Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard (94778 Views)

Kogi Advises Residents To Shun Cow Meat After 20 Die Mysteriously / 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / Villagers In Sapele Caught A Manatee & Shared Its Meat After Killing It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Osaro4u2k(m): 4:41am On May 24, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Eating a snake with its skin is not healthy bro. Be careful next time. No matter how hard you wash it, you can't wash off all the bacterias it has crawled into all its life. The best way to eat a snake if you will eat it at all is to first skin it.
Thank you for your observation. No be today person begin consume snake and it's skin. na the skin be snake meat....
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by greygoblings(m): 4:43am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:
Today we the men of our local assembly had jobs to do in the church premises.

As a son of a bush meat trapper I saw this traces of a giant snake at the back of the church Auditorium. Immediately I knew the creature was not far & truly it was just deep down an old hole filled with dump's. Me and my Men president immediately bought kerosene and poured it into the pit. We set it ablaze.

After a while here comes the mighty meat under today's heavy rain. Attached here are the pictures and the current state of the Snake.

Tips for getting Snake meat daily: Look for an abadoned pit this period, you will always get them (Snakes) alive & fresh, thank me later...

I think it is better you skin the snake before preparing it. Not that anything is wrong with the skin but it's all about presentation.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Osaro4u2k(m): 4:45am On May 24, 2020
eplanning:

You should have just eaten your snake without calling God's name because he is against eating unclean animals.
The renounced animal I can call unclean is vulture & it might interest you to know that some of you might have even eaten vulture in one way or the other via this mallam that roast chicken along the road side or hawk it around. Snakes consumes live animals unlike vultures that depends on dead things...
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by HacheNoire: 4:47am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:

As a son of a bush meat trapper I saw this traces of a giant snake at the back of the church Auditorium. Immediately I knew the creature was not far & truly it was just deep down an old hole filled with dump's. Me and my Men president immediately bought kerosene and poured it into the pit. We set it ablaze.

After a while here comes the mighty meat under today's heavy rain. Attached here are the pictures and the current state of the Snake.

Tips for getting Snake meat daily: Look for an abadoned pit this period, you will always get them (Snakes) alive & fresh, thank me later...

The God you serve must be pathetic!

Of all things, Its a snake he gave you.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Osaro4u2k(m): 4:57am On May 24, 2020
HacheNoire:

The God you serve must be pathetic!

Of all things, Its a snake he gave you.
let me throw some light to disprove your assertions. Do you know how much people were offering to buy this great gift we killed today. Do you even know how sweet snake meat taste. Do you know how many multitudes gathered around to eat this African chicken. Do you know how many fufu was used to push it down the alimentary canal.. the questions are endless but me hold my peace here. The God I serve is not pathetic but a Great God... God's gift varies....

1 Like

Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by aladeokin1000(m): 4:59am On May 24, 2020
Men at work grin Own a duplex in abuja for a bargain 10m. Check my profile for more info
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by nams77: 5:02am On May 24, 2020
pocohantas:
Looks like a gaboon viper or it is a gaboon vipergrin. Let nobody come and call it baby-python.

You are right. That's actually s gaboon viper.

Shi*t soooo deadly.

A master of canouflage with intricate beautiful skin

Op you should be worried for the kids that something like this Is behind your church,

1 Like

Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by LtChisom: 5:38am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:

Sad and horrible tale.
A beautiful docile west african gaboon viper just gone like that cos of someone's irresponsible appetite. You may have killed the male cos this is their laying egg period though these ones birth young ones and die.

They are usually very tolerant snakes, even when handled, and rarely bite or hiss, unlike most vipers. However, bites by bad-tempered individuals do occur.[9]

Locomotion is mostly rectilinear, in a sluggish "walking" motion of the ventral scales. They may writhe from side to side when alarmed, but only for short distances.[3] Ditmars (1933) even described them as being capable of sidewinding.[13]

If threatened, they may hiss loudly as a warning, doing so in a deep and steady rhythm, slightly flattening the head at the expiration of each breath.[3][9][13] Despite this, they are unlikely to strike unless severely provoked;[3] however, they are one of the fastest-striking snakes in the world, so care should be taken in handling them.

