Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You (3291 Views)

CORONAVIRUS: Hear What This White Man Says About Nigerians Attitudes. / Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number / Stop Calling It 'gap Teeth' Or 'open Teeth, See The Real Name For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You by rasheylaw(m): 3:05pm On May 23, 2020
Many of us have heard this one or the other. Sometimes even with a familiar voice. But if we check the person's identity or location, we won't find anyone there.

There is a trend, or should I say the popular perception in Nigeria is that when it happens, the witches call you. Not at all, at least science doesn't say it. According to psychology, you will listen to your name if no one calls you.

Auditory memory is also known as echo memory, in simple words it is when the brain takes and stores oral information and remembers it later. So if you hear your name being called when there is no one around you, it's because your brain calls out the sound of someone calling you in your name and then remembers it at another time.

For example, our parents regularly call us by the name. So our brains pick their voice that calls us and then repeat it again. This is why sometimes our parents hear us calling us, even if they don't. I am guilty of this too and my father always lets me go. They also think that magic, lol.

In fact, if someone hears his / her name when no one calls, he is doomed to a common sense. There are disorders associated with a lack of hearing memory, so the next time you hear your name and you cannot call the person who is calling you, you will quickly have a good memory.

Re: Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 23, 2020
That are the ones calling

Re: Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You by xreal: 3:25pm On May 23, 2020
rasheylaw:
Many of us have heard this one or the other. Sometimes even with a familiar voice. But if we check the person's identity or location, we won't find anyone there.

There is a trend, or should I say the popular perception in Nigeria is that when it happens, the witches call you. Not at all, at least science doesn't say it. According to psychology, you will listen to your name if no one calls you.

Auditory memory is also known as echo memory, in simple words it is when the brain takes and stores oral information and remembers it later. So if you hear your name being called when there is no one around you, it's because your brain calls out the sound of someone calling you in your name and then remembers it at another time.

For example, our parents regularly call us by the name. So our brains pick their voice that calls us and then repeat it again. This is why sometimes our parents hear us calling us, even if they don't. I am guilty of this too and my father always lets me go. They also think that magic, lol.

In fact, if someone hears his / her name when no one calls, he is doomed to a common sense. There are disorders associated with a lack of hearing memory, so the next time you hear your name and you cannot call the person who is calling you, you will quickly have a good memory.

Even though I don't get the bolded.

As a typical African Man, I will never answer those callings. Science will always have stories to counter native beliefs.

Whenever you hear 'no one' calling, don't answer, na those guys above me calling.
Re: Why You Hear Your Name When No One Is Calling You by ozento: 4:28pm On May 23, 2020
village pipo are always caling.

(1) (Reply)

2-headed Baby Born In Ghana.(warning: Disturbing Picture) / 6 Highly Effective And Cheap Home Treatments For Boil ( Contains Graphic Photos) / Any Body With Info About Green World Range Of Health Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.