Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! (1448 Views)

All The Tools And Knowledge You Need To Make A Killing With Crypto / How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? / Lagos Real Sector Investments Moving To Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 12:38am On May 29, 2020
Not too many are aware that they can actually ’make a killing’ in any season in the Nigerian Petroleum downstream sector. Yes, it’s a known fact that people and organizations in the Nigerian petroleum downstream industry are making it big time but most spectators don’t know how the systems works.

There are different segments of the Nigerian petroleum downstream sector you can invest in and get a mouth-watering return on investment if you come in first having in mind to trade and deliver service swiftly and efficiently as you possibly can.

This is indeed a time for Nigeria and the citizens to do a re-think because it will never be business as usual. Professor Charles Soludo a former central bank of Nigeria governor, corroborated this when he said that the way we work, socialize, meet and greet after the Covid -19 crisis and that it wont be the end of techno -economic disruptions or health pandemics even in this decade. He said that ''this is an opportunity to "think without the box"- to engender greater confidence in our capacity to think through our problems, with authentic sustainable solutions". According to him, Africa including our dear country Nigeria, that both the government and her people are begging for palliatives.'' And the question i ask is ; Why beg to feed when there are still lots of lucrative sectors willing to accommodate you even in this period.

The essence of this write up is for a preliminary expose’ on the systems of some segments in the Nigeria petroleum downstream sector. However, some may read these submissions and still ask how all of these affects them. But i will like to state the obvious that at the moment , survival is of utmost importance in the minds of most if not all as it stands irrespective of status.

According to the Bureau of National statistics, Nigeria’s unemployment rate stood at a six year high of 23 per cent in the third quarter of 2018. As per the data on unemployment of 2010 – 2019, 3.5 million Nigerians as at 2010 were unemployed and it increased to 21 million in 2018 and by 2019, it had hit 23 million. If I may ask a question, when what you have today as a job, or what you call business is taken away from you, what else will you be able to do like immediately? Think about it and keep the answers to yourself as there is a popular adage in Igbo land that says: “No man goes climbing asking someone to put water on the fire for him with the intention of falling off the tree.” Agree with me if you will, being wary of the inevitable is not cowardice.

A Daily Post publication of 2nd May 2019 quoted the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige during a workshop saying that it is projected that the unemployment rate for Nigeria will reach 33.5 per cent by 2020 with consequences that are better imagined if trend is not reversed.
The fifteen years i have put in the Nigerian Petroleum downstream sector with regards to shipping logistics is no where near the over 40 years many have put in the industry. But the desire to share my experience is my motivation and since you are still following, let us give a breakdown of these segments of the Nigerian petroleum downstream sector that you can invest in and join the lots who are currently making it big time despite the disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Please note that in spite of the past, current and future positive outlook of the sector, I have been told severally by skeptics and cynics that it is short-sightedness and completely lacking in vision to see a future in the Nigeria Tanker Shipping Industry in a world of emerging renewable energy, fast rising world mobility leading to the production of electronic vehicles, the near completion of the Dangote refinery at Ibeju Lekki Lagos and the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) ongoing turn around maintenance of the four (4) refineries in Nigeria. As we progress, i will highlight the reasons the industry will continue to thrive notwithstanding improvements in world eco-innovations or challenges caused by covid-19 pandemic or any other crisis for that matter.

I would like to let you know that there is something worthwhile in there for everyone irrespective of your financial capacity and class in the society.There are over twelve (12) segments in the sector that i would want us to talk about but let us begin with the Trading and Marketing Segment.

The trading and marketing segment is one segment I consider to be bigger than other segments in the Nigerian Petroleum downstream sector apart from the refining of petroleum crude oil. The players; foreign oil traders and local petroleum marketers are responsible for the purchase, marketing and distribution of the products gotten from crude oil.

