Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

What Do You Regret The Most - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Regret The Most (543 Views)

What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life / What Do You Regret Not Doing In 2018 And Your Goals For 2019? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Regret The Most by Genea(f): 10:53pm On May 25, 2020
It's past 10pm and I can't sleep, not because I watched a horror movie nor because I have done something bad. I can't sleep because I am reminiscing on my past life. We have been told to take our lesson from the past and look forward, and yes that is what I want to do today.

Happiness is free but how many of us let go of our current pain to enjoy the moment? I currently just went down Memory Lane and played some old genuine music on my whatsapp story, songs from bands like FUN and Westlife and Replay by Iyaz. I thought to myself, I really did have beautiful moments in the past but I never enjoyed them because I thought the future was better, I was in a hurry to grow up that I forgot to calm myself, breathe and enjoy everyday as it came.

I am older now, in my mid twenties and I have decided to take each day as it comes. Forge my own happiness, love myself the more, make friends, visit exciting places and most of all spend time with family.

I do not want to look back in the next 20years and feel the regret I feel now.

So what do you regret the most?

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Regret The Most by chatinent: 11:04pm On May 25, 2020
I regret reading that sb in mid-twenties said she looked at her 'past' and 'although she is older now.'

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Regret The Most by Righteousness89(m): 11:11pm On May 25, 2020
My Regret today is not Following JESUS as I should have in my Younger days.. Especially in my University days..

But I Thank GOD for Mercy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Regret The Most by Genea(f): 11:13pm On May 25, 2020
chatinent:
I regret reading that sb in mid-twenties said she looked at her 'past' and 'although she is older now.'
look beyond this and write down what you regret...
Re: What Do You Regret The Most by Genea(f): 11:15pm On May 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Regret today is not Following JESUS as I should have in my Younger days.. Especially in my University days..

But I Thank GOD for Mercy!

I guess alot of people made that mistake, we just have to learn not to let it define us. Besides Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. I'm glad that you found him, he is awesome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Regret The Most by incogni2o: 11:20pm On May 25, 2020
No regrets
Re: What Do You Regret The Most by chatinent: 11:20pm On May 25, 2020
Genea:
look beyond this and write down what you regret...
Sure I will but when you turn 60 so the 'my past' part would match.
Re: What Do You Regret The Most by slyfran6(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
I think I will do same.
Thank you for this.

I regret not meeting people more simply because I thought I was out of place. I always made excuses and told myself I'd do that one day. I have had almost no fun in my life so far. I try to make it fun for those dear to me. But I feel nothing. Like besides my family and my God, my life is just there.

I crave more. But sadly, I don't know if I can get it.
I don't even know if I want to try because I get hurt when no one does same for me. Many just think I'm cool the way I am. Too happy to please others to care about my own pleasure or happiness.

I regret not making friends and living my life according to the moment. I always thought I'd leave it for later. Now I'm in my mid twenties too and it feels empty.

Genea:
It's past 10pm and I can't sleep, not because I watched a horror movie nor because I have done something bad. I can't sleep because I am reminiscing on my past life. We have been told to take our lesson from the past and look forward, and yes that is what I want to do today.

Happiness is free but how many of us let go of our current pain to enjoy the moment? I currently just went down Memory Lane and played some old genuine music on my whatsapp story, songs from bands like FUN and Westlife and Replay by Iyaz. I thought to myself, I really did have beautiful moments in the past but I never enjoyed them because I thought the future was better, I was in a hurry to grow up that I forgot to calm myself, breathe and enjoy everyday as it came.

I am older now, in my mid twenties and I have decided to take each day as it comes. Forge my own happiness, love myself the more, make friends, visit exciting places and most of all spend time with family.

I do not want to look back in the next 20years and feel the regret I feel now.

So what do you regret the most?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Copper Ore For Export / KUSH -lets' Live Together. / Top 5 Best Vitamins For Your Skin (glowing & Clear Skin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.