Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 4:36pm On May 22, 2020
1.Isaiah 14:12(KJV).
How art thou fallen from heaven, O lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground.....
Now it looks like the bible is talking about satan, but dont take the verse in Isolation. Isaiah 14 from verse 1 talks about Babylon suppressing Israel and how God would bring Babylon down and uplifts Israel. That is why goodnews version of the bible replaces satan with King of Babylon.
Isaiah 14:12..."King of Babylon, bright morning star, you have falling from heaven...."
For those who choose to stick with KJV, pls read up to verse 16......where the bible addressed the falling lucifer as a man, a man, not an Angel nor spirit being.
Isaiah 14:16(KJV)...."They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying; Is this the "man" that made the earth tremble......"
Conclisively Isaiah 14: 12 wasnt talking about Lucifer as satan but Babylon was lucifer whom the lord would pull down to liberate Israel
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 4:38pm On May 22, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If u don't have any meanful thing to talk about go and sleep.... ..... i don't have time to brag about God spoken word (bible).

Be patient sir.
If I make my submission, I encourage you to point out the falsehood in them.
I'm opening to re-education on this issue
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Juliusmomoh: 4:41pm On May 22, 2020
sebali:

Be patient sir. If I make my submission, I encourage you to point out the falsehood in them. I'm opening to re-education on this issue
This is not education, this is arguement. OK
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by germaphobe(m): 4:52pm On May 22, 2020
you've got my attention sir
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 4:58pm On May 22, 2020
2. Ezekiel 28.
The entire chapter talks about the King of Tyrus/Tyre (depending on the bible version you use), whom prided himself a god and exhauted himself a Cherub being brought down by God and also the destruction of Zidon(another kingdom).
No where does it refer to satan in this chapter but Christain Scholars argue that verse 1 to 10 talked about the king of Tyre/Tyrus but from verse 11 to 19 was refering to satan...
I disagree cos verses 11 & 12 clearly still talks about the king of Trye/Tyrus.
Ezekiel 28 (KJV) verse 11.... More so the word of the lord came unto me.
Verse 12....Son of man take up a lamentation upon the "king of Tyrus, and say unto him, thus saith the lord God......"
Obviously Ezekiel 28:11 to the end was still talking about Kings( King of Tyrus and Zidon) and not satan.
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 4:59pm On May 22, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
This is not education, this is arguement. OK
Friendly Banters are usually Educative
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 5:00pm On May 22, 2020
germaphobe:
you've got my attention sir
Thank you
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Juliusmomoh: 5:01pm On May 22, 2020
sebali:

Friendly Banters are usually Educative
We don't banter with the word of God .. OK
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 5:15pm On May 22, 2020
3. Luke10:18 (goodnews)
" Jesus answered them " I saw satan fall like lightening from heaven".
Again lets not take this verse in Isolation, let us examine the entire chapter.
Luke 10 talks about what the Catholic church calls the great commission where Jesus sent out 72 disciples to go preach the word of God to the cities of Israel.
In verse 17 they came back rejoicing....Luke 10 vesrse 17 "the 72 men came in great Joy. Lord, they said, even the demons obeyed us when we gave them commands in your name!" and Jesus replied in verse 18 that he saw satan fall like lightening from heaven. In my opinion this was a metaphorical statement by Jesus celebrating the success of the mission.....as in "Gods Kingdom through his disciples has Triumped over the Kingdom of Satan....thus Lucifer has fallen.
Thus this in no way prove that there was a rebellious, beautiful choirmaster, kicked out of heaven.
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by spartan117(m): 5:55pm On May 22, 2020
sebali:
3. Luke10:18 (goodnews)
" Jesus answered them " I saw satan fall like lightening from heaven".
Again lets not take this verse in Isolation, let us examine the entire chapter.
Luke 10 talks about what the Catholic church calls the great commission where Jesus sent out 72 disciples to go preach the word of God to the cities of Israel.
In verse 17 they came back rejoicing....Luke 10 vesrse 17 "the 72 men came in great Joy. Lord, they said, even the demons obeyed us when we gave them commands in your name!" and Jesus replied in verse 18 that he saw satan fall like lightening from heaven. In my opinion this was a metaphorical statement by Jesus celebrating the success of the mission.....as in "Gods Kingdom through his disciples has Triumped over the Kingdom of Satan....thus Lucifer has fallen.
Thus this in no way prove that there was a rebellious, beautiful choirmaster, kicked out of heaven.
@ the bolded, it's very easy to fall into error when you study the Bible without the guidiance of the holy spirit.
Your opinion does not override what is clearly stated in God's word.

