Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos (55470 Views)

Customs Seizes Sex Enhancing Drugs, Indian Hemp Worth N126m / NDLEA Discovers Large Marijuana Farm In Kano / NDLEA Discovers Cannabis Sativa Farm In Oluyole In Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Nobody: 9:30am On May 24, 2020
cremeandchic:
What kind of illiterates are they breeding at NDLEA? What is Hashish oil? That's CBD oil for goodness sake and it is LEGAL EVERYWHERE.

Since we like to copy everything America does, why not copy them in legalizing this highly untapped multi-million dollar industry in Nigeria?

It is not legal in Nigeria.

Even in the West, it is not "legal everywhere". You can read this article on the legal status of CBD federally and at state level in the United States, for more info - https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/is-cannabis-oil-legal.html
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Abagworo(m): 9:31am On May 24, 2020
Maize247:
This is the type of business the ondo state governor was talking about. The guy is doing business and I think the government should support him

I don't believe he committed any serious offence beyond getting adequate approval by SON and NAFDAC. We need people like him to help develop positive cannabis industry in Nigeria.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Sundrus: 9:32am On May 24, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
But we sell same products in super market and import it. They are cleared as legal drugs in Nigeria.
tag me when ur country don decriminalize am.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by sleit: 9:34am On May 24, 2020
This news so pains me.

I never knew there was such a factory in Lagos, if I knew I would have found a way to buy in bulk sef. (I know it will be cheaper)

I have an aunt with breast cancer, and it is that cannabis oil that has been helping her with the intense pain. But it is too expensive to keep buying seeing as a bottle that is about the size of an ear drop is going for over 30 thousand naira. She is in pain currently as the oil has run out.

If I only knew where to buy Indian hemp, I will try the extraction myself.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by otokx(m): 9:38am On May 24, 2020
Was he paying appropriate taxes to the government?

A campaign can be started to change our laws with regards hemp oil, etc
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On May 24, 2020
That guy is engaged in productive activity and he's earning much needed forex that government cannot earn, yet they criminalise/stigmatise him because of religious sentiments. A religion that mostly only enables them to rape minors (disguised as underaged wives) and steal from the less privileged.

Nigeria is a totally useless country

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by dustydee: 9:46am On May 24, 2020
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ndlea-discovers-first-ever-indian-hemp-oil-lab-in-lagos.htm
This guy should be encouraged. CBD oil is gaining ground and the state and by extension the country can make a lot of money from it.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by dc23(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2020
Very unfortunate that he should be arrested instead of supported to grow bigger. The world is waking up to weed biproducts. Even Ghana this year passed a law to allow for licences cultivation and processing of marijuana. Maybe they can release him to Ghana government
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2020
Nancydrew25:
Stupid, uneducated government. When they said other drugs were found I was expecting to see cocaine and other hard drugs on the list. Countries are busy legalizing the herb to encourage better research and help people dealing with ailments like cancer, epilepsy, autism, arthritis, etc, yet here we are, in our glorious illiteracy arresting people for it. My only issue with anyone making hashoil steams from the high probability of getting burned in the process as butane can be very dangerous. In societies where this is legal regulations are put in place to reduce risks.

Simply legalize Marijuana and set people free abeg.

Butane explosions in cannabis refinement laboratories, are common occurrences in the EU and USA. Cannabis oil is produced because the THC active ingredient percentage attainable during the extraction process, is much higher than the THC content of even the most potent dried marijuana flowers. Cannabis oil therefore commands a MUCH higher market price per unit volume, than even the most highly compressed marijuana flower freshly dried.

The downside of seeking to refine cannabis using volatile and explosive chemicals like butane, if that the risk of explosion is EXTREMELY high, even under the most stringently controlled laboratory conditions. For this reason, embarking on ANY form of after-harvest "refinement" aimed at purifying cannabis to attain higher potency in THC percentage, is a venture for those who not only possess the technical background for the highly complex processes involved, but also happen to be blessed with a love for money that outweighs their fear of accidental death from gas inhalation or spontaneous explosion.