(A) Foreign Oil Traders: They are the ones given the responsibility by NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation) to bring in petroleum products into the country. They have a running SWAP deal with NNPC/PPMC(Pipeline and product Marketing Company). They were awarded contracts under the Direct Sale Direct purchase (DSDP) agreement with NNPC/PPMC. Under this agreement, they offtake crude oil and in return, deliver corresponding petroleum products of equivalent value to NNPC subject to the terms of the agreement. They are buyers at some point and sellers at another time. They are mostly foreign companies but domiciled here in Nigeria. Some of them are; British Petroleum (BP), Trafigura, Vitol, Total International, Bono Energy, Mocoh SA & Mercuria Energy. The ineffectiveness of these companies will definitely lead to the scarcity of petroleum products in Nigeria. They hire vessels abroad from their owners, load them with petroleum products and she sails for the ultimate arrival at Lagos offshore where she is then programmed by PPMC for discharge Via Ship to ship (STS) or at any of the berths at the inner anchorage.
(B) Oil marketers: These are indigenous oil & gas companies. They are well involved in the local marketing and distribution of petroleum. They either own jetties with tank farms or uses the storage facilities of other marketers for cargo storage purposes. They buy products directly from foreign oil traders and sometimes from NNPC/PPMC through the PFI system, a loading allocation given to local oil marketers to buy and load petroleum products from PPMC coastal and import vessels offshore. Some of the local petroleum marketers are; A.A Rano,RainOil, AYM Shafa, Masters Energy, Asharami Synergy etc. PPMC sometimes reach a throughput agreement with some of these oil marketers to store up their products in the marketers’ tank storages at a cost per ton for the period of storage.
When products are bought by these local oil marketers either from PPMC or directly from foreign oil traders, a vessel is chartered from ship owners locally or abroad for the purpose of proceeding offshore alongside the import tanker to load the cargo paid for. Prior or most times upon completion of loading, the oil marketer appoints a shipping port agent whose responsibility is to monitor the loading and ultimate discharge of the cargo either offshore or at berth. Both foreign oil traders and petroleum marketers appoint ship agents to berth vessels on their behalf depending on drawn programs for the vessels.
Foreign oil traders and local petroleum marketers in consortia throw in bids for Nigeria’s annual swap deal tenders for crude offtake and delivery of refined products. Only companies with the capacity to supply petroleum products to the country are considered for such contract award. These companies’ off-take crude and in return deliver corresponding petroleum products of equivalent value to NNPC.
I know you must have started thinking by now that how on earth will I be able to invest in this segment of the industry.
Remember I said earlier that there is something for everyone irrespective of your financial status or class in the country. What I am saying today may not be for everyone just as this segment of the sector isn’t for everyone. But I know that if you don’t have it or can’t have it, you may know someone who can.
The tender to off-take crude in return for petroleum products opens up every year as the one currently running expires on the 30th of September 2020.
Let us take a look at this segment, digest the information here,come up with questions if necessary and give our inputs as well if we so desire.

I will be right back.

Tanker 2020
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by SavageResponse(m): 6:39am On May 29, 2020
tanker2020:
Not too many are aware that they can actually ’make a killing’ in any season in the Nigerian Petroleum downstream sector. Yes, it’s a known fact that people and organizations in the Nigerian petroleum downstream industry are making it big time but most spectators don’t know how the systems works.

There are different segments of the Nigerian petroleum downstream sector you can invest in and get a mouth-watering return on investment if you come in first having in mind to trade and deliver service swiftly and efficiently as you possibly can.

This is indeed a time for Nigeria and the citizens to do a re-think because it will never be business as usual. Professor Charles Soludo a former central bank of Nigeria governor, corroborated this when he said that the way we work, socialize, meet and greet after the Covid -19 crisis and that it wont be the end of techno -economic disruptions or health pandemics even in this decade. He said that ''this is an opportunity to "think without the box"- to engender greater confidence in our capacity to think through our problems, with authentic sustainable solutions". According to him, Africa including our dear country Nigeria, that both the government and her people are begging for palliatives.'' And the question i ask is ; Why beg to feed when there are still lots of lucrative sectors willing to accommodate you even in this period.

The essence of this write up is for a preliminary expose’ on the systems of some segments in the Nigeria petroleum downstream sector. However, some may read these submissions and still ask how all of these affects them. But i will like to state the obvious that at the moment , survival is of utmost importance in the minds of most if not all as it stands irrespective of status.

