Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? (4126 Views)

Should I Open A Domiciliary Account? Why? / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? / Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 6:17pm On May 24, 2020
Hi,

Please, I wish to know which bank is best to open a SAVINGS domiciliary account and have rest of mind.

I don't make it big like most of you so I am interested in earning interest on the little dollars I have and avoid high bank fees.

I don't plan to do transactions on the account. All I want is to receive my dollars from my Payoneer account monthly, withdrew a little raw $$$ over the counter and let the rest accumulate interest.

Which bank will allow me do this?

Thanks in advance.
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Niyeal(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2020
Quim2:
Hi,

Please, I wish to know which bank is best to open a SAVINGS domiciliary account and have rest of mind.

I don't make it big like most of you so I am interested in earning interest on the little dollars I have and avoid high bank fees.

I don't plan to do transactions on the account. All I want is to receive my dollars from my Payoneer account monthly, withdrew a little raw $$$ over the counter and let the rest accumulate interest.

Thanks in advance.
Gtbank. Don't ask why

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by iCauseTrouble: 6:58pm On May 24, 2020
GTB

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Twoclans(f): 7:22pm On May 24, 2020
Guaranty Trust Bank.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Chuky7(m): 8:21pm On May 24, 2020
Quim2:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Guess Gtb it is...

Guy is this payooner just like PayPal?...

is the sign up simple?...

you receive dollars in it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 9:34am On May 25, 2020
Chuky7:

Guess Gtb it is...

Guy is this payooner just like PayPal?...

is the sign up simple?...

you receive dollars in it?

I don't have PayPal so I wouldn't know. But yeah, it's not difficult to create an account with Payoneer but they do monitor source of income closely.
Do you maintain a Dom account in Nigeria? if yes, Which bank?
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 9:44am On May 25, 2020
Twoclans:
Guaranty Trust Bank.

iCauseTrouble:
GTB

Good morning sirs, and thank you for your kind response.

I have goggled GTBank dorm account and noticed that this bank, seems to be more focused on efficiency of transactions, which I am not interested in. They don't even have the opinion of a SAVINGS dorm account.
I get the feeling that they will drain my money with useless deductions and at 445 naira per dollar, that's what I'm afraid of.

Isn't there another opinion?
I saw first bank offers a savings dorm account with zero cost for transactions as long as your money is over the $1000 balance.
The only things is that it's a Nigerian back 100% and K-leg dey always dey such naija things. Won't surprise me if they can't pay dollars over the counter.
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Chuky7(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2020
Quim2:

I don't have PayPal so I wouldn't know. But yeah, it's not difficult to create an account with Payoneer but they do monitor source of income closely.
Do you maintain a Dom account in Nigeria? if yes, Which bank?

okay I'll try it out...

no I don't ...not yet anyways...

what $ jobs you do?

Freelanccer gigs?...
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Twoclans(f): 10:13am On May 25, 2020
Quim2:

Good morning sirs, and thank you for your kind response.

I have goggled GTBank dorm account and noticed that this bank, seems to be more focused on efficiency of transactions, which I am not interested in. They don't even have the opinion of a SAVINGS dorm account.
I get the feeling that they will drain my money with useless deductions and at 445 naira per dollar, that's what I'm afraid of.

Isn't there another opinion?
I saw first bank offers a savings dorm account with zero cost for transactions as long as your money is over the $1000 balance.
The only things is that it's a Nigerian back 100% and K-leg dey always dey such naija things. Won't surprise me if they can't pay dollars over the counter.

Your choice of dollar account depends on what you want to do with it.

1, Do you just want to save dollars and withdraw later?
2,Do you want to receive dollar inflows only ?
3,Do you want to fund your domiciliary account and make transfers offshore?
4,Do you want to fund your account and travel abroad and make withdrawals offshore?

There are so many more things to do with a domiciliary account but this four are the most common.