There have been numerous descriptions of their generally unaggressive nature. Sweeney (1961) wrote they are so docile that they "can be handled as freely as any non-venomous species", although this is absolutely not recommended. In Lane (1963), Ionides explained he would capture specimens by first touching them lightly on the top of the head with a pair of tongs to test their reactions. Hissing and anger was rarely displayed, so the tongs were usually set aside and the snakes firmly grasped by the neck with one hand and the body supported with the other as he picked them up and carried them to a box for containment. He said the snakes hardly ever struggled.[3]
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by real86(m): 5:44am On May 24, 2020
That is a gaboon viper. A Very dangerous snake.
Osaro4u2k:

Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by LtChisom: 5:51am On May 24, 2020
real86:
That is a gaboon viper. A Very dangerous snake.
The snake is less dangerous than a human being.

They are usually very tolerant snakes, even when handled, and rarely bite or hiss, unlike most vipers. However, bites by bad-tempered individuals do occur.[9]

Locomotion is mostly rectilinear, in a sluggish "walking" motion of the ventral scales. They may writhe from side to side when alarmed, but only for short distances.[3] Ditmars (1933) even described them as being capable of sidewinding.[13]

If threatened, they may hiss loudly as a warning, doing so in a deep and steady rhythm, slightly flattening the head at the expiration of each breath.[3][9][13] Despite this, they are unlikely to strike unless severely provoked;[3] however, they are one of the fastest-striking snakes in the world, so care should be taken in handling them.

There have been numerous descriptions of their generally unaggressive nature. Sweeney (1961) wrote they are so docile that they "can be handled as freely as any non-venomous species", although this is absolutely not recommended. In Lane (1963), Ionides explained he would capture specimens by first touching them lightly on the top of the head with a pair of tongs to test their reactions. Hissing and anger was rarely displayed, so the tongs were usually set aside and the snakes firmly grasped by the neck with one hand and the body supported with the other as he picked them up and carried them to a box for containment. He said the snakes hardly ever struggled.[3]
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by LtChisom: 5:52am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:

let me throw some light to disprove your assertions. Do you know how much people were offering to buy this great gift we killed today. Do you even know how sweet snake meat taste. Do you know how many multitudes gathered around to eat this African chicken. Do you know how many fufu was used to push it down the alimentary canal.. the questions are endless but me hold my peace here. The God I serve is not pathetic but a Great God... God's gift varies....
You are using God to cover your irresponsibility period.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by slystyle203(m): 6:12am On May 24, 2020
Abomination!
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by alphaRego01(m): 6:16am On May 24, 2020
Niyeal:
You're eating serpent

Eating wisdom
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Horlaitan6089(f): 6:16am On May 24, 2020
Very soon we will run out of snake species with the rate people are killing and eating snakes ��‍♀️
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by tightpussy156: 6:27am On May 24, 2020
Very disgusting tin.all the better meat when they this world na snake you see eat.you be disgrace an a dirty tin.na only poverty an hunger go make person eat snake. Who quote me for saying truth should hug transformer
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by eplanning: 6:46am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:

The renounced animal I can call unclean is vulture & it might interest you to know that some of you might have even eaten vulture in one way or the other via this mallam that roast chicken along the road side or hawk it around. Snakes consumes live animals unlike vultures that depends on dead things...

grin
They are all unclean.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Etizz: 6:47am On May 24, 2020
XVIER:
I wonder how you guys eat venomous snakes. God4bid

Exactly, I wonder if its all type of snakes they eat
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by oyinda1599(f): 6:51am On May 24, 2020
GeneralPula:
The snake is one of the most gentle snake in the world. Doesn’t attack in daylight.

The first time I’ll ever see this snake, it was beside me for hours and i didn’t notice until stepped on it.

There’s one juju like that wey you fit use hin head do..

