Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun (31354 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else / Lady Dies After Posting "If I Die During Lockdown No Need For Autopsy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Aguilar(m): 2:32am On Nov 20, 2020
village people stop this nonsense
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by nelo222: 3:35am On Nov 20, 2020
Pls visit your neurological, for test and treatment it could be brain or heart related problem cos i think it pertains to low supply of oxygen

1 Like

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by stonecoldcafe: 6:09am On Nov 20, 2020
Michelle55:
Please doctors in the house I need your help;

I said I have a light blood and pressure isn't good for me, please how true is that and can one be assumed to have a light blood (if there's any word like that)

Try to relocate to cooler climes
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by ghettochild(m): 6:27am On Nov 20, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...

Sister op....you might have a hole in the heart

Anyway it might just be your unique problem

Like me I have this unique problem....
I tend to start sweating when am in car that is not running fast and not moving straight...then before you know it the tendency to vomit sets in...to make it worse if the smell of petrol in the car is much then forget it i can't control the vomit.....i will have to vomit
Road sickness, esp in hot stuffy cars with no adequate ventilation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2020
Michelle55:

I noticed it first last year but I didn't pay attention to it thinking it was normal for one to be lightheaded after walking under the sun for a couple of minutes. Immediately it happened, I laid down on the bare floor like that till the sun goes down( I noticed peeps were shouting at my friend to do something to help me, I just signalled for her to let me be because I couldn't move a muscle so there's nothing she could have done to help me at that moment ).

Now the reason why I created this thread is that it repeated itself again today and it was sooo embarrassing because it happened in the market where I went to get some food items. Some market women had to empty chilled water on me from head to toe cry took me about 20minutes to get acquainted with my surroundings.

Meanwhile, while growing up I noticed my body doesn't fancy the sun that much but I thought as I get older, everything would have normalized.
Please who has experienced this before and how did you overcome it?
Doctors in the house, what could be the cause of it and the solutions?
Thank you
P.S: Someone said I have a light blood and pressure isn't good for me, please how true is that and can one be assumed to have a light blood (if there's any word like that)
are you albino?
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2020
nelo222:
Pls visit your neurological, for test and treatment it could be brain or heart related problem cos i think it pertains to low supply of oxygen
or a heat stroke
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by willyjacs(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2020
Millenniumlady:
What work does your boyfriend do ? Are you sure he's not a yahoo guy
u just heard the poster say she/he has noticed his or her body and the sun doesn't really get acquainted from childhood.

Na ur eyes get issues abi na ur brain??

1 Like

Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by AlphaSoul: 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
ibnzubair:
@Michelle55

Well, I don't think the sun itself is the problem, it's perhaps due to a condition called orthostatic hypotension. There could be other possible reasons, but this is the most likely.

It happens when your blood pressure fails to adapt to appropriately to change in posture i.e. when you stand for long your blood pressure remains low, the brain doesn't get enough blood, you 'collapse' or faint and remaining on the flat position on the floor allow blood to reach your brain, then you're able to get up again.

The possible role of the sun is dehydration; in which you have less water in your body, hence less blood volume ergo, lower blood pressure which triggers the above scenario.

My advice;
1. Drink enough water: harmattan is almost upon us, and dehydration is very common with the season.

2. Go to the hospital for a diagnosis; including measurement of your blood pressure while seated, lying down etc.

3. If you're on any antihypertensives, discuss with your doctor for alternatives. Orthostatic hypotension is a complication of some antihypertensives.

4. Pray for Nigeria

Peace.
Awesome!
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by Parizz: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Michelle55:

I drink water alot.. Thank you
will you go out with me? I have this huge crush on you
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by SmartGadgetz: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2023
Michelle55:

I noticed it first last year but I didn't pay attention to it thinking it was normal for one to be lightheaded after walking under the sun for a couple of minutes. Immediately it happened, I laid down on the bare floor like that till the sun goes down( I noticed peeps were shouting at my friend to do something to help me, I just signalled for her to let me be because I couldn't move a muscle so there's nothing she could have done to help me at that moment ).

Now the reason why I created this thread is that it repeated itself again today and it was sooo embarrassing because it happened in the market where I went to get some food items. Some market women had to empty chilled water on me from head to toe cry took me about 20minutes to get acquainted with my surroundings.

Meanwhile, while growing up I noticed my body doesn't fancy the sun that much but I thought as I get older, everything would have normalized.
Please who has experienced this before and how did you overcome it?
Doctors in the house, what could be the cause of it and the solutions?
Thank you
P.S: Someone said I have a light blood and pressure isn't good for me, please how true is that and can one be assumed to have a light blood (if there's any word like that)

That's the best way to approach it, if it's me.
1) Do more physical fitness to strengthen your immunity and physical agility.
2) Speak with your medical doctor (It could be medical)
3) Pray over it (It could be spiritual)
Re: I Easily Lose Consciousness If I Stay In The Sun by bisqit: 5:46pm On Mar 25
Michelle55:

I'll try and do that.. Thanks
hi, i'm a huge long term admirer of yours cos of your maturity. I've been thinking if you could go out with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Tips To Maintain A Healthy Skin / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID / Olakunle Akinboboye Becomes First Black Chair Of US Cardiovascular Disease Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.