Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like (71228 Views)

Nigerians Abroad. Share Your Experience With Racism And Discrimination / Meet The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Who Excites Pilots In Their Cockpits. Photos / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Joshforeal: 5:41pm On May 25, 2020
sweettease:
See her grinning from ear to ear like me grin
Your 32 be sweeting my belle like tickles
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Kris25: 5:49pm On May 25, 2020
DaddyGngeess:

I dey Nigeria 24/7, I am in Nigeria since 2014 self

Why you come back na
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2020
Kris25:

Why you come back na

My brother I tired for Europe, I don they travelled since 1997, no be Russia I take start.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by missCAPS: 6:04pm On May 25, 2020
This is the first positive testimony I'm coming across about Russia from a black person.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Godsfavour78: 6:10pm On May 25, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
Russians are hybrids of Nigerians

They just happen to be white.

Those dudes are fvcking sharp and corrupt on all levels.
I swear
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by planetx: 6:13pm On May 25, 2020
Russians are terrible racists, maybe because she is a female she might be more tolerated and St Petersburg is more cosmopolitan. Africans should stop deceiving themselves and stop always begging white people not to be racist.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Jamestown123: 6:37pm On May 25, 2020
afrorossiyatv:
In the video she talks about life in Russia for blacks, why she choose Russia and a glimpse of how Russian student dormitory and student life looks like.

According to Florence, the only challenge she faces in Russia as a black girl is the language barrier. People are nice and friendly and she feels safe everywhere she goes in Russia. She also talked about how the uniqueness of most times being the only black girl around has many perks instead of disadvantages. She went on to take us around her dormitory and show us how a Russian student dormitory looks like.
I won't lie, Russian loves black no doubt. My Russian girl be like she won eat me up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Mrlucky81(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2020
babakb:
No be gun they for her back so...
Russia too like wahala.
Lol
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by JastSiryin(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2020
NigeriaB:
Nigeria is a beautiful country with a beautiful God, plus;

Beautiful and gorgeous women

Beautiful opportunities if only you can see beyond where you are rite now.

So, provided I have money ,I stay in Nigeria my country and enjoy all its splendor.
"provided i have money"... And there lies a major problem with this country. What happens if you don't have money? What's happens if you're only able to get by? I'll leave that to your imagination. A country where even middle income families are barely able to keep their heads above water, and still very often face the brunt of our harsh economy is more horrendous than beautiful.

It's a hard knock life for the poor anywhere in the world. But in truth, one could only imagine how it must be for those in 3rd world countries.

We as citizens seem to have concocted our own verison of the "American dream". Whereby ideally, we somehow manage to hit it big and are able to live our lives in relative comfort.

On one hand this belief may foster personal growth and industry, but on the flipside, we turn a blind eye to our collective power as citizens, and with little to no feeling of our social responsibility.

I can't really say if the latter is a symptom of our individualistic pursuits, or that for convenience sake, we simply choose instead, to take a gamble at life. Albeit a gamble fraught with odds that rarely favor the underdog. It's no suprise our high poverty rate. A result not for a lack of effort, but an effect of a very flawed and fantastically corrupt system.

It just irks me that most people have more or less given up on the idea that anything could be done as a people to change the way our country is being governed. If we employed the same zest and optimism to our collective interests as we do our personal, we would've been in a much better place. But alas, it's just not the case.

Getting rich in this country is becoming more of an illusion nowadays, but most people wouldn't want to admit this.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Slimranky(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2020
Hmm well issokay

But after reading her story and you basically feel that surviving in Russian is Easy and you suddenly start thinking about migrating to Russia, you need to have a rethink because
You're totally wrong
There's a level of poverty rate growing within Russia that is making lots of couples not want to give birth because there's no much cash flow to survive and they are too advanced and not like Africans that gives birth to a lot of kids amidst the poverty level eating them up
But if you still doubting
You're not a real gee
And The screenshots below between me and a married woman in Russia is basically for you

life's not easy anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by praiseneo(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2020
I'm still looking for 350k to complete my money to move to Europe.
Family no wan help lol but if person die dem go lavish for burial lolz I laff at them cos I know my God go shock dem.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by planetx: 7:23pm On May 25, 2020
praiseneo:
I'm still looking for 350k to complete my money to move to Europe.
Family no wan help lol but if person die dem go lavish for burial lolz I laff at them cos I know my God go shock dem.
You are wasting your time and money migrating to Europe in 2020 possibly to live there illegally, but you and people like you that think Europe is some kind of paradise will learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by mtngloetiartel: 7:36pm On May 25, 2020
babakb:

Russia too like wahala.
I tell you.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Eaglesence: 7:57pm On May 25, 2020
babakb:

Russia too like wahala.

