Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? (2808 Views)

Why Infinix S5 Pro Is Trash / This Is The Infinix S5 — What Do You Think? + Camera Samples / Photos From Infinix S5 Launch In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by AmadorSays: 3:31pm On May 25, 2020
Sulaicsafas:
Bro check your network service, simple as that
yeah bad network too could make a page refresh whenever you revisit it
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by henrylowe(m): 4:04pm On May 25, 2020
TheBlessedHero:
Lol, even people wey no get phone go dey bad mouth...

@OP, while i can't say specifically what the problem is, i still have one infinix hot 2 pro, with 2gb ram, that the browser works normally and doesn't auto refresh, I can as well open more than 4 browsers (opera mini, ucweb, chrome, dolphin, puffin all at desktop mode sometimes) at a time, and there will still be no issue... just try and clear cache from browsers, you can clean your memory as well through file explorer (this will clear other caches and junks from your phone)... if you don't mind losing saved pages on your browser, you can as well clear the accumulated data...

or better still, sell your phone to me. cheesy cheesy
What if I factory reset the phone?
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by chudyprince: 5:42pm On May 25, 2020
Just uncheck "Don't keep activities" from the "Developer options" under general Android settings and thank me later
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by TheBlessedHero: 7:09pm On May 25, 2020
chudyprince:
Just uncheck "Don't keep activities" from the "Developer options" under general Android settings and thank me later

@OP, follow this advice
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by goodoo: 7:50pm On May 25, 2020
henrylowe:
So it has to do with RAM management?
even my samsung a50 doesn't refresh it can last more than 30mins with games and heavy apps on,next time buy beta phone.
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Niswayne19: 8:16pm On May 25, 2020
I feel you should take the phone to Carlcare service. I have friends that use infinix S5 and no complain like that. The problem could be because of something else and I know a solution can be found.
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Ennyholar: 10:29pm On May 25, 2020
henrylowe:
Hey guys! I don't know what's wrong with my new device

Each time I'm browsing and I decide to minimize and then return back a few seconds after, the page reloads again. Yeah I know it's normal for a browser page to reload but not less than 20 seconds than you minimized it and return back there

I noticed other apps on my phone do not do that nonsense even if I keep them open for hours, only browsers do that in a few seconds- Chrome, Brave and PHX. I even downloaded UC Mini Browser and it seemed to be different for a few hours until it joined the refresh gang

What manner of annoying web page refresh is this?

Note: Infinix S5 Pro is 6GB and it's super fast. I have only downloaded a few apps in it

What could be the problem guys?

Update your browser or try a different browser.
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Ennyholar: 10:31pm On May 25, 2020
Crownedjon:
For Nairalanders than try to enlighten others, you guys are the real MVP
Next time op would avoid Tecno/infinix and itel

It could be an error from his part but you're quick to condemn the brand.
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Crownedjon: 10:45pm On May 25, 2020
Ennyholar:

It could be an error from his part but you're quick to condemn the brand.
lol they are useless brands there is nothing to condemn and just saying things as they Re no coating

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by nightbuzzer: 10:49pm On May 25, 2020
AmadorSays:
it's not everything that has to do with transsion devices, that could easily be caused from a bug on the browser app.
true
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by nightbuzzer: 10:50pm On May 25, 2020
your network is very poor
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:23pm On May 25, 2020
Okay everyone. Op don buy am. He is a Nigerian, lets help if we can.
Op try monument Browser.
And may I know which page usually refreshes?
Because some url are programmed to refresh to keep certain activities live.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by iamdrduru: 11:32pm On May 25, 2020
Crownedjon:
Henryneo and his likes see the kind of misery you can put a fellow Nigerian into

I pity people that watch your videos,same goes to misstechy,fred,henry007
Bunch of jokers
Please Nairalander avoid these guys Tech videos
Thanks
Op sorry for your loss
Next time check Google,ask questions too
You have learnt your lesson the hard way

there is a difference between reviewing phone and criticizing a phone.
i don't know your issues with these guys but I've watched their videos and what they do is to simply review the phone. I mean they just tell you the features of the phone.

