Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,107 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay (872 Views)

Beckham ‘to Earn More Than Messi’ This Season / Real Madrid President Said Manuel Neuer Is The Best Goalkeeper In The World. / Beckham To A.c Milan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by sunny4all(m): 6:01pm On Jun 10, 2007
Real Madrid president want David Beckham to stay! Is this Possible ?

Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by dinozzo(m): 10:10am On Jun 11, 2007
heard that too yesterday, HERE is the response from the La Galaxy general manager
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by RuuDie(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2007
If i was LA Galaxy, i'd take Becks 4 a season make some cheese of his butt & sell him back to Madrid for some mo' cheese !
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by 9ja4eva: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2007
LOL

Good deal
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by topeorekoy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2007
why did they sell him in the first place? they are just so indecisive. if i were to be david, i'll dictate the pace for them now. i'll tell them i must play in all the matches unless am injured and my wages be increased.
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by RuuDie(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2007
I think its just the way their whole set-up is organised; coach ain't really in full control of his team, so office of the sports director has some kinda' control over on the field matters !
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by topeorekoy(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2007
i think david shld just go to the mls for his cash rather that stay in madrid and warm the bench cos he wants to play for england. he aint getting younger again, just go for the cash
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by topeorekoy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2007
[size=8pt][size=8pt]Real Madrid have had a bid to buy David Beckham out of his LA Galaxy contract rejected by the MLS club. [b][/b][/size[/size]]Real approached the 32-year-old's advisors and LA Galaxy with their offer but were told "politely but firmly" that Beckham would not change his mind.

The Spanish giants were told Beckham's contract did not have a get-out clause, which they believe existed.

"Nothing has changed. We can't wait for Beckham to get here," LA Galaxy general manager Alexi Lalas told BBC Five Live.

Interview: LA Galaxy general manager Alexi Lalas

He added: "Real's hopes about keeping Beckham are benign. As far as that is concerned, that ship has sailed."

Earlier, the Real's president Ramon Calderon was reported by Marca newspaper as saying: "We need to sit down with Beckham, his representatives and with (Real sporting director Predrag) Mijatovic, look at this clause, and decide between us.

606: DEBATE
Should Beckham stay at Real?

"But for me I would be delighted if he remained at the club."

The Madrid side reacted sharply to Beckham's rejection of their contract offer in January.

Coach Fabio Capello said Beckham would never play for the first-team again.

Calderon was even more scathing, branding Beckham: "an average cinema actor living in Hollywood," comments which prompted Real's players to throw their backing behind the England midfielder.

There was a bit of anger by the premature announcement of his exit

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon

But Beckham's attitude impressed Capello enough to win back his first-team place.

The England midfielder has been inspirational as Real have put themselves in pole position to win the Spanish title.

The Real boss admitted that he and others at the club made errors in judgement regarding Beckham and that he would like the player to stay on at the Bernabeu.

"Beckham would be a very important player for Madrid, there's no doubt about that. If the club tells me that Beckham is staying, I would be very happy," Capello said in an interview with Spanish newspaper AS.

He added: "We have all made mistakes regarding Beckham's issue.

"On the sporting side we have made a decision and I am the one that has the maximum responsibility.

"The truth is that with Beckham is that we made a mistake.

The truth is that with Beckham is that we made a mistake.

Real coach Fabio Capello

"Beckham is a great player. Now he is playing at the same level as he did at Manchester United.

"He is a player that has recovered his physical and psychological condition because he was upset not to be playing with his national team.

"For every player, the national team is important and for English players, more so."

Beckham won back his place in the England team, for the games against Brazil and Estonia, after his international career appeared to have ended following England's exit from last year's World Cup.
Re: Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay by 9ja4eva: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2007
topeorekoy:

why did they sell him in the first place? they are just so indecisive. if i were to be david, i'll dictate the pace for them now. i'll tell them i must play in all the matches unless am injured and my wages be increased.

Oh dt wldnt be a bad clause

(1) (Reply)

Sam Allardyce Is New Blackburn Rovers Coach / Chelsea Victory Parade In Pictures / Rooney Is Coming To Chelsea, But The Condition Is One Top Player Must Be Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.