Yoruba do call it manumanu or so
What happened when you stepped on it?
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by AlphaStorm: 6:52am On May 24, 2020
God did not give u money, na snake He con give you.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by deleskizy: 6:59am On May 24, 2020
You are right. Venoms are in snake head (in a sack behind their eye balls). Reasons why the head is not consumed.

pocohantas:

Venomous snakes are safe to eat, all things being equal. Venoms are potent when injected, not ingested. That way it gets directly into the bloodstream to do its nature given work, not travel all the way through your mouth, down your throat- then gets thrown into a pot-belly.

When consumed, it will be broken down like every other amala and yam that comes into the stomach.

I am more concerned about how they eat it with its skin. Yuck!!!

Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by OdenKelechi(m): 7:28am On May 24, 2020
People dey chop o!! Look how irritating the meat looks like.. tufiakwa
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Nobody: 7:34am On May 24, 2020
That's a Viper , very venomous Lalasticlala, front page straight
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by pfadom: 7:50am On May 24, 2020
This is a sign of an acute poverty.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Casemiro(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:

hahahaha dem dey pay say story enter front page. abeegi thank God for saving the lives of the children in my local church from this subtle and dangerous animal. the very place where the Snake was killed is were the children normally go to pee & wee-wee.

You said it's a Gabon viper.

I was thinking it was a puff adder (Ajuala in Igbo).

Please can you school me on the difference between the two
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by ThinkFreely: 7:54am On May 24, 2020
That’s a gaboon viper, that snakes has the most painful bite of all venomous snakes.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by echodrum(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2020
Osaro4u2k:

Thank God you called them fools, how on Earth will a right thinking soul eat bat. try making findings about bat you will discover that bat harbours the largest amount of bacteria, viruses and even protozoa on their body. This is gaboon viper and it's meat has been confirmed to cure alot of internal illment.
forget those grammar bro..you are eating that snake as a result of poverty.
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Nobody: 7:57am On May 24, 2020
You people are not ashamed of yourselves! You're eating snake meat because goat meat and cow meat finished in the market. Some human beings cannot simply quench their gluttony. What makes you different from the Chinese people, who eat all kinds of creepy things?
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Zurich1844(f): 8:06am On May 24, 2020
Na hunger dey worry you and your church members so tey una come church dey hunt cursed animal. Tueeeeh
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Keketu(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2020
pocohantas:
Looks like a gaboon viper or it is a gaboon vipergrin. Let nobody come and call it baby-python.

hi hello please Pm me thanks kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by Keketu(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Hmm my mouth is watery
hi good evening please Pm me thanks shocked
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by GeneralPula: 8:13am On May 24, 2020
oyinda1599:
What happened when you stepped on it?

Nothing really. I stepped on it briefly and she didn’t move. She was under a small plant with big leafs. It was my nigga that finally saw it and the moment she noticed we sighted her, she roll back into a small hole.

It was a cassava farm and there was this old farmer that told us about the snake. The man said she’s usually very shy during the day. Said if we didn’t stepped on it, she may be at that spot all through the day. She’s a very gentle snake.

I use a cutlass to pick her up from the ground, then we gave the old man. She was just hiding it head under her body. True he said he’s gonna sell it that same day..
Re: God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard by oyinda1599(f): 8:20am On May 24, 2020
GeneralPula:

Nothing really. I stepped on it briefly and she didn’t move. She was under a small plant with big leafs. It was my nigga that finally saw it and the moment she noticed we sighted her, she roll back into a small hole.

It was a cassava farm and there was this old farmer that told us about the snake. The man said she’s usually very shy during the day. Said if we didn’t stepped on it, she may be at that spot all through the day. She’s a very gentle snake.

I use a cutlass to pick her up from the ground, then we gave the old man. She was just hiding it head under her body. True he said he’s gonna sell it that same day..
So Gabon viper is gentle but very venomous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Foods That Make Your Buttocks Bigger Naturally / N150 Tomato With Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (picture) / Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.