you don't expect them to inbox a phone and start criticizing everything about the phone. there's a difference between a review and criticizing.

above all, I know fisayo also review Redmi, Samsung and phones, you guys don't talk about that one, you only talk about the transition they review.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Edopesin: 11:41pm On May 25, 2020
SMH
let's hope this is not the beginning to the many more Transsion problems

Who am I kidding

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 7:18am On May 26, 2020
iamdrduru:

there is a difference between reviewing phone and criticizing a phone.
i don't know your issues with these guys but I've watched their videos and what they do is to simply review the phone. I mean they just tell you the features of the phone.

you don't expect them to inbox a phone and start criticizing everything about the phone. there's a difference between a review and criticizing.

above all, I know fisayo also review Redmi, Samsung and phones, you guys don't talk about that one, you only talk about the transition they review.
Lol.
The problem is that they lie and sugar-coat the features a lot grin

720p on a 7-inch screen is "gorgeous"?
Or the fact that Henry007 called Helio P22 a "flagship processor"?

There is a difference between reviewing and deceitful marketing.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Crownedjon: 7:28am On May 26, 2020
DriggityDre:
Lol.
The problem is that they lie and sugar-coat the features a lot grin

720p on a 7-inch screen is "awesome"?
Or the fact that Henry007 called Helio P22 a "flagship processor"?

thank you, they sugar coat everything

2 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 7:36am On May 26, 2020
Crownedjon:
thank you, they sugar coat everything
Reviewers are supposed to be unbiased, stating both the pros and cons of the reviewed product.

You can never see guys like MKBHD or Dave2D say stuff like that.

These guys are just plain marketers.

Edoairways, are you on their payroll?

6 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Mistermamus(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2020
keep refreshing oh nothing we can do after all u still go buy shitfinix

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by tafat: 8:27am On May 26, 2020
What browser do you use? Try using a different browser and also check your network, many times a network that's not steady can cause automatic refresh of browsing pages
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by Crownedjon: 8:40am On May 26, 2020
ItrendNaija:

Processor has nothing to do with keeping tasks in memory
very ignorant thing to say...

4 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by edoairways: 9:07am On May 26, 2020
DriggityDre:
Reviewers are supposed to be unbiased, stating both the pros and cons of the reviewed product.

You can never see guys like MKBHD or Dave2D say stuff like that.

These guys are just plain marketers.

Edoairways, are you on their payroll?
Am not on their payroll however I critic those who mostly paint any brand bad.
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by KrazyDave16(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2020
You did not just say this... Chaii
ItrendNaija:

Processor has nothing to do with keeping tasks in memory

Crownedjon:
very ignorant thing to say...
Swears

4 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 9:37am On May 26, 2020
edoairways:

Am not on their payroll however I critic those who mostly paint any brand bad.

It is because of the recent spike in complaints, that Tecno is releasing the Camon 16 Pro with a Helio P60 chipset. They have been using the outdated chipsets for more than 3 years.

Same chipset Henry007 called a "flagship processor".

Very biased statement, coming from a supposed reviewer marketer.

They aren't doing great and they should know it. Every brand deserves criticism. Maximum consumer satisfaction is every brand's top priority.

If you are allowed to run an organisation, you seem like the type that would go to any length to protect the name of the brand, even if it's illegal. You wouldn't even try to fix your wrongs.

You don't want your brand tarnished, fine. Do the right thing.
As you can see, people here hardly criticize quality mobile brands (Xiaomi, Redmi, Samsung), excluding the biased transission marketers.

This is because they are really satisfying their consumers. Listening to the people. Here, in Africa, Transission gives us mediocre products for any price they feel like.

They can never do such in countries like India or Japan, where a lot of the citizens are tech-savvy.

Not how ethical businesses work. This is a clear case of bad business on Transission's side.
Using the people's unawareness to their advantage.