According to the Bureau of National statistics, Nigeria’s unemployment rate stood at a six year high of 23 per cent in the third quarter of 2018. As per the data on unemployment of 2010 – 2019, 3.5 million Nigerians as at 2010 were unemployed and it increased to 21 million in 2018 and by 2019, it had hit 23 million. If I may ask a question, when what you have today as a job, or what you call business is taken away from you, what else will you be able to do like immediately? Think about it and keep the answers to yourself as there is a popular adage in Igbo land that says: “No man goes climbing asking someone to put water on the fire for him with the intention of falling off the tree.” Agree with me if you will, being wary of the inevitable is not cowardice.

A Daily Post publication of 2nd May 2019 quoted the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige during a workshop saying that it is projected that the unemployment rate for Nigeria will reach 33.5 per cent by 2020 with consequences that are better imagined if trend is not reversed.
The fifteen years i have put in the Nigerian Petroleum downstream sector with regards to shipping logistics is no where near the over 40 years many have put in the industry. But the desire to share my experience is my motivation and since you are still following, let us give a breakdown of these segments of the Nigerian petroleum downstream sector that you can invest in and join the lots who are currently making it big time despite the disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Please note that in spite of the past, current and future positive outlook of the sector, I have been told severally by skeptics and cynics that it is short-sightedness and completely lacking in vision to see a future in the Nigeria Tanker Shipping Industry in a world of emerging renewable energy, fast rising world mobility leading to the production of electronic vehicles, the near completion of the Dangote refinery at Ibeju Lekki Lagos and the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) ongoing turn around maintenance of the four (4) refineries in Nigeria. As we progress, i will highlight the reasons the industry will continue to thrive notwithstanding improvements in world eco-innovations or challenges caused by covid-19 pandemic or any other crisis for that matter.

I would like to let you know that there is something worthwhile in there for everyone irrespective of your financial capacity and class in the society.There are over twelve (12) segments in the sector that i would want us to talk about but let us begin with the Trading and Marketing Segment.

The trading and marketing segment is one segment I consider to be bigger than other segments in the Nigerian Petroleum downstream sector apart from the refining of petroleum crude oil. The players; foreign oil traders and local petroleum marketers are responsible for the purchase, marketing and distribution of the products gotten from crude oil.

(A) Foreign Oil Traders: They are the ones given the responsibility by NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation) to bring in petroleum products into the country. They have a running SWAP deal with NNPC/PPMC(Pipeline and product Marketing Company). They were awarded contracts under the Direct Sale Direct purchase (DSDP) agreement with NNPC/PPMC. Under this agreement, they offtake crude oil and in return, deliver corresponding petroleum products of equivalent value to NNPC subject to the terms of the agreement. They are buyers at some point and sellers at another time. They are mostly foreign companies but domiciled here in Nigeria. Some of them are; British Petroleum (BP), Trafigura, Vitol, Total International, Bono Energy, Mocoh SA & Mercuria Energy. The ineffectiveness of these companies will definitely lead to the scarcity of petroleum products in Nigeria. They hire vessels abroad from their owners, load them with petroleum products and she sails for the ultimate arrival at Lagos offshore where she is then programmed by PPMC for discharge Via Ship to ship (STS) or at any of the berths at the inner anchorage.
(B) Oil marketers: These are indigenous oil & gas companies. They are well involved in the local marketing and distribution of petroleum. They either own jetties with tank farms or uses the storage facilities of other marketers for cargo storage purposes. They buy products directly from foreign oil traders and sometimes from NNPC/PPMC through the PFI system, a loading allocation given to local oil marketers to buy and load petroleum products from PPMC coastal and import vessels offshore. Some of the local petroleum marketers are; A.A Rano,RainOil, AYM Shafa, Masters Energy, Asharami Synergy etc. PPMC sometimes reach a throughput agreement with some of these oil marketers to store up their products in the marketers’ tank storages at a cost per ton for the period of storage.
When products are bought by these local oil marketers either from PPMC or directly from foreign oil traders, a vessel is chartered from ship owners locally or abroad for the purpose of proceeding offshore alongside the import tanker to load the cargo paid for. Prior or most times upon completion of loading, the oil marketer appoints a shipping port agent whose responsibility is to monitor the loading and ultimate discharge of the cargo either offshore or at berth. Both foreign oil traders and petroleum marketers appoint ship agents to berth vessels on their behalf depending on drawn programs for the vessels.
Foreign oil traders and local petroleum marketers in consortia throw in bids for Nigeria’s annual swap deal tenders for crude offtake and delivery of refined products. Only companies with the capacity to supply petroleum products to the country are considered for such contract award. These companies’ off-take crude and in return deliver corresponding petroleum products of equivalent value to NNPC.
I know you must have started thinking by now that how on earth will I be able to invest in this segment of the industry.
Remember I said earlier that there is something for everyone irrespective of your financial status or class in the country. What I am saying today may not be for everyone just as this segment of the sector isn’t for everyone. But I know that if you don’t have it or can’t have it, you may know someone who can.
The tender to off-take crude in return for petroleum products opens up every year as the one currently running expires on the 30th of September 2020.
Let us take a look at this segment, digest the information here,come up with questions if necessary and give our inputs as well if we so desire.

