Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) (60728 Views)

26 Nigeria Troops Killed In Ambush As Rescue Helicopter Crashes - AFP / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos / 2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 26, 2020
A Russian military helicopter has spiralled out of control before crashing in a ball of flames this morning.

A video caught the horrific Mi-8 incident in which four servicemen died at the main military and civilian airport near Anadyr in the country's easternmost region Chukotka.

The helicopter crashed moments after takeoff earlier today. It rose to a height of around 50ft but appeared out of control from the beginning.

The video shows the Mi-8 swaying from side to side and apparently flipping moments before hitting the ground and bursting into flames. Thick black some was seen rising into the air from the crash site.

More footage shows firefighters dousing flames of the crashed helicopter. 'There were three crew members and one technician on board. All four died,' confirmed regional governor Roman Kopin.

The helicopter was attempting a test flight after undergoing repairs, according to reports. 'The reason for the accident could be a technical fault,' a defence ministry source told TASS.

Two black boxes were found at the site, a Chukotka regional government representative told RIA Novosti news agency.

Military investigators were dispatched to the crash site, according to reports.
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8356991/Russian-military-helicopter-crashes-fireball-killing-four.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 26, 2020

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Ofemmanu1: 12:19pm On May 26, 2020
Man don roast.. RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by DanseMacabre(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2020
Nawa ooooo, hope nobody sabotaged the brake pedal

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by DanseMacabre(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
Strange Events Everywhere!

Let's keep our Eyes up!

Our FATHER, who art in Heaven is Coming for us soon !

#We Fly soon

I respect your beliefs but to be quite candid there is nothing strange about a helicopter crash. It is one of two things: a deliberate sabotage or a technical malfunction.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by michlins(m): 12:40pm On May 26, 2020
This is exactly why the West don't take the threats from Russia too serious. Basically most of their military gears are old and can fail with a moment notice.

But you see those short devils from Asia called Chinese, those ones are something else and biggest threat to West

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by TUANKU(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2020
michlins:
This is exactly why the West don't take the threats from Russia too serious. Basically most of their military gears are old and can fail with a moment notice.

But you see those short devils from Asia called Chinese, those ones are something else and biggest threat to West
Stop talking what you don't know. There is a new "Hind" and the Russians have new model MiG's as well. The first remotely operated battle tanks were first used by Russians and nobody else till date.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by michlins(m): 12:53pm On May 26, 2020
TUANKU:

Stop talking what you don't know. There is a new "Hind" and the Russians have new model MiG's as well. The first remotely operated battle tanks were first used by Russians and nobody else till date.
oga. Majority of Russian military arsenal are very old. Second to USA is China on defense budget. It's not just about the money, it's about the technical know how. China has been stealing techs and developing new ones.

Have you asked yourself why Trump and even his arch enemies the Democratic party to come together against Huawei and anything China. When we speak Huawei, we don't just talk about phones and 5G. Those guys are into defense and weapons development especially when it comes to espionage

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Bamz(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2020
When you begin to realise how transient life is, you would be grateful for each passing moment. My first time in a chopper was blissful one but then when I think back to how people like Kobe and Vichai died, it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Live each day as if it's going to be your last, guys, because tomorrow is not promised.

22 Likes

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by kokkubabboni421(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2020
K
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by ValCon888: 1:08pm On May 26, 2020
One of the most technically demanding aircrafts to fly. An helicopter is one machine that's actively trying to kill you as you try to keep it in the air.

The aerodynamic properties of an airplane makes it possible to land safely despite a loss of engines. But if it's an helicopter, you're done.

RIP to the dead.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by jeeqaa7(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2020
Wetin osibanjo jump comot from

8 Likes

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by janedonez(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2020
Even Russia isn't left out of errors. No one is perfect

2 Likes

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Bestchoice4me(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2020
This helicopter crash of a thing is scary.. Diz reminds me of Kobe Bryant, one of my friend said, why can't he jump out, and i replied, Think of jumping out and see d fan cut u into pieces.. U jump or u no jump, when God say ur time don reach, nothing wey u fit do..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by TheFacelessMan: 1:08pm On May 26, 2020
cool

TheFacelessMan:
angry

A goon once tried to strangle me on a military helicopter off the coast of Equatorial Guinea

It was an ECOMOG top secret mission. Recently declassified.

That's why i can tell you the story.

I had been instructed by the dark goggled General to kill Captain Koroma at all cost.

I posed as a UN peacekeeper buying illegal diamonds.

Fat John Koroma was the Head of State. Corrupt as they come.

I got in the chopper with him and a bodyguard.

25,000 feet up, things started to unravel.

The weather that day was particularly hot and my make-up started to melt.... shocked.

As the stern faced guard started drawing his gun and mouthing "IMPOST...." angry angry

I opened up the briefcase full of...... lipsrsealed

In the ensuing chaos of Koroma trying to salvage his pension and his guard trying to ensure i wouldn't need mine....

I managed to grab the pilot by the neck and yank backwards.

He lost control and we all tumbled this way and that way.....

The wind whistling in our ears, money flying everywhere.

I was grabbed by Koroma and he squeezed me like a friendly Santa Claus in his bear like grip.

With that much adrenaline, your heartbeat spikes by 5 times normal rate.

I was fast losing consciousness and Koroma was turning me towards his guard so as to get a clear shot.

"Is this how i was going to die ? "

Koroma alive meant millions more will continue to die in the Civil War.

One last ditch effort and i desperately opened the latch to the door and jumped out.... dragging Koroma with me....
shocked

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by James4bright(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2020
Technical fault that wasn't spotted earlier? Humans lives wasted over some people's cluelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by eleko1: 1:09pm On May 26, 2020
sad
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by AgroTrade: 1:09pm On May 26, 2020
Bad news on rampage these days.

Lord have Mercy.

Meanwhile, I will move your frozen food and vegetables with our refrigerated trucks nationwide. Chat me up for service details
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Investmentfreak: 1:09pm On May 26, 2020

2020 self.
Indaboski is weak
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:09pm On May 26, 2020
grin
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by Lerteyespu: 1:10pm On May 26, 2020
Two of
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by IceLip: 1:10pm On May 26, 2020
j
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by kemicalreact: 1:10pm On May 26, 2020
michlins:
oga. Majority of Russian military arsenal are very old. Second to USA is China on defense budget. It's not just about the money, it's about the technical know how. China has been stealing techs and developing new ones.

Have you asked yourself why Trump and even his arch enemies the Democratic party to come together against Huawei and anything China. When we speak Huawei, we don't just talk about phones and 5G. Those guys are into defense and weapons development especially when it comes to espionage
grin

1 Like

Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by OsuMustGo: 1:12pm On May 26, 2020
angry
Re: Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) by wonuks(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2020
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.