The gentleman whose lab was discovered in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods of Lagos Nigeria, holds a BSEE in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a reputable institution of higher learning. With his background marketing solar power inverter systems, he is certainly qualified to design and construct a highly sophisticated, off-grid cannabis cultivation and refinement facility, all under one roof, indoors, and totally invisible to the outside world. This same man, hired as a government consultant on this very subject, could earn the Federal Republic of Nigeria several hundred million US dollars of revenue literally overnight, if this highly lucrative crop is LEGALIZED as a matter of paramount urgency, in Nigeria, and then commercialized as a key component in Nigeria's post-Corona Virus economic recovery program.

From a purely humanitarian standpoint, it is vital that this arrested cannabis scientist and his mother be released on bail, so that they are not exposed to the Corona virus inside the Nigerian prison system. Their purported "crime" is non-violent, and the man's only error in judgement was choosing an illegal handgun for a home-defense weapon, when a well balanced and licensed tactical 12-gauge shotgun would have served that purpose much more decisively and swiftly, especially in low-light encounters.

From the standpoint of public health and human compassion, I hereby lend my voice to those pleading for immediate release on bail of this dynamic duo, with respect to this arrest for non-violent offenses, followed in short order by a national review on this issue of cannabis decriminalization, which MUST ultimately result in the full retroactive legalization of marijuana cultivation, consumption, sale and export, in Nigeria.

Let this ridiculous prohibition of cannabis end, in the interest of the multiple medical applications of this wondrous plant, and more importantly, in the interest of the vast fortunes that WILL be reaped by the Nigerian government at ALL levels, once marijuana is permitted for both personal and commercial cultivation.

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by grandstar(m): 10:00am On May 24, 2020
It is not half caste. It is biracial

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by OKTolu: 10:07am On May 24, 2020
This guy try oooo
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by bewla(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2020
decatalyst:
Is there anything that doesn't thrive in this country?

The good, the bad, the ugly and the nasty.

We have it plenty.

We really need re-orientation and paradigm shift.
I think the government need to open it's door to all kind of investment to move the economy from recession
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Xpol: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
No wah oh. Xpol is here again your no. 1 artist. Have a taste of this song http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Nukilia: 10:09am On May 24, 2020
cremeandchic:
What kind of illiterates are they breeding at NDLEA? What is Hashish oil? That's CBD oil for goodness sake and it is LEGAL EVERYWHERE.

Since we like to copy everything America does, why not copy them in legalizing this highly untapped multi-million dollar industry in Nigeria?

Things like this occur whenever you have uncivilized Almajiris running a government agency. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Vatod(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2020
decatalyst:
Is there anything that doesn't thrive in this country?

The good, the bad, the ugly and the nasty.

We have it plenty.

We really need re-orientation and paradigm shift.
you’ve saying it all Bro
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by aAK1(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2020
To think this is the only operation in Nigeria is a joke. I’ve been thinking of how to set this up legally for years but this government no just get sense
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Gee64: 10:22am On May 24, 2020
Buy through me.
Available in Nigeria.
Contact me on WhatsApp number(chat only): ZERO SEVEN ZERO EIGHT FOUR SEVEN NINE THREE ZERO SEVEN EIGHT.
Kwamecron:
Where can I get the oil pls
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by zoomzoom(m): 10:23am On May 24, 2020
[quote author=DrChukki post=89895275]If truly there's a legitimate demand of what he's producing in the international market, then why can't we harness the idea to our own advantage as a country ....?

Is THIS not what aketi of ONDO STATE was trying to do before THEY shut him down?.
We want to diversify our economy YET we REFUSE to see the GLARING OPPORTUNITIES bumping into us on the STREETS.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by dazzlingd(m): 10:28am On May 24, 2020
Is Cbd business not a booming international business
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Exmilitant(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2020
chrisxxx:
There are news NDLEA is not supposed to release to the public. This is one of them.
They will have more similar cases to confront with this detailed exposition.
Free the guy pls.
an eye opener!! Honestly, i just found a business to delve into.. I will monitor the guy and ensure he is free so we can team up- him with his knowledge, me with my muscle, and start this business.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2020
aAK1:
To think this is the only operation in Nigeria is a joke. I’ve been thinking of how to set this up legally for years but this government no just get sense

Experienced outdoor "guerrilla" cannabis growers plant small numbers of weed trees in many spots that are located far from each other, with the easy-going philosophy of allocating one plot for the "teefs", one plot for the police, one plot for the forest animals, and all that remains for I-and-I.