I will be right back.

Tanker 2020

It is not only foreign companies that are licenced to trade crude oil in Nigeria.

Have you heard of Levene Energy before?

1 Like

Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 10:20am On May 29, 2020
You are right, but i decided to limit this write up to just the downstream sector. Levene Energy development,UTM Offshore, Matrix Energy Ltd and Petratlantic Energy Ltd are the companies that partnered for the DSDP swap deal which is a mixture of up and downstream.

Indigenous companies with licence to trade crude oil in Nigeria include; Matrix Energy, Petraatlantic, Eterna Plc, Arkleen, Obat, Petrogas and Masters Energy Ltd, just to mention a few of them because we are not discussing upstream activities.

Thanks for your contribution and Yes, i know Levene too well. They only just got into the NNPC/ PPMC Direct sale Direct purchase Swap deal.

Tanker2020
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 12:02am On May 30, 2020
2. SHIP OWNERSHIP OR MANAGEMENT
Please don’t say; what the heck? Where on earth does he expect me to get funds for the purchase of a vessel just to be a player in the Nigerian petroleum downstream sector?
The Nigerian Petroleum downstream industry is not exclusively for the rich rather,it enriches all players, especially those who are ready to trade and give service as per industry demand.
Without a ship, the Nigerian petroleum downstream industry cycle will be incomplete. Foreign oil traders or importers and local petroleum marketers charters or hires vessels from ship owners and use them for the loading of petroleum products such as Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), Automotive Gas Oil (AGO), Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) and other product for subsequent discharge at disports. These ships are either chartered from owners, managers or operators either on a voyage or time charter. Conditions for chartering vessels are sometimes dependent on the size, age and by extension, the allowable loadable draft of the vessel.
There are two basic types of Oil tanker vessels; Product tanker and Crude tanker.
There are VLCC (Very large crude carriers) and ULCC (Ultra Large Crude Carriers) These are vessels used for the loading of crude at terminals.
Product tankers which are usually medium range (MR), Long range(LR) 1, Long Range 2 vessels are used to load petroleum products such as PMS, AGO, DPK or Jet A1. The daily charter rate for product tankers in Nigeria ranges between 10,000 to 20,000 US dollars per day depending on the age and size of the vessel. For instance, a vessel with about 50-52 dead-weight can load up to 30,000 metric tonnes of cargo which could be about 30 million liters depending on the nature of the cargo in question. Such vessel size in brand new could be sold between 40 million to 60 million US dollars and a fairly used one depending on the age will go for far lesser that amount.
However, whichever angle we all decide to look at it, and whatever may be running through our heads at the moment because of the amount involve, please know it that you must not be the ship owner for you to be the ship leaser to charterers. You can play the go-to-guy role or person who should be contacted whenever there is need for a vessel to be chartered by oil traders and marketers and this is possible by merely knowing someone or company that owns a ship. You are not a ship broker per-se but a contact person that is seen by many as a ship owner or operator. Your most valuable asset in this regard is the ability to create a good relationship with local or foreign ship owners and the ability to convince a first-time charterer to charter your vessel.
Apart from linking local petroleum marketers with ship owners and providing charterers with vessels for a commission, the go -to- person packages available ships’ documents for the purpose of throwing in bids on behalf of ship owners whenever NNPC/ PPMC open tender opportunities for the supply of coastal vessels. Awarded contracts runs for 2-3 years prior the opening of another tender opportunity. All a go-to-guy, who has no ship needs is to know a ship owner anywhere in the world and as long as he or she is able to convince the vessel owner of the investment opportunities in the Nigerian Petroleum industry with regards to the NNPC-PPMC tender opportunity for the supply of coastal vessels to them, he is good to go.
Charter party agreement cost of chartering a vessel from ship owners under tender of this nature is usually between 15,000 to 20,000 us dollars for vessel per day depending on the age and size of shortlisted vessels.
Like i said earlier, don't panic. This may sound and look big but what is actually big here is your earnings nothing more.

