Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News (404 Views)

Series Of Killing Going On In The East..pictures!!..Viewers discretion! / 7 Reasons Why Igbos Must Tackle The Ikwerre Question Now! / Hoodlums Tied By Security Men In The East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 6:55pm On May 26, 2020
OPINION: Every Igbo Man Should Have An Investment In The East, Lagos Showed Me Pepper

opera.com

May 26, 2020 10:57 AM

Every Igbo Man Should Have An Investment In The East, Lagos Showed Me Pepper

I graduated from Unizik, and served in Lagos at NAPIMS Bayo-kuku, Ikoyi office passed out, for months in Lagos no job, I had to use the little savings I had then to rent a shop at Obalende, during my days in high institution I trained in hardware and software maintenance also phone repairing.

I started my business in repairing phones and laptops, I was staying in one room apartment at Ikoyi, as a graduate my business package was quite different, I had many customers from Ikoyi especially those along Awolowo road, my customers then comes from Lekki, VI, unilag, ajah etc within short period I started selling accessories.

Although the shop size was small, most times customers will be much waiting for me to attend to their needs, within short while I started selling phones, I relocated to Ajah 2 bed room flat owned by Igbo man, driving from Ajah then became very stressful for me.

I had to leave my house before 5am to Ikoyi close around 9:30pm, get home 11pm or to 12, sometimes when I'm driving home I will be feeling wobble in middle of heavy traffic, my business was performing well but I was stressing myself.

In my business premises, it was just four shops, our landlady was a Yoruba woman , I noticed one of my neighbors vacated from his shop, it was remaining three of us one northerner and a Ghanian both are fashion designers.

I approached my landlady and told her that I'm interested to rent the shop, she said no, that she can't give her two shops to Omo-Igbo, I told her what matters was prompt payment, she refused, I was managing the small space for months the shop was still empty because of ridiculous price she placed.

One faithful day she called me and asked me if I'm still interested I said yes, we negotiated the price I paid her, I used one side for repair and the second for sales, I employed an assistance, I package the shop installed AC and my business was doing well, what I now noticed was my landlady keeping malice, when ever I greet her she doesn't respond.

I called her son and complained to him, he assured me to speak with his mum, honestly I didn't know the reasons why she started showing malevolent towards me, I'm not owing her of any bills, one day she called me and asked me to remove the AC I installed, which I did, still yet she wasn't satisfy, I started noticing white substance in-front of my two shops.

I always pray over it and start my business, I had accident twice with my car, the last incident that happened the car airbags pulled out, I don't know how she got the information, my neighbor heard her soliloquizing, that I will know the kind of person she is.

She tried all she could to hurt me but she didn't succeed, what she did was to give me quit-notice, I had to vacate her shops it was a very big challenge to get shop around, I had to relocate to Ajah Oke Ire kekere, the landlord of the hosue asked me to pay for three years I pleaded with him to reduce the price to two years he insisted for three years rent.

Since I was desperate my option was limited, I had to pay, fixed the shop, paint etc. business there was very slow for days no sale and repair, because of Ajah holdup majority of my customers find it difficult to come to my new location, my major problem there became hoodlums, where I relocated to was a shopping complex.

One day thieves came to our complex bugled all shops up stair including my, stole my goods left no trace crossword clue although the case was reported to police, we had to implore company security, not up one month they revisited, could you imagine that those security men were not aware, we had to lock them up.

My experience there was terrifying all I labored for went down, I had to go to Ajah market to search for my goods, since police can't do their work, I placed my faith in God's hand, I went there the first day I didn't succeed, the second day I noticed two stands, their show glasses was stocked with Etisalat wireless modems, and they look like my, still skeptical not just me that sale modem.

I was convinced when I saw my price tags in two different locations, I had to involve the police, they came there arrested them and move them to Langbasa police station, they confessed one guy sold the items to them, from their confession we were able to arrest they culprit, the boy is from Osun a hardened criminal he refused to name his gang members,for days the guy refused to confess.

The police released those guys without my consent, I had to inform my friend that work with force headquarter Abuja, he linked me up to SAS Ikeja,they had to rearrest those guys and move the case to Ikeja, the boy confessed said they are three gang members and they used charm that made the security men to dozed off.

We recovered some Items and they paid for those that we couldn't recover, my neighbors were reluctant I had to do it alone.

Before then I've been reading developments in Enugu and Anambra state threads I had no option than to think east.

Pictures below shows how empty my business was in Ajah
Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 6:57pm On May 26, 2020
photos

Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 7:00pm On May 26, 2020
photo

Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 7:01pm On May 26, 2020
more

Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 7:03pm On May 26, 2020
aftwr this I'll share photos of my shop in the east which is now booming more than that in ajah

Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 7:06pm On May 26, 2020
Ship in the east

Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by DamnnNiggarr: 7:06pm On May 26, 2020
shocked
nice niggarr'

You're really a wise man,
i pity some of the Ighos that runs away from their homeland to another man's land.

atimes, i'll keep asking myself, what is that thing that is in another man's land, that is not in the east.
most atimes i used to encourage most of my Igho friends in Bayelsa to have atleast one investment in east, that they shouldnt abandone their territory, and they are oblaging to that.
Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by Lindalilian: 7:10pm On May 26, 2020
east

Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by NwaEnugwuukwu(m): 7:33pm On May 26, 2020
This shouldn't be in crime section, you should have posted it in business section.

On the topic, many Igbos believes that they can only make it when they leave their comfort zone though it's works for some while others it doesn't.

One thing they should know is that once you're destined to succeed in life, you will succeed regardless of your location.
Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by FlordFlorez(m): 6:03am On May 27, 2020
Invest in east and grow east, simple.
Re: Opinion: Why Igbos Should Start Investing In The East - Opera News by walteriyke: 10:03am On May 27, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked
nice niggarr'

You're really a wise man,
i pity some of the Ighos that runs away from their homeland to another man's land.

atimes, i'll keep asking myself, what is that thing that is in another man's land, that is not in the east.
most atimes i used to encourage most of my Igho friends in Bayelsa to have atleast one investment in east, that they shouldnt abandone their territory, and they are oblaging to that.
let them let us use our sea ports na

(1) (Reply)

Watch How George Floyd Was Killed In Police Custody (must Watch) / Photo Of 6 Nigerians Who Defrauded U. S Of Over $6 Million / Nigerian Woman Gang-raped In Ghana Loses Her Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.