If the growers have understood the importance of spreading their assets to spread their risk profile, then it is likely that the INDOOR producers may also be in the process of learning from their past mistakes, and building smaller factories in multiple locations, so they don't lose all their production capacity, if any one site is raided by the law.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by cremeandchic: 10:31am On May 24, 2020
koonbey:

It is not legal in Nigeria.

Even in the West, it is not "legal everywhere". You can read this article on the legal status of CBD federally and at state level in the United States, for more info - https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/is-cannabis-oil-legal.html

CBD Oil is legal in 33 states in the United States. That's pretty much everywhere because even in states where it is not legal, it is not exactly illegal, you just need a doctor's prescription for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/.amp/lifestyle/health/is-cbd-oil-legal-14802001

I have personally seen CBD oil been sold in pharmacies in Nigeria, why didn't NDLEA do anything about it? Trying to make those people into some kind of criminals calling it 'Hashish Oil"
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Prof0fficial: 10:32am On May 24, 2020
we are still in business
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by cremeandchic: 10:41am On May 24, 2020
It is time to fucking legalize Cannabis in Nigeria.

We have the weather to grow this thing in large quantities for export.

We can't continue to cry that our country is broke when we are sitting on billions of dollars in economic potential.

Oyinbos that banned it are now backtracking because Cannabis is a highly beneficial drug. What is NIgeria waiting for?

Regulate that shit and give loan to farmers to start growing it in commercial quantity.

Y'all extremely annoying!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by iamkneeyi: 10:53am On May 24, 2020
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ndlea-discovers-first-ever-indian-hemp-oil-lab-in-lagos.htm
Nigerian government need to diversify the economy...cannabis business worth billions of dollars in the international market..
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Odoogu(m): 10:57am On May 24, 2020
considering all that was found in the lab as byproducts, how he must have gone by it and the motive also, but which wasn't adequately described... but the point we all missed is �

“to contain this daredevilry because Nigeria cannot afford a dangerous brew of Hashish Oil and that of methamphetamine which the Agency has been working assiduously to put an end to its local production".

so let's see how this pans out and hopefully the concerned bodies can make the best use of this discovery.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by ultimateprof: 11:02am On May 24, 2020
I think the government should help this guy. We need more of this kind of concept for development.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by universe26(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2020
See business o! chai 9ja blood dey hot o. guy get licence nd qwontinue with what ur doing, no mind villagers in power abeg
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Cvesta(m): 11:09am On May 24, 2020
nedekid:

Abi oh
Yes chief. What they sell is the oil and not ever n the cannabis itself.. Thime cannabis industry is a multi billion dollar one

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2020
cremeandchic:
It is time to fucking legalize Cannabis in Nigeria.

We have the weather to grow this thing in large quantities for export.

We can't continue to cry that our country is broke when we are sitting on billions of dollars in economic potential.

Oyinbos that banned it are now backtracking because Cannabis is a highly beneficial drug. What is NIgeria waiting for?

Regulate that shit and give loan to farmers to start growing it in commercial quantity.

Y'all extremely annoying!

Hopefully Nigeria will follow the lead taken by Ghana, Lesotho, Zambaia, Uganda, South Africa, and other African nations already profiting BIG TIME in hard currency from the cannabis industry, by ending the era of cannabis prohibition, and thereby opening the door to a massive new industry that will employ thousands of Nigerians at all salary levels, while generating billions of dollars of legitimate taxable revenue over the course of less than one decade from the day of enlightenment, when the laws banning access to cannabis, are consigned to the dustbin of history.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by bizzibodi(m): 11:30am On May 24, 2020
The government shld legalise it,I think it is high time a resource person lectures Ndlea & govt. officials on d importance of cannabis oil,d Fx we can gain as a country,we have vast expanse of land for this.
Re: NDLEA Discovers ‘First-Ever’ Indian Hemp Oil Lab In Lagos by Femeto: 11:32am On May 24, 2020
This guy no be science student na Professor of Science.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video: Robbery In Lekki Phase 1 Estate Lagos / Joel Amadi's Father Shot Dead By Fulani Herdsmen In Kaduna. / Tompolo & His Crew Locate Illegal Oil Refinery Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.