Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help My New Baby Has Jaundice (1507 Views)

Lifeless Body Of A New Baby Found Abandoned In Edo State ( Graphic Photos) / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? / Remove Camphor From Your Newborns, It Causes Jaundice – Aproko Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by hurryup123(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2020
I just put to bed few days ago through cs and the doctor came in this morning to check on us and adviced that we start putting out the baby under early morning sun from tomorrow and that while doing that the baby should be blind folded with a black clothe.
now i want to know the effects and other remedies for jaundice in new born babies. Ur contributions will be well apreaciated.
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by Marpol: 10:37am On May 25, 2020
hurryup123:
I just put to bed few days ago through cs and the doctor came in this morning to check on us and adviced that we start putting out the baby under early morning sun from tomorrow and that while doing that the baby should be blind folded with a black clothe.
now i want to know the effects and other remedies for jaundice in new born babies. Ur contributions will be well apreaciated.

Better take him back to the hospital where you gave birth. The doctors know what to do.

1 Like

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by iHart(m): 10:37am On May 25, 2020
hurryup123:
Ask your mother or your mother in-law

1 Like

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by dawnomike(m): 10:40am On May 25, 2020
If the jaundice is mild, then the sunlight will help... But if it is not a mild one; permit me to say the doctor is bit serious. Kindly go back to the hospital it is a serious one.

1 Like

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by Lorazepam(f): 10:55am On May 25, 2020
hurryup123:
Many times you cant just determine if the jaundice is serious or not just by looking at the baby, that's subjective and not an objective assessment especially to the untrained eye.

I will advise you take the baby to the hospital and let them measure bilirubin levels to determine the extent of the jaundice. Better safe than sorry. At least if its not that high, you will be sent back home , if its high, they will treat the baby appropriately.

In the mean time, avoid using things for your baby: like methylated spirit , menthol containing substances, camphor etc.

Jaundice in a new born if severe, can lead to may problems both in the short and long run, Google it for more info.

2 Likes

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by Ubongdemaga: 10:58am On May 25, 2020
This is an old method. Better take ur son to hospital for proper treatment . In d hospital they will place him in a phototherapy light which is properly regulated unlike the amount of sunlight touching ur son is not regulated and can cause damage 2 his skin. Juandice if not treated on time can cause brain damage. Also the hospital will b doing regular test to knw exactly wat they r treated

1 Like

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by hurryup123(m): 11:03am On May 25, 2020
Marpol:

Better take him back to the hospital where you gave birth. The doctors know what to do.
we r still at the hospital, and it was d doctor that adviced putting him under the sun
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by hurryup123(m): 11:04am On May 25, 2020
iHart:
Ask your mother or your mother in-law

ok

1 Like

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by hurryup123(m): 11:08am On May 25, 2020
Lorazepam:

Many times you cant just determine if the jaundice is serious or not just by looking at the baby, that's subjective and not an objective assessment especially to the untrained eye.

I will advise you take the baby to the hospital and let them measure bilirubin levels to determine the extent of the jaundice. Better safe than sorry. At least if its not that high, you will be sent back home , if its high, they will treat the baby appropriately.

In the mean time, avoid using things for your baby: like methylated spirit , menthol containing substances, camphor etc.

Jaundice in a new born if severe, can lead to may problems both in the short and long run, Google it for more info.

tanks

1 Like

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by Marpol: 1:05pm On May 25, 2020
hurryup123:
we r still at the hospital, and it was d doctor that adviced putting him under the sun

Maybe the case is not severe. There are medications for jaundice.
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by SmileDance(f): 1:21pm On May 25, 2020
Better take your baby to a better hospital, maybe a general hospital or a teaching hospital, we can't afford to take chances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by grafixdon: 11:35pm On May 11, 2021
90% sure that baby has SS or SC genotype
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by imagrg(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2021
Put it under the early morning sun. Do that often.
I did that to my baby some years back, even at the hospital and the thing cleared off pronto.
Also give the baby Glucose with vitamin D.
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:50pm On May 12, 2021
hurryup123:
take that child to a children's hospital let them put that child under phototherapy.

If the jaundice gets so high and crosses into the brain. It causes the irreparable damage. In some cases, the child dies, in worse of cases, the child has cerebral palsy or becomes an slowpoke(!mbecile).

I have said my own
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:50pm On May 12, 2021
Marpol:

Maybe the case is not severe. There are medications for jaundice.
like what?!
Re: Help My New Baby Has Jaundice by oxypressPlus: 10:39pm On May 12, 2021
When the "did is done" and the brain is damaged and there is no other place to go hyperbaric oxygen can repair the damage and heal the brain.
Dont give up.

We are HBOT PROVIDERS.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Manchester United Star Marcus Rashford Involved In Car Accident / Spiritual Help To All Problem / B.R.E.A.S.T Feeding A Child About A Year And Six Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.