Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? (1327 Views)

What Do You Think Of This Map? Which Group Do You Identify With? / How Bori (animism) Thrived In Hausa Land During The Pre Islamic Years / 6 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Marriage Process In Hausa Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 7:39pm On May 23, 2020
This is what I saw on Britanicca, one of the world foremost encyclopedia.

https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x500/47/5047-050-B328A6B3/kingdoms-peoples-Africa.jpg

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 8:00pm On May 23, 2020
LegendHero
Sunshine5g
Metaphysical
Sammy007

That map depits deep things. I just don't want to believe it.
Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Seerade029: 8:04pm On May 23, 2020
You drew the green line yourself.

If not the map is doctored and fake, there was no time Oyo were under Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Seerade029: 8:07pm On May 23, 2020
And there was no time, bornu was under Fulani caliphate

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by DrGoodman: 8:08pm On May 23, 2020
Seerade029:

Seems it was drawn after Afonja lost Illorin, some of his warriors returned to Oyo and established themselves there. Alimi faithfuls also settled in Oyo empire.
Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Seerade029: 8:10pm On May 23, 2020
If the line is not doctored, then you drew the line yourself.

Your green line that you drew shows that Fulani caliphate captured almost Yoruba land.
Because the green line is closer to Benin.

Which is false, Benin is far away from ilorin. And far away from Fulani

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Benevento(m): 8:11pm On May 23, 2020
So IPOB are now manipulating map.

Wonders.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Seerade029: 8:12pm On May 23, 2020
DrGoodman:

Seems it was drawn after Afonja lost Illorin, some of his warriors returned to Oyo and established themselves there. Alimi faithfuls also settled in Oyo empire.

Ilorin was only an outpost of Oyo empire.

It's possible they settled in Oyo, but it doesn't mean they capture Oyo empire.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Sammy07: 8:41pm On May 23, 2020
OFFICIAL336:
LegendHero
Sunshine5g
Metaphysical
Sammy007

That map depits deep things. I just don't want to believe it.

Do you know why I believe the map is doctored??

1. Benin is far away from Fulani, how come it's closer in that map?

2. I could see the word Yoruba.
Meanwhile, Oyo people were the one called Yoruba then.
So how come I'm seeing Oyo and Yoruba in different places

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 8:13am On May 24, 2020
Seerade029:

https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x500/47/5047-050-B328A6B3/kingdoms-peoples-Africa.jpg

I am sure that you don't know what an encyclopedia is.

You guys are really ignorant of what is happening around you guys. Use Google and search for Hausa Bakwai States and you will be surprised to find out that in Hausas history which they teach their children in schools, yorubas are Hausa banzas (bastards).

This is not a hidden knowledge in Hausa land.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 8:14am On May 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Do you know why I believe the map is doctored??

1. Benin is far away from Fulani, how come it's closer in that map?

2. I could see the word Yoruba.
Meanwhile, Oyo people were the one called Yoruba then.
So how come I'm seeing Oyo and Yoruba in different places
Are you saying Britannica doctored the map?

Here is the link https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x500/47/5047-050-B328A6B3/kingdoms-peoples-Africa.jpg

According to Hausa history, Yorubas are their banza (bastards).

Google 7 Hausa Banza States.
Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 8:16am On May 24, 2020
Benevento:
So IPOB are now manipulating map.

Wonders.
According to Yoruba Moslems, Britanncca is an IPOB owned encyclopedia

here is the link to that map https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x500/47/5047-050-B328A6B3/kingdoms-peoples-Africa.jpg

FYI, according to Hausa history, yorubas are their banza.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 8:18am On May 24, 2020
Seerade029:
And there was no time, bornu was under Fulani caliphate
Check the map again, Bornu does not lie within the green line but outside. Apart was only within the red (Hausa Kingdom)

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Moneywomen17(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2020
OFFICIAL336:

Are you saying Britannica doctored the map?

Here is the link https://cdn.britannica.com/s:700x500/47/5047-050-B328A6B3/kingdoms-peoples-Africa.jpg

According to Hausa history, Yorubas are their banza (bastards).

Google 7 Hausa Banza States.
stop being a fool. Where in oyo does Hausa rule. A lot of people like to claim things that isn’t true that’s why it’s called a myth it’s not reality.
Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by OFFICIAL336: 9:03am On May 27, 2020
Moneywomen17:
stop being a fool. Where in oyo does Hausa rule. A lot of people like to claim things that isn’t true that’s why it’s called a myth it’s not reality.
Yorubas are bloody revisionist, so what they protray as reality are always false.

Oyo was part of Fulani kingdom. Take your frustration to Britannica
Re: Can Someone Explain This Map Of Ancient Hausa Land? by Rrchrd(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2020
ok

(1) (Reply)

African Tradition: Meet The Machina Emirate, Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / Should Igwes/obas Go To Jail In Nigeria?: Vote / FACT: Only Nigerians Can Have Full Conversations With Just QUESTIONS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.