Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,221 members, 7,842,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase (70220 Views)

Dstv, Gotv Customers To Experience Downtime For 3days Due To Lagos-calabar Road / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Rexnegro(m): 11:02pm On May 31, 2020
juvewalex:
We can't do Jack about it , we be mugu I swear .
e dey pain me ehn say we be mumu to outsiders in this country milking us like multichoice MTN etc

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by kodemann: 11:30pm On May 31, 2020
Nigerians can fight over nonsense.

DSTV is a private business and can fix prices as they want. The protest should be against the Nigerian government that aids and abets criminal monopoly by not taking action to create an environment for healthy competition in the sector.

Sorry Nigerians, until you wake up, you will keep getting fkcd by this company where the sun don't shine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by annford: 12:28am On Jun 01, 2020
femi214:

Can you share your knowledge about this?

I have a Technician friend who had told me I was spending so much on DSTV. He advised I buy a Free-to-air satellite dish. I asked him how it worked and how much it would cost and he said it would cost me roughly 12k to buy and install at my place and that a dish would give me access to over 100 channels. I gave him the money and he bought the dish. After the installation, we discovered I had access to 147 channels. He then told me I could get so much more if I bought yet another dish and got the two connected. I immediately gave him money for another dish and he bought it and combined the two and the number of channels I had access to seemed endless. Please note, you don't get to watch any terrestrial television channel. Everything you get is international. Just go to where brand new Electronics are sold, ask them if they have Free-to-air dish and they'd explain more to you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by annford: 12:31am On Jun 01, 2020
femi214:

Can you share your knowledge about this?

Someone I know bought 2 dishes and got them installed just before the lockdown, here in Abuja. The guy spend 15k for everything including installation. He said he had well over 350 channels on.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 1:43am On Jun 01, 2020
athaboi:
I don't know for those guys really.. increasing tariff at the wrong time
They can't continue to bear the burden of VAT
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by athaboi(f): 5:47am On Jun 01, 2020
edoairways:

They can't continue to bear the burden of VAT
DStv staff, thank you... wetting concern you shebi na may dem pay you your salary. We don hear
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Thomthom(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2020
flokii:
Why can't NCC stop DSTV/GoTv from cheating Nigerians?

We've said it times without number that the South African company should embrace "Pay as you go" system of billing just like it is in SA and other sane climes.

Why increase tariff when people hardly get value for the money they pay. This rubbish has to stop.
After sub of 1,900 on the 4th our transformer blow since 4th till now no light... my 1,900 just enter river
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Thomthom(m): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2020
HeadShot:

See them.... Shameless things..
Defending evil only makes people see you for what you truly are...

Imagine paying for a month subscription and your street transformer goes off for two weeks..

Everywhere its pay as you use.. Except in this hell hole full of evil doers... Spits
After sub on the 4th of may transformer blow on the 5th today Na June 1st no light still who loose
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2020
athaboi:
DStv staff, thank you... wetting concern you shebi na may dem pay you your salary. We don hear
You can switch to another cable tv, it is not a must you must use dstv

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by athaboi(f): 9:15am On Jun 01, 2020
edoairways:

You can switch to another cable tv, it is not a must you must use dstv
can you tell me your name?? Your full name please
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2020
athaboi:
can you tell me your name?? Your full name please
What do you need for if I may ask?
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Psoul(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2020
flokii:
Why can't NCC stop DSTV/GoTv from cheating Nigerians?

We've said it times without number that the South African company should embrace "Pay as you go" system of billing just like it is in SA and other sane climes.

Why increase tariff when people hardly get value for the money they pay. This rubbish has to stop

I think the question should be: Why can't our government stop cheating us.
A man that beats his wife publicly and treats her like a filthy rag is creating a way for ppl out there to treat the wife even worst.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2020
picaso313:
nah only online we sabi protest.. Nigerians are cowards... see US as every body comot to protest killing of black person oo the whole US shake.. if nah Naija... those when no get money buy dstv go say e no concern me but they forget tomorrow they will buy n face it.. those that have the dstv will say abeg nah just 1000naira them add nothing spoil.. forgetting say nah from clap them take dey enter dance... we need to change

Of all things to protest for . . . DSTV?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by athaboi(f): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
edoairways:

What do you need for if I may ask?
you need to be sacked for not being professional with your comments
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
athaboi:
you need to be sacked for not being professional with your comments
For saying the truth to you I suppose. Smh
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by athaboi(f): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
edoairways:

For saying the truth to you I suppose. Smh
No
For being rude to your customer..I know about other product before opting for yours
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by edoairways: 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
athaboi:
No
For being rude to your customer..I know about other product before opting for yours
If what you mean when I suggested you opt in for other services aside dstv as rude them we have a long way to go as a country. You should be able to figure it if am a staff to multi choice or not
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by NickMark1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Where d hell is Tstv sef
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by NickMark1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
Where the hell is Tstv sef??
bencobenz:
I don't blame them, I blame Tstv.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by ceaser: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
mamatwiny:

Please does mytv or startimes have Disney junior?

kikero:

I don't think either does.

Startimes has a couple of interesting kids channels in the full dish bouquet (3k8 per month).