It is their right to complain, and it is Transission's duty to pay heed and work on themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by KrazyDave16(m): 9:52am On May 26, 2020
DriggityDre:

It is because of the recent spike in complaints, that Tecno is releasing the Camon 16 Pro with a Helio P60 chipset. They have been using the outdated chipsets for more than 3 years.

They aren't doing great and they should know it. Every brand deserves criticism. Maximum consumer satisfaction is every brand's top priority.

If you are allowed to run an organisation, you seem like the type that would go to any length to protect the name of the brand, even if it's illegal. You wouldn't even try to fix your wrongs.

As you can see, people here hardly criticize quality mobile brands (Xiaomi, Redmi, Samsung), excluding the biased transission marketers.

This is because they are really satisfying their consumers. Listening to the people. Here, in Africa, Transission gives us mediocre products for any price they feel like.

They can never do such in countries like India or Japan, where a lot of the citizens are tech-savvy.

Not how ethical businesses work. This is a clear case of bad business on Transission's side.

It is their right to complain, and it is Transission's duty to pay heed and work on themselves.

Word!

But as usual some people won't read this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 9:55am On May 26, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Word!

But as usual some people won't read this.
Lol, I will quote it anywhere I want to use it.
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by rationalhuman(m): 10:09am On May 26, 2020
In India Customer is King, that always have too many good option to ditch any Product, any Brand at any given time. Be it in Automobiles, Motorbikes, Phones, Computers or in any sector. Also Public is aware about technology and their consumer rights, so Every company takes customer satisfaction very seriously.
But here Customer is like Trash that can be tossed into garbage bin. Companies know they can sell trash in this continent due to limited options.

That is why i managed to bring a Redmi Note 8 Pro before that India Lockdown, My friend was returning from India due to closure of his University, That too in awesome prices, he also bough one good Laptop for his sister.
For past 5 years i am using Made in India phones(I was suing Note 5 Pro). Very happy with my decision. can not buy expensive trash from local markets.

DriggityDre:

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 10:16am On May 26, 2020
rationalhuman:
In India Customer is King, that always have too many good option to ditch any Product, any Brand at any given time. Be it in Automobiles, Motorbikes, Phones, Computers or in any sector. Also Public is aware about technology and their consumer rights.
But here Customer is like Trash that can be tossed into garbage bin. Companies know they can sell trash in this continent due to limited options.

That is why i managed to bring a Redmi Note 8 Pro before that India Lockdown, My friend was returning from India due to closure of his University, That too in awesome prices, he also bough one good Laptop for his sister.
For past 5 years i am using Made in India phones(I was suing Note 5 Pro). Very happy with my decision. can not buy expensive trash from local markets.

Exactly. You've said it all.
They direct all their garbage here and still sell it over-priced.

Here, the customers aren't respected/acknowledged because of limited options and mass unawareness.
Very unethical.

cc Edoairways, I hope you can see this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 10:24am On May 26, 2020
rationalhuman:
Good to know.
Wow @bold. Did the case pull through?
Also, if I may ask, are you an Indian, or do you just reside there?
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by rationalhuman(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2020
Bold was by mistake,
Kenyan
Situation is same in kenya, no difference
DriggityDre:
Good to know.
Wow @bold. Did the case pull through?
Also, if I may ask, are you an Indian, or do you just reside there?
Re: Why Does My Infinix S5 Pro Keep Refreshing Broswer Page Incessantly? by DriggityDre: 10:31am On May 26, 2020
rationalhuman:
Bold was by mistake,
Kenyan
Situation is same in kenya, no difference.
Ah, yes. Transission always representing everywhere.

*facepalm*

cc Edoairways, you can see it's not only a Nigerian issue. It spans across Africa and other countries outside it.

Rationalhuman, nice to meet you, bruh.
I'm Nigerian btw.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Kenya, Airtel Offers 30gb For N1,750.95 / Man In Pain After Receiving Fake Iphone 12 From Us-based Uncle / Sony Unveils The Xperia Z Ultra: 6.4-inch 1080p Screen, Snapdragon 800,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.