Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell (54511 Views)

Greenwood Will Not Play For Man United This Season – Investigation / Ighalo Set For Super Eagles’ Return / Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by obembet(f): 1:49pm On May 25, 2020
Odion Ighalo looks set to leave Manchester United at the end of his loan spell this week, with parent club Shanghai Shenhua keen to have the striker back ahead of the start of the Chinese Super League season.

Ighalo has been a hit at Old Trafford since signing a loan deal on the final day of the January transfer window, scoring four times for his boyhood club.

But his loan spell looks set to end after eight appearances, with his initial deal only penned until May 31. United's season will now extend well beyond that as a result of the coronavirus pandemic that has caused a suspension to the campaign, with United not playing since their 5-0 demolition of LASK Linz on March 12.

United still have nine Premier League games to play and remain in the Europa League and the FA Cup. They are keen to keep Ighalo until the end of this season and have held discussions with Shanghai Shenhua about extending the loan deal.

However, the Chinese authorities are now hopeful of beginning the Chinese Super League season in late June or early July, and as a result his club are keen to have the 30-year-old striker back in the fold.

The initial loan came at a time when the CSL season was yet to begin and China was the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the country is now reporting far fewer cases and there is confidence the 2020 campaign could get underway within the next six weeks.

Ighalo has been keen to remain at Old Trafford. He has made no secret of his love for the club and has relished every minute of his unexpected move to United.

Ighalo was signed on deadline day as United's frantic search for a striker in the wake of Marcus Rashford's back injury came to an end. The Nigerian's impact at the club he supported as a boy has far exceeded expectations, with goals in all of his starts for the club, but with Rashford now fit and available again United are relaxed about the prospect of losing Ighalo at the end of this week..

Source: https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/transfers/2019-2020/man-utd-transfer-news-odion-ighalo-set-to-leave-manchester-united-this-week_sto7757928/story-amp.shtml

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by kiddkash(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2020
would be sad to see him go
maybe its for the best. who knows

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Fiisty(f): 2:27pm On May 25, 2020
Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Jokerman(m): 3:02pm On May 25, 2020
I would be a member of his village people of I asked him to refuse his new contract at Shanghai Shenshua just to play for man utd were he collected a pay cut of 66%...

Look at his new contract at China

€400,000/ week
1€= 430 naira

Hence Odion will be earning €400000*430=

N172,000,000 pee week... grin

Even if you be witch sef, you no go gree make him no go back China cheesy

422 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by ShitStain(m): 3:38pm On May 25, 2020
Atleast he has fulfilled he's dream of playing for United.Time to pursue the mulla!!!

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Sacchi1162(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2020
He has fulfilled his dream of playing for Manchester United and he did quite well in that period. If he rejects the money that Shanghai are offering, then he's not a Nigerian I swear.. That money is much. 190M a week at least grin

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by temptnow: 6:07pm On May 25, 2020
We don't want to see any Man U fan complain for here.

Una no get money

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by bloomstar: 6:07pm On May 25, 2020
Sad, he didn't even get to show the epl what he gat though. But he already made us proud. We are proud of you man

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Koyakuye19: 6:07pm On May 25, 2020
But why? He's shining na
Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by recievesense: 6:08pm On May 25, 2020
Jokerman:
I would be a member of his village people of I asked him to refuse his new contract at Shanghai Shenshua just to play for man utd were he collected a pay cut of 66%...

€400,000/ week
1€= 430 naira

I tire oh

10 Likes

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Investmentfreak: 6:08pm On May 25, 2020

Indaboski should return to pahose please

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Racoon(m): 6:08pm On May 25, 2020
Ighalo please listen to you conscience bro.The future is bright.
Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
Dream fulfilled

Time to secure the remaining bag
Age is not on your side

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Mariangeles(f): 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
So soon?
We didn't even get to enjoy seeing him play more.
Ighalo was made to play for ManUtd.

7 Likes

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by andrewtosin(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
Man U isn't trying seriously cry cry

Plz where is Ibkayee? Something is sinister cry cry

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Exc2000: 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
Make Chinese people free this guy na... Man U sef soppose up their deal and sign him fully

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by sylve11: 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
Sad to him see leave sha. But at least he's fulfilled his dream for playing for his long loved club. GGMU. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Dandydon34: 6:09pm On May 25, 2020
Booked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by CapitalHYC(m): 6:10pm On May 25, 2020
Hmm ... I have nothing to say, let him choose what's best for him

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by gcey2k(m): 6:10pm On May 25, 2020
Odion, you have really done well during this short time. I wish the season was not truncated by COVID-19 so you could play and score more for us.

I wish you well however this pans out.

Glory Glory Man United!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by GboyegaD(m): 6:10pm On May 25, 2020
Goodluck in his new club side.
Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Daremize(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Well I'm proud of him, cos his appearance has really helped Man U ds season

7 Likes

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by DropsMic(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Money must be made

4 Likes

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Mannnn(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Okay
Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by Karlifate: 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
Jokerman:

€400,000/ week
1€= 430 naira

Na so Carlos Tevez dey collect about 800K Dollars per week too. Those chinko clubs dey pay o BUT e be lyk say pesin star no dey too shine for there. grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by sammysmiles(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2020
I jxt knew he won't last there... Next news pls...
Re: Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell by ibkayee(f): 6:12pm On May 25, 2020
andrewtosin:
Man U isn't trying seriously cry cry

Plz where is Ibkayee? Something is sinister cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet 11-Year-Old Eric Marshall Who Is Already Playing In The Professional League / Enyimba Players Mercilessly Beaten By Plateau United Fans (Photos) / Manchester United Player Salaries 2017-18 (highest Wage Bill In Premier League)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.