ST Kids
Toonami
Nickelodeon
Mindset learn
JimJam
Baby TV
Canal J

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by bencobenz(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
NickMark1:
Where the hell is Tstv sef??
If you ask me, na who I go ask? The matter pass my power o
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Itohan11: 11:22am On Jun 07, 2020
VAT affects all goods and services
https://www.thecable.ng/pay-tv-time-for-pay-per-view

Karlifate:

Nigerians will adjust to the changes & folks that can't afford it will find an alternative.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by Itohan11: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by CaptainFM1: 3:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
teemac01:

if one can afford an android tv box and can get unlimited internet like tzeti or fibreOne broadband...you can kiss dstv goodbye...i use tzeti...i dont watch dstv anymore...go on youtube and check for what is called cutting the cord...i use and app that shows all the premium dstv channels and all i pay is 18$ for 6 months...and 30 for a whole year...with other international channels...i watch all the leagues nba and all...i could attach screen shot if anyone is interested...the world is bigger than watching dstv o....online streaming is the next thing...cable tv is dying.

Please which apps shows all the premium dstv channels, I will like to download them too.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by teemac01(m): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
CaptainFM1:

Please which apps shows all the premium dstv channels, I will like to download them too.

you have to have an android tv box...the download the where the tv app is found...but if you are using an android tv...i can give you the apk
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by CaptainFM1: 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
teemac01:

you have to have an android tv box...the download the where the tv app is found...but if you are using an android tv...i can give you the apk

I already purchased an android TV box waiting for it to arrive. Grateful you recommend the apps I can watch life premiership and all European football games for free or on subscription. Thanks
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by mokarios(m): 8:43am On Jul 03, 2020
Hi, I am interested in this bit of information.
I checked 'cutting the cord' out in Netflix and it's a whole lot of information, hardware and all. You may please do a YouTube video and drop the link, or write an explainer blog post.

Thanks!

teemac01:

if one can afford an android tv box and can get unlimited internet like tzeti or fibreOne broadband...you can kiss dstv goodbye...i use tzeti...i dont watch dstv anymore...go on youtube and check for what is called cutting the cord...i use and app that shows all the premium dstv channels and all i pay is 18$ for 6 months...and 30 for a whole year...with other international channels...i watch all the leagues nba and all...i could attach screen shot if anyone is interested...the world is bigger than watching dstv o....online streaming is the next thing...cable tv is dying.
Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by teemac01(m): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
mokarios:
Hi, I am interested in this bit of information.
I checked 'cutting the cord' out in Netflix and it's a whole lot of information, hardware and all. You may please do a YouTube video and drop the link, or write an explainer blog post.

Thanks!

its not rocket science bro...some youtube vids will just make it look cumbersome but in actual reality it is not...all you will need is

an android tv box(this i have...bought it from china when everything was ok) or android tv(this i dont know much about cause i dont have it)

and then the apk or stbemu you will need to stream all the contents you want..

there are many free service you can try like mobdro and the rest but i don't know if there are some dstv channels there

stable and fast internet...cause without it don't even bother

cause thats where it all balls down to...if the internet is crap you will be frustrated...i can tell because i have experienced it first hand.

netflix servers and youtube servers are not the same as other iptv service providers...that much you should know by now(cant go int too much

detail here)

there is this guy on youtube...you can check his page...he sells the iptv package for 12 dollars a month 10k channels

very worth the price...any channel in the world you want its there...sports and movies also but i must say this again...your internet has to be

topnotch or else dont even bother

the one i am using now is 10$ for 3 months has all the super sport and movie magic and action movies channel u want...

what else do i need dstv for....

the difference between the one i am using and guy on youtube is that one purely high definition(HD) and the other has some hd channels too

hence the reason why i am continually singing better internet connection...

the guys name on youtube is honestfred look him up...if you are satisfied with his content you can proceed to do business with him...he uses

paypal for his transaction so you know...anymore info you need let me know

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by mokarios(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
I am most grateful.
Thanks!
teemac01:

its not rocket science bro...some youtube vids will just make it look cumbersome but in actual reality it is not...all you will need is

an android tv box(this i have...bought it from china when everything was ok) or android tv(this i dont know much about cause i dont have it)

and then the apk or stbemu you will need to stream all the contents you want..

there are many free service you can try like mobdro and the rest but i don't know if there are some dstv channels there

stable and fast internet...cause without it don't even bother

cause thats where it all balls down to...if the internet is crap you will be frustrated...i can tell because i have experienced it first hand.

netflix servers and youtube servers are not the same as other iptv service providers...that much you should know by now(cant go int too much

detail here)

there is this guy on youtube...you can check his page...he sells the iptv package for 12 dollars a month 10k channels

very worth the price...any channel in the world you want its there...sports and movies also but i must say this again...your internet has to be

topnotch or else dont even bother

the one i am using now is 10$ for 3 months has all the super sport and movie magic and action movies channel u want...

what else do i need dstv for....

the difference between the one i am using and guy on youtube is that one purely high definition(HD) and the other has some hd channels too

hence the reason why i am continually singing better internet connection...

the guys name on youtube is honestfred look him up...if you are satisfied with his content you can proceed to do business with him...he uses

paypal for his transaction so you know...anymore info you need let me know

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by teemac01(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
mokarios:
I am most grateful.
Thanks!

TODAYS GAMES

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by teemac01(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
MORE

Re: Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase by teemac01(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
over 8k channels

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Our Own Area Cartoon Series. / #BBNaija: Miracle And Nina Kiss & Romance In The Shower (Photos) / BBNaija: Miracle And Nina