Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,049 members, 7,859,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:25 PM

Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) (77613 Views)

“So Cynthia Morgan Lied?” Nigerians React To Cynthia Morgan’s Contract With Jude / Landlord Takes Cynthia Morgan To Court Over Unpaid Rent, Tax Evasion / Cynthia Morgan Aka Madrina Is Back On Instagram With Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 27, 2020
A lot now depends on who owes what.

She should do a spreadsheet and put it out there.

We mathematicians will do the rest.

MrBrownJay1:

are you now saying that she has no right to her royalties, even though the contract clearly states that she owns 50% of it?

bro, majority of artist are like that...very humble at the beginning, but as soon as they get a little fame, they automatically forget who got them there. .. and as hard as it may be, thats the music business. these artist dont want to be taken advantage of forever, and regardless of who started their career, they have the right to say:"i no wan do again". anyone knows that the record labels are daylight robbery, so the minute an artist has a chance, they get rid of their label and create their own record label, so that the artist can now do exactly the same thing with their own label and upcoming artists.
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by weedfada(m): 6:44pm On May 27, 2020
Drizzy5001:
I like her songs though . Especially that her song titled "Simantiniya" she murdered that song .
She's better than Tiwa savange, come get sense pass Tiwa savange join.

On God! I swear that's the only lady that can give tiwa a run in the industry... She has this presence/persona and u can see the raw/posh talent. U be correct guy.

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by clericuzzio(m): 11:48pm On May 27, 2020
centboy123456:

bro I reason aswell but I nor know how them day do am
The thing be say, Na from abroad person go fit help you open am
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by JoseRaji(m): 2:29am On May 28, 2020
AFONJACOW:
Where is that big headed slowpoke his name is Peter okeye... The name okeye is a great name and people with that name okeye are always great people but this okeye Peter is efulefu , the worst of okeye that ever liveth
You had Five (5) chances to spell OKOYE correctly. Smh

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by SolexxBarry(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2020
Sanchez01:

Lol! Not sure he does. He is a villain in this story, particularly after Peter and May D's exposés. I equally doubt he'll do a thing.
Are u sure u watched the interview? May D wasn't signed to him, he offered him a contract and he refused it, so how is his failure attached to Jude
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by centboy123456(m): 1:01pm On May 28, 2020
clericuzzio:
The thing be say, Na from abroad person go fit help you open am

na to ask my woman makes she help me open am
Re: Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 28, 2020
She does. There are pre-royalty obligations which are being settled with those funds most likely.

MrBrownJay1:

are you now saying that she has no right to her royalties, even though the contract clearly states that she owns 50% of it?

bro, majority of artist are like that...very humble at the beginning, but as soon as they get a little fame, they automatically forget who got them there. .. and as hard as it may be, thats the music business. these artist dont want to be taken advantage of forever, and regardless of who started their career, they have the right to say:"i no wan do again". anyone knows that the record labels are daylight robbery, so the minute an artist has a chance, they get rid of their label and create their own record label, so that the artist can now do exactly the same thing with their own label and upcoming artists.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Omotunde Adebowale-David Lolo1’s Mother Remarries At 56 (Photos, Video) / Tiwa Savage & Toke Makinwa Join #EndSARS Protest On The Streets Of Lagos (Video) / Tiwa Savage Celebrates Her 41st Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.