Here is the meaning of the root word translated as Satan in that verse.

Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 5:55pm On May 22, 2020
4. Revelation 12: 7 - 9.(goodnews)
Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and the Angels fought against the dragon who fought back with his Angels; but the dragon was defeated and he and his angels where not allowed to stay in heaven any longer. The huge dragon was thrown out - the ancient serpent called devil, or satan, that deceived the whole world. He was thrown down to earth, and all his angels with him".

This comes closest to the "handsome choirmaster tale". It has Angel Michael in it, It has a fight where satan was thrown down to earth in it and actually also talked about angels and not men...But this is way off the "handsome choirmaster tale".
Now open your bible and read revelation 12 from verse 1. There you find out that the devil was a dragon and not an handsome, chorister, angel as told. Also you see that the dragon(the devil) was not rebelling against God but was after the Woman who gave birth in verse 1. The dragon wanted to eat up the baby but the woman was whisked out of heaven and thus war broke out in heaven.
Again This is Revelation "things to come" and not "things that have happened" .
For those whom would still argue this obvious fact, please read on
Rev 12: 5 " Then she gave birth to a son who would rule over the earth with an Iron feast.
Rev 12: 11 " Our brothers and sisters won the victory over him(the dragon) by the blood of the lamb(Jesus)...." this verse clearly shows that Jesus has already died for us on the cross before this new ruler is to be born.
Rev 12:17 "the dragon was furious with the woman and went off to fight against the rest of her descendants, all those who obey God's commandments and are faithful to the truth revealed by "Jesus". Again Jesus comes before this new ruler(whom many Christains say is Jesus' second coming).

So as it, Heaven is still at peace, and the dragon(beast) is at large as we await the birth of the child as revealed to John.

1 Like

Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 5:58pm On May 22, 2020
spartan117:

@ the bolded, it's very easy to fall into error when you study the Bible without the guidiance of the holy spirit.
Your opinion does not override what is clearly stated in God's word.

Lets assume the spirit spoke to you and told you it wasnt a metaphorical statement....It still doesnt support the claim that satan was once a handsome choirmaster in heaven.
Again I noticed how you ignored the first to arguements and talked only on the one with my opinion....Talk about Isaiah 14:12.
Talk about Ezekiel 28.....
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 6:16pm On May 22, 2020
Finally, I submit that this "handsome choirmaster tale was coined from the combination of Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28 and Revelation 12.
Isaiah 14....The Morning star; Beaitiful Angel
Ezekiel 28...Cherub; "The choirmaster"
Rev 12......Angel Michael the war Lord pushed down the beast from heaven . This helps to complete the tale put together for our embellishment.

The "handsome choirmaster tale" of satan as the most beautiful, best singer angel in heaven, thrown down to earth, has to stop. As enticing as it is, unless you can back it up with a verse from any of the 66 books of the bible, dont propagate it.

Bible Scholars; Over to you.

1 Like

Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 6:17pm On May 22, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
We don't banter with the word of God .. OK
Then prove me wrong with the word of God
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 22, 2020
sebali:
Today I just found out that Monogamy isnt Biblical as believed by Christains. There is no direct instruction from the bible directing all men to be monogamous.
This realization took me back to 2013, the year I discovered the old tale about satan being a dethroned, beautiful, Choitmaster in heaven is; if not Lie, unbiblical.
No where in the bible was this enticing tail documented. No bible verse supports the story of a beautiful angel who was the choirmaster of heaven, rebelling against God and then was defeated by Arch Angel Michael and thrown down to earth.
I say this with confidence because even the Jehovah's witnesses whom I consider erudites bible scholars, couldnt help me find any. Neither could the internet.
The closest to this fable (FABU according to warri) are four verses. But they are far from the truth. These verses comes close because the talk about Lucifer Falling From Heaven. They re Isaiah 14:12, Ezekial 28, Luke 10:18, and Revelation 12: 7-9.

Lots and loads of Lies in Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 22, 2020
I hate the whites. After stealing our resources and all, they left a religion that made us 200x much more stoopid than they met us. Islam is even worse. They permitted both religions for evil reasons.
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by sebali: 8:32pm On May 22, 2020
sbaks:
I hate the whites. After stealing our resources and all, they left a religion that made us 200x much more stoopid than they met us. Islam is even worse. They permitted both religions for evil reasons.