I will appreciate your questions if necessary and contributions if you so desire.

Will be right back.

Tanker2020

1 Like

Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by NairalandAngel(m): 9:35pm On May 30, 2020
tanker2020:
2. SHIP OWNERSHIP OR MANAGEMENT
Please don’t say; what the heck? Where on earth does he expect me to get funds for the purchase of a vessel just to be a player in the Nigerian petroleum downstream sector?
The Nigerian Petroleum downstream industry is not exclusively for the rich rather,it enriches all players, especially those who are ready to trade and give service as per industry demand.
Without a ship, the Nigerian petroleum downstream industry cycle will be incomplete. Foreign oil traders or importers and local petroleum marketers charters or hires vessels from ship owners and use them for the loading of petroleum products such as Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), Automotive Gas Oil (AGO), Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK) and other product for subsequent discharge at disports. These ships are either chartered from owners, managers or operators either on a voyage or time charter. Conditions for chartering vessels are sometimes dependent on the size, age and by extension, the allowable loadable draft of the vessel.
There are two basic types of Oil tanker vessels; Product tanker and Crude tanker.
There are VLCC (Very large crude carriers) and ULCC (Ultra Large Crude Carriers) These are vessels used for the loading of crude at terminals.
Product tankers which are usually medium range (MR), Long range(LR) 1, Long Range 2 vessels are used to load petroleum products such as PMS, AGO, DPK or Jet A1. The daily charter rate for product tankers in Nigeria ranges between 10,000 to 20,000 US dollars per day depending on the age and size of the vessel. For instance, a vessel with about 50-52 dead-weight can load up to 30,000 metric tonnes of cargo which could be about 30 million liters depending on the nature of the cargo in question. Such vessel size in brand new could be sold between 40 million to 60 million US dollars and a fairly used one depending on the age will go for far lesser that amount.
However, whichever angle we all decide to look at it, and whatever may be running through our heads at the moment because of the amount involve, please know it that you must not be the ship owner for you to be the ship leaser to charterers. You can play the go-to-guy role or person who should be contacted whenever there is need for a vessel to be chartered by oil traders and marketers and this is possible by merely knowing someone or company that owns a ship. You are not a ship broker per-se but a contact person that is seen by many as a ship owner or operator. Your most valuable asset in this regard is the ability to create a good relationship with local or foreign ship owners and the ability to convince a first-time charterer to charter your vessel.
Apart from linking local petroleum marketers with ship owners and providing charterers with vessels for a commission, the go -to- person packages available ships’ documents for the purpose of throwing in bids on behalf of ship owners whenever NNPC/ PPMC open tender opportunities for the supply of coastal vessels. Awarded contracts runs for 2-3 years prior the opening of another tender opportunity. All a go-to-guy, who has no ship needs is to know a ship owner anywhere in the world and as long as he or she is able to convince the vessel owner of the investment opportunities in the Nigerian Petroleum industry with regards to the NNPC-PPMC tender opportunity for the supply of coastal vessels to them, he is good to go.
Charter party agreement cost of chartering a vessel from ship owners under tender of this nature is usually between 15,000 to 20,000 us dollars for vessel per day depending on the age and size of shortlisted vessels.
Like i said earlier, don't panic. This may sound and look big but what is actually big here is your earnings nothing more.