If you want to do 3 and 4 honestly I will advice you stick with GT.They are good with offshore card transactions.
If you just want to save dollar and withdraw later you can go for a savings dollar account,FCMB and Union Bank has dollar savings accounts.I have dollar savings accounts with those two banks so I can only recommend what I have used.

You could further go into any preferred bank of your choice and make enquiry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 10:42am On May 25, 2020
Chuky7:

okay I'll try it out...

no I don't ...not yet anyways...

what $ jobs you do?

Freelanccer gigs?...

Yeah
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 10:50am On May 25, 2020
Twoclans:

Your choice of dollar account depends on what you want to do with it.

1, Do you just want to save dollars and withdraw later?
2,Do you want to receive dollar inflows only ?
3,Do you want to fund your domiciliary account and make transfers offshore?
4,Do you want to fund your account and travel abroad and make withdrawals offshore?

There are so many more things to do with a domiciliary account but this four are the most common.

If you want to do 3 and 4 honestly I will advice you stick with GT.They are good with offshore card transactions.
If you just want to save dollar and withdraw later you can go for a savings dollar account,FCMB and Union Bank has dollar savings accounts.I have dollar savings accounts with those two banks so I can only recommend what I have used.

You could further go into any preferred bank of your choice and make enquiry.

Yes, you are getting my pitch.
I want to do point 1 and 2.

1, I just want to save dollars and withdraw a little once in a while
2, I want to receive dollar inflow from my Payoneer account once in two months.

I will make enquirers as u suggest but GTBank is definitely not what I'm looking for.
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Bluehill1051: 11:37am On May 25, 2020
Uba

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by philsbaba: 12:40pm On May 25, 2020
just stay away from access bank cos they wont give you any interest on your money. I have over 1k dollars and no single interest is coming in. I miss diamond bank sha
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Ibechris2: 1:13pm On May 25, 2020
From what I have read about domiciliary accts and individual experiences... zenith bank tops the chat.

Zero account opening down to their domiciliary acct.

They have two different kinds of domiciliary accts,one is for savings while the other is for transactional purpose.

They,however top the chat from what I have read seconded by Gt bank.
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Chuky7(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2020
Quim2:
[/b]
Yeah
okay...
which website do you use?...
fiverr? upwork?
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by naijacutee(f): 8:53pm On May 25, 2020
Why are so many people recommending GTBank?
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by WorriorPlus: 8:59pm On May 25, 2020
I will recommend Guaranty Trust Bank

You Need Woodwork Software? CLICK HERE

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 7:56am On May 31, 2020
naijacutee:
Why are so many people recommending GTBank?

Fast and flexible transfers
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by haon: 8:43am On May 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 10:00am On May 31, 2020
haon:
I hope this is helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0Nivwq_iU

Is that your channel?
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by jashar(f): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
@OP, which bank did you go for eventually?

How has the savings experience been?

Thanks
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Ibenny(f): 1:47pm On May 20, 2021
Quim2:
Hi,

Hi, Please can you reply?
please which bank did you finally settled for?
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by cmoney22222: 8:19am On May 21, 2021
Gtb
Ibenny:

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Quim2: 9:09am On May 24, 2021
Ibenny:

Zenith bank

GTB is fine but them go kill you with deductions

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by SavageResponse(m): 10:28am On May 24, 2021
Quim2:

Zenith bank

GTB does not make deductions from dormiciliary accounts!
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Ibenny(f): 12:21pm On May 24, 2021
cmoney22222:
Gtb

Thanks. Don't know if they offer savings domiciliary account
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Ibenny(f): 12:22pm On May 24, 2021
Quim2:

Zenith bank

Okay. Will check them out. Thanks.
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by cmoney22222: 12:28pm On May 24, 2021
Ibenny:

Yes
Thanks. Don't know if they offer savings domiciliary account
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by Greatsol: 12:56pm On May 24, 2021
Sterling Bank
Re: What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? by FENZYCOUTURE2(f): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
[quote author=Quim2 post=89917502]Hi,

GTB

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Table Tennis League / Investment Done. / Someone Pls Clear My Head On This Forex Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.