Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician (904 Views)

Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / Do Nigeria Banks Have The Right To Retain 10% From A Deceased’s Account? / How To Send And Receive Paypal Funds In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by habinccigroup: 3:44pm On May 24, 2020
Hello All...

Please I need your input in this.

I was having a discussion with my neighbor concerning sending business proposals.

Is it proper to send direct emails or make direct calls to a Governor concerning a project you want to propose for their state?

Is it against the law? Is it harassment? Or is it a proper thing to do? Nigeria is different type of country, that's why he's not sure...

What is the best way to go about it?

Please He needs your guidance. Thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by naijacutee(f): 6:36pm On May 24, 2020
To be honest, I would say shoot your shot but do it intelligently.

Think about it and put yourself in the politicians shoes. What sort of unsolicited messages are you likely to respond to?

Do you research first to find out what the politician will benefit from your idea. Does the idea align with his/her political ambitions?
Then start from the benefit to him/her in the context of his/her ambition (e.g Title: Let me help you achieve your X goals by Y)

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by hillsway(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2020
1) Where did you get his email address from?
2) We both know that load pile of email flood these politicians inbox.
3) Do you think these guys have got time to check through their inbox?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:43pm On May 24, 2020
make sure that you protect yourself from that man (or whoever opens his emails) using your idea and taking you out the deal....
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by grandstar(m): 2:05am On May 25, 2020
habinccigroup:
Hello All...

Please I need your input in this.

I was having a discussion with my neighbor concerning sending business proposals.

Is it proper to send direct emails or make direct calls to a Governor concerning a project you want to propose for their state?

Is it against the law? Is it harassment? Or is it a proper thing to do? Nigeria is different type of country, that's why he's not sure...

What is the best way to go about it?

Please He needs your guidance. Thank you.

I and ex partners once had a project we introduced to a politician. I was yabbing away, trying to sell him the project but he seemed uninterested. Then I got to the part of what was in it for him, and he became excited.

I hope you've gleaned something from what I've just written.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by habinccigroup: 10:53am On May 25, 2020
grandstar:

I and ex partners once had a project we introduced to a politician. I was yabbing away, trying to sell him the project but he seemed uninterested. Then I got to the part of what was in it for him, and he became excited.

I hope you've gleaned something from what I've just written.

grin

Thank you so much for this!
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by Alexander36: 11:29am On May 25, 2020
[Ad removed]
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by sexylassie2(f): 1:09pm On May 25, 2020
You are wasting your time.

The only proposal they like is proposal to bring girls to them.
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by habinccigroup: 5:46pm On May 25, 2020
sexylassie2:
You are wasting your time.

The only proposal they like is proposal to bring girls to them.

cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by habinccigroup: 5:57pm On May 25, 2020
naijacutee:
To be honest, I would say shoot your shot but do it intelligently.

Think about it and put yourself in the politicians shoes. What sort of unsolicited messages are you likely to respond to?

Do you research first to find out what the politician will benefit from your idea. Does the idea align with his/her political ambitions?
Then start from the benefit to him/her in the context of his/her ambition (e.g Title: Let me help you achieve your X goals by Y)

Wow... Thank you so much
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by habinccigroup: 5:57pm On May 25, 2020
hillsway:
1) Where did you get his email address from?
2) We both know that load pile of email flood these politicians inbox.
3) Do you think these guys have got time to check through their inbox?

Hmmm...
Re: Is It Right To Send A Business Proposal Mail To A Politician by habinccigroup: 5:58pm On May 25, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
make sure that you protect yourself from that man (or whoever opens his emails) using your idea and taking you out the deal....

Hmmm... Another angle to look at.... Thank you so much

(1) (Reply)

Promo Ending Soon: Get An E-commerce, Land & Property Website For N15,000 / Pictures: Oil Magnate Tonimas Buried In N34million Glass Casket In Anambra / War In Betking Facebook Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.