Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Change Of Name On Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Change Of Name On Passport (6311 Views)

Change Of Name International Passport / Data Change On Passport.. / How To Correct Wrong Birthdate On Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Name On Passport by asorts: 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hello all,

I really need your contributions.

I have an old passport that will expire soon.I need to get the new e passport.

I already have an appointment with the nigerian embassy in uk.

I have a few questions
-My old passport is in my maiden name,i am married now,will i be able to get the new passport in my married name.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Change Of Name On Passport by Kinsh(f): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Am exactly in the same situation. Can anyone help please!
Re: Change Of Name On Passport by pslm23(f): 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2011
I don't know how it works in the UK but over here in the US, i was still able to use my Nigerian passport which is in my maiden name to travel to Nigeria. Then I had my Green Card and i always showed them (customs and immigration) both which was fine. i never bothered to try and change the name on my passport but now that I'm a US citizen, I'm applying for the ECOWAS passport/card and it wll be in my married name
Re: Change Of Name On Passport by omega25red(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2011
when you go to the embassy take your marriage certificate and your birth certificate with you and any form of identification. That way you can prove that you are who you say you are and there will be no issue. They might have you fill and notorize a form and that will be it.
I had a similar situation where i didnt have my middle name on my green card and they tried to screw with me but i showed all my i.d's including my Nigerian birth certificate and they had no choice. That happened in nyc dont know about u.k

1 Like

Re: Change Of Name On Passport by Kinsh(f): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2011
I was told to swear an avidafitt first and advertise it in the nigerian newspaper that I am now married, bring a proof that have done so and fill a change of name apllication form before my surname could be change after showing them my marriage cert and birth cert but, NO! Although this was with the old Nigerian passport. Now with the e-passport, am not sure but have decide to change my surname first to avoid any implications.
Re: Change Of Name On Passport by littledarline(f): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2013
I have a valid e-passport which will expire next year. I am married and used my married name on the e-passport but two years ago, we were led to change our surname that is myself, hubby and children. the surname was duly changed you know, affidavit, paper publication and our offices were notified. however when we attempted to effect the change on e-passport it has been different stories. My questions are as follows: can this change be said to be due to marriage by immigration terms? can we still use our passports bearing the old name to travel? if yes to which countries? cos i heard UK might allow it but USA wont etc
if the change could be effected? at what cost and how long? Thanking you in advance

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ogun State / Experts Urge FG To Review Minimum Aircraft Requirement For Airlines / Jaws: Divers Spots World's Largest White Shark 2.5tons In Hawaii(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.