I will appreciate your questions if necessary and contributions if you so desire.

Will be right back.

Tanker2020

Are there any Nigerian companies that actually own tankers?
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 9:50pm On May 30, 2020
3. PORT AGENCY
This is a segment of the sector where a great deal of master servant relationship is exhibited especially between the agent and the charterer who is his client. The services of the port or cargo agent is mostly sought after by foreign traders and local petroleum marketers and sometimes, NNPC/PPMC. Vessels can not berth at any jetty or terminal without the services of the agent being employed. When vessels are chartered from owners by petroleum marketers or foreign oil traders and subsequently programmed for loading or discharge, the services of the agent must be sought after to ensure a hitch free loading or discharge operation. The port agent is an intermediary between ship charterers and port or government officials. It is the port agent in most cases that sees to the logistics of loading and discharge of cargo on board the vessel. It is part of the job of an agent to pay all port or government statutory charges for the vessel and cargo on behalf of the charterer. All shuttle coastal vessels under NNPC/PPMC fleets are handled by different cargo agents who were awarded contracts for the berthing, discharge and cast off from berths of these vessels till the expiration of the two (2) years contracts awarded them. They stand the chance of rebidding during the next tender opportunity by NNPC/PPMC seeking the services of cargo agents for their coastal shuttles. The cargo or port agent though a professional, must adhere (as a servant) to the instructions of his client (master) who could be a ship owner, ship charterer or NNPC/PPMC in some cases unless otherwise advised by the habours or other government officials. The cargo agent is responsible for all petroleum products discharged at various jetties in Nigeria.
The cargo agent can be nominated by foreign oil traders, local petroleum marketers, NNPC/PPMC or ship owners as protective and husbanding agent.
When the cargo agent is appointed by a foreign trader who imports cargo into the country for NNPC/PPMC as with the case of Nigeria as a refined petroleum product importer, the foreign oil trader (cargo importer) appoints a local port or cargo agent who swings into action to berth the vessel on behalf of the foreign trader depending on PPMC drawn program for discharge of the cargo on board.
When the cargo agent is nominated by local petroleum marketer, the agent awaits program or direct instruction from the client,-petroleum marketer prior swinging into action for either berthing, discharge and cast off of vessel from berth upon completion of discharge..
Ship owners and not owners of cargo on board the vessel but sometimes employ the services of agents. These agents are nominated by ship owners to handle concerns between the ship and port or government officials like the Nigeria Immigration Service, The Nigeria Port Health, Nigeria Customs Service and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA). They handle all ship and not cargo related challenges on behalf of ship owners. As soon as an agent is nominated by ship owners as their agent under a voyage or time charter, that agent automatically becomes their ship’s protective and husbanding agent and it does not matter if the nominated ship agent had earlier been nominated by charterer as a cargo agent of same vessel for same call or voyage. The agent can be both cargo agent nominated by the charterer and a ship protective agent at the same time nut nominated by the shipowner. The agent in this situation charges both the ship owner and the cargo owner differently on same voyage. All nominated NNPC/PPMC cargo agents have two (2) years each or less running contracts with NNPC/PPMC and this does not stop them from being nominated agent as well by other stakeholders like the oil traders.
Apart from the NNPC/PPMC 2,000 us dollars agency fees to PPMC appointed agents per voyage for vessels under their fleet, these agents charge other clients between 2,000 to 2,500 us dollars per vessel, per call excluding other statutory port charges, receipted and un-receipted operational expenses depending on the programmed jetty for discharge.

Your questions if necessary and your contributions if you so desire will be appreciated.

I will be right back.

Tanker2020
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 10:10pm On May 30, 2020
Quite a number of them. Matrix Energy a Nigerian indigenous Petroleum company own and at the same time are the operators of Matrix Pride, Matrix Asa, Matrix Triumph and Matrix S. Ilu. There are other locally owned vessels like MT Oluwaseun, MT Ayodeji, MT SL Aremu just to mention a few of them.
NairalandAngel:

Are there any Nigerian companies that actually own tankers?
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 10:19pm On May 30, 2020
tanker2020:
Quite a number of them. Matrix Energy a Nigerian indigenous Petroleum company own and at the same time are the operators of Matrix Pride, Matrix Asa, Matrix Triumph and Matrix S. Ilu. There are other locally owned vessels like MT Oluwaseun, MT Ayodeji owned by Azimuth shipping , MT SL Aremu just to mention a few of them.
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
In the year 2013, I had a conversation with a colleague of mine when we were still employees of one of the leading Tanker Shipping logistics companies in the country. He called me on a rainy afternoon and asked; Mr, are you aware that a time will come when we will leave this company either together or individually? With downcast eyes, I said in my mind; ‘you must be joking’. Apart from feeling sad and despondent, I was equally shocked hearing that from him because the company back then was my present and my future. I became curious and probed further for clarifications on his statement. That was the exact moment he said; we will either be sacked or be poached; the company can be liquidated or we resign voluntarily. This conversation made a lot of sense to me only two years after as we both no longer work for that organization today. “This goes to tell us that our present is sure but our future irrespective of where we are at the moment is filled with uncertainties.”
Assuming you are jobless at the moment or you are an employee of an organization or could it be that you are the owner or co-owner of that lucrative business venture, my question to you is this; what could be possibly wrong should you decide to try something new but with a very high possibility of raking in much more than what you earn at the moment, or that new thing that could possibly take you to a much higher position financially speaking?
In all, there is nothing wrong if you decide to get information stored up in your business idea bank because you never can tell when they might be useful.
. Who is still in this with me so we can proceed ?
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by FELOPH1(m): 4:42am On Jun 04, 2020
Following
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 06, 2020
Proceed Sir..highly educative..
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by Peterpan222(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2020
Followkng sir
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by kabiru190: 10:45am On Jun 06, 2020
make money watching advert, very simple and easy
you can withdraw your money through master card or local bank
follow this link and thank me later

https://imivideon.xyz/149080445989967/
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by tanker2020: 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
Glad some are still with me on this. The information i have is highly educative for empowerment not for entertainment.

4. STEVEDORING SERVICES
The Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) usually give opportunities through tenders for stevedore companies to submit an expression of interest for possible contract award to render stevedore services at all Nigeria Port Authority pilotage district. As soon as contract is awarded to applicants, NPA assign jetties to the stevedoring companies.
The stevedoring companies perform watch dog services on behalf of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA). They are appointed to oversee and ensure that what is expected to discharge or load at berth or terminal is dully followed as per the discharge or loading program. During discharge of vessels at berth, the stevedore company awarded the contract for that berth sends a representative for monitoring and taking records of the actual cargo loaded or discharged. This information is immediately sent to their principal; NPA. The stevedoring companies employs the services of dock labour to carry out some of their duties such as the watchmen or gangway men on board. These men take record of every embarkation and disembarkation of persons off vessels. Sometimes, in few of the jetties, they are responsible for the connection and disconnection of cargo hoses.
There is an approved NPA rate used to calculate the mouth watering pay of stevedores. The cost for the services of Stevedores is borne by petroleum marketers through their agents and Nigeria Ports Authority when their vessels are taken to terminals for loading and discharge.
All you need to be a stevedore is to register a company, wait and monitor when the NPA tender opportunity will be open for stevedoring companies to throw in their expression of interest. As soon as this is done with little follow-up, you can clinch the contract and join the lots who make a killing in the industry.

Tanker 2020
Re: Make A Killing In The Nigerian Petroleum Downstream Sector This Season ! by peacenaija(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
SavageResponse:

It is not only foreign companies that are licenced to trade crude oil in Nigeria.

Have you heard of Levene Energy before?

How good is the company? Is it a nice coy to work with? I am in talks with them for a role but im really not putting my mind into it because it’s not well known in oil & gas
Cc tanker2020

(1) (Reply)

86fb Recovery / International Selling Price For AGO And Kerosin (DPK) / This Is Big Business For Supermarket Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.