Africans take everything....Hook line and sinker
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On May 22, 2020
sebali:

But "Lucifer" was a result of faulty translation in the King James Bible translation. I blame a King who let his imagination run away with him after his first book, Demonologie. grin

Satan, however, is in the Bible, and is likely one of the Sons of God as documented in the book of Job.
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On May 22, 2020
sbaks:
Lots and loads of Lies in Christianity.
But the lies aren't biblical, hence not to be blamed on Christianity.
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 22, 2020
sebali:

Africans take everything....Hook line and sinker
Exactly!
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 10:05am On May 23, 2020
sbaks:
Do you also hate every convenience that has come from these other civilizations as well cause I don't see you hating using the internet to spread your hate.. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 12:32pm On May 23, 2020
sbaks:
You kuku be junkie. And what's the big deal about using the internet?? Haven't they stolen our oil to sustain their lives?? Don't they depend on Africa for quality food and raw materials needed to even make some gadgets reality?? For clothes?? Moisturizers?? Shea butter remember?? Their lives are dependent on Africa else they'll fall. They can prove otherwise by returning all they've stolen (and are still stealing) to see if they'll be a "quarter" comfortable as they are now. Mumu junkie
um.... So your "hate" for them only extends as far as words is concerned? And you think me the "mumu" here? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:

um.... So your "hate" for them only extends as far as words is concerned? And you think me the "mumu" here? undecided undecided undecided
You're not making any sense at all. The moniker says it all grin
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On May 23, 2020
sbaks:
You're not making any sense at all. The moniker says it all
I am not making any sense at all? This from someone whose expression of hate for his fellow men only goes as far as his written words...no substance at all? undecided undecided
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 23, 2020
Some people are really stupid! What's the big deal about internet? Internet ke? I'll choose food and quality moisturizers over yeye internet any day. Why do we even use the internet?? Is it not to get food, quality moisturizers and clothes (from Africa) at the end of the day?? Fool! Don't you know that without internet you can survive so long there's food but without food you cannot survive? Why do you think they meddle in our affairs (unlike other continents)?? Is it not because they cannot do without our resources and want to take control of it. They cannot do without Africa. Their destinies, souls, lives, food and wealth is dependent on Africa. They would worship the land of Africa if need be but nature wanted equality hence FOOLS ruled Africa. If only African leaders were tough, they would have been our beggars by now. They own NOTHING. No raw material whatsoever. (Even Malaysia though Asian got it's palm from Nigeria. They are not whites sha. Just emphasizing on how blessed we are). The so called organics they (the westerners) have are what I call "processed organics". Very poor nations with lots of hype thanks to theft. But alas, Nature is "somewhat" fair because they would have suffered if they were not having power over Africa. They really would have suffered. They "NEED" Africa in their destinies. Kobo kobojunkie you are still not making sense.
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am not making any sense at all? This from someone whose expression of hate for his fellow men only goes as far as his written words...no substance at all? undecided undecided
You're still not making sense grin
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On May 23, 2020
sbaks:
Some people are really stupid! What's the big deal about internet? Internet ke? I'll choose food and quality moisturizers over yeye internet any day. Why do we even use the internet?? Is it not to get food, quality moisturizers and clothes (from Africa) at the end of the day?? Fool! Don't you know that without internet you can survive so long there's food but without food you cannot survive? Why do you think they meddle in our affairs (unlike other continents)?? Is it not because they cannot do without our resources and want to take control of it. They cannot do without Africa. Their destiny, souls, lives, food and wealth is dependent on Africa. They would worship the land of Africa if need be but nature wanted equality hence FOOLS ruled Africa. If only an African leaders were tough, they would have been our beggars now. They own NOTHING. No raw materials whatsoever. (Even Malaysia though Asian got it's palm oil from Nigeria). The so called organics they have are what I call "processes organics". Very poor nations but alas, Nature is "somewhat" fair
More ramblings and hate speech, yet you continue to use and imbibe that which is of the one you claim to hate. Are you so blind, you cannot see what is eating at you for what it truly is? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On May 23, 2020
sbaks:
You're still not making sense
That comes as no shock considering you are yet to even see that which is in front of your eyes. grin grin grin
Re: Satan The Choirmaster? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:

More ramblings and hate speech, yet you continue to use and imbibe that which is of the one you claim to hate. Are you so blind, you cannot see what is eating at you for what it truly is? undecided undecided undecided undecided
You are still not making sense. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Bibles Or Any Other Holy Books Of Any Other Religions Do Not Equal Wisdom" / An Islamic Response To Pope Benedict Xvi / Rccg Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.