Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Thread For Ielts Band 9 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Ielts Band 9 (2147 Views)

Nigerians To Pay N107,500 For IELTS From September 2023 / Thread For OET Candidates / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Ielts Band 9 by 2funkyy(f): 9:20am On May 30, 2020
Please I just want to find out, if its possible to get a band 9 and how to go about it. I have been practicing with ieltsonline.com, but the mock tests are harder than the cambridge sample tests and its confusing me.I am taking the general training tests.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by kevwemanuel: 9:14pm On May 30, 2020
What do you need a band 9 for? I dont think there is any organization on earth that insists on band 9. You should work towards the band requirement of the organization that request for it; usually between 5 to 8.
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by SomeHenro: 10:03pm On May 30, 2020
2funkyy:
Please I just want to find out, if its possible to get a band 9 and how to go about it. I have been practicing with ieltsonline.com, but the mock tests are harder than the cambridge sample tests and its confusing me.I am taking the general training tests.
I will encourage you to attend a physical class in any IELTS tutorial Centres close to you. I was studying online and was finding it difficult but immediately I joined a class in Abuja, it was simplified and made easier for me. I attended the class for 4 weeks and I was about writing the Exams before Lockdown disrupted the Exams

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by mztatobey: 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
You can send a DM, I can guide you through
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by 2funkyy(f): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
It is possible to get at least band 8, just download all the Cambridge IELTS Practice test 11,12,and 13 for Reading and Listening, while for writing watch ieltsonline.com videos and for speaking watch Jay from E2language.com videos on YouTube.
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by salford1: 12:55am On Jul 04, 2020
2funkyy:
It is possible. My wife got overall 9 on IELTS General (for federal skill worker, now express entry) and overall 8.5 in IELTS Academics (for professional licensing) back in 2011. All she used was downloaded materials from google for both exams. She also spent about 3 weeks of consistent studying on each exam.
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by 2funkyy(f): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2020
2funkyy:
It is possible to get at least band 8, just download all the Cambridge IELTS Practice test 11,12,and 13 for Reading and Listening, while for writing watch ieltsonline.com videos and for speaking watch Jay from E2language.com videos on YouTube.

Sorry for the writing it is ieltsonlinetests.com they have free videos and wonderful paid review of your writing that can help improve your score.
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by ennygal: 5:43am On Jul 16, 2020
Can you link me up with your wife. I also need a maximum score for ielts. Help a sister please. I will be writing by August by God's grace. Thanks in advance
salford1:

It is possible. My wife got overall 9 on IELTS General (for federal skill worker, now express entry) and overall 8.5 in IELTS Academics (for professional licensing) back in 2011. All she used was downloaded materials from google for both exams. She also spent about 3 weeks of consistent studying on each exam.
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by boyo44: 2:13am On Jul 24, 2020
please i need an advice on which is the best to go for between paper base and computer base...help a brother please
Re: Thread For Ielts Band 9 by 2funkyy(f): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2020
boyo44:
please i need an advice on which is the best to go for between paper base and computer base...help a brother please

I prefer paper based because you have 10 minutes extra time to copy your answers to the answer sheet for the listening exam, but the CBE will give you 5 minutes or less

(1) (Reply)

How's Life In Southeast London For Africans/nigerians? / How To Get To Ikotun / My Visa To Europe Is 100% Guaranteed See What I Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.