Ol boy, na gun oooo
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by NigeriaB(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2020
JastSiryin:
"provided i have money"... And there lies a major problem with this country. What happens if you don't have money? What's happens if you're only able to get by? I'll leave that to your imagination. A country where even middle income families are barely able to keep their heads above water, and still very often face the brunt of our harsh economy is more horrendous than beautiful.

It's a hard knock life for the poor anywhere in the world. But in truth, one could only imagine how it must be for those in 3rd world countries.

We as citizens seem to have concocted our own verison of the "American dream". Whereby ideally, we somehow manage to hit it big and are able to live our lives in relative comfort.

On one hand this belief may foster personal growth and industry, but on the flipside, we turn a blind eye to our collective power as citizens, and with little to no feeling of our social responsibility.

I can't really say if the latter is a symptom of our individualistic pursuits, or that for convenience sake, we simply choose instead, to take a gamble at life. Albeit a gamble fraught with odds that rarely favor the underdog. It's no suprise our high poverty rate. A result not for a lack of effort, but an effect of a very flawed and fantastically corrupt system.

It just irks me that most people have more or less given up on the idea that anything could be done as a people to change the way our country is being governed. If we employed the same zest and optimism to our collective interests as we do our personal, we would've been in a much better place. But alas, it's just not the case.

Getting rich in this country is becoming more of an illusion nowadays, but most people wouldn't want to admit this.

I get your point perfectly bro.

But even in the face of all these, we choose not to give up. Provided there's a dream, provided there is a set goal, provided there's a cherished desire and provided there is life, I always admonish that we remain resolute, resilient and committed to and refusing to cast aspersions on the integrity of life, we shall have that life we so treasure upon a day.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Jyde89: 8:12pm On May 25, 2020
NigeriaB:

Yes o my broda

I'm a limping patriot. Things are tough my brother. To chop sef na God not to talk of to see money runs stuffs. Really contemplating taking my chances elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by davida222(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2020
MozB:
She is pretty tho
make Una dey talk truth sometimes na which pretty.. Oga pak well
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by davida222(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2020
bisoye11:
She is beautiful.
make Una dey talk truth sometimes na haba
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by praiseneo(m): 8:24pm On May 25, 2020
planetx:
You are wasting your time and money migrating to Europe in 2020 possibly to live there illegally, but you and people like you that think Europe is some kind of paradise will learn the hard way.
no I no de live there illegally I de go with complete documents plus na work I wan go work with my Pali. Plus I get enough fam there... Thank sir
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 25, 2020
guy222:
No she is your female neighbor neighbor's that live in your male neighbor's female house, Abeg jhor i am not even making sense, WEED is BAD
Lol true tongue
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 25, 2020
beloved961:

Village people

Monitoring spirit
Lol It's none of your business neighbor
Mind your business neighbor grin
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by NigeriaB(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2020
Jyde89:

I'm a limping patriot. Things are tough my brother. To chop sef na God not to talk of to see money runs stuffs. Really contemplating taking my chances elsewhere.

I understand broda. But how are you so sure that elsewhere will be better than where you are now?

You may be hearing sweet testimonies from people who have gone over there but you must bear in mind that you don't know the same people they know.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Datkindpesin: 9:45pm On May 25, 2020
babakb:
Russia too like wahala.
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by josh1998(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2020
Aleast some places are nice in Russia, I hope she come's back to naija grin grin cool
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by MozB: 10:41pm On May 25, 2020
davida222:
make Una dey talk truth sometimes na which pretty.. Oga pak well

i no ask you anything o! U go just commotion from nowhere de reason shit. Smh
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by davida222(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2020
MozB:

i no as you anything o! U go just commotion from nowhere de reason shit. Smh
female Asslickers.. Smh
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Kinematics: 10:58pm On May 25, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
I lived in Russia also from 2007 to 2011, I like Russia, Moscow precisely sweet city. Moscow never sleeps.

Privetic. Jill v rassy 7 let. Kak tvai dela?
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Legendguru: 11:29pm On May 25, 2020
oh
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by olawale1516(m): 11:36pm On May 25, 2020
Make God pick my call make me self get scholarship for my master foreign country sweet
Re: Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like by Beolly(m): 12:04am On May 26, 2020
sweettease:
See her grinning from ear to ear like me grin
With what I saw on your profile your mailbox go full today. I don send my own too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: 7 Countries Nigerians Can Vacation Without Visas / Man Accused Of Being A Yahoo Boy Mobbed In Ondo After He Crushed 4 To Death / Trailer Loaded With Goats & 30 People From Bauchi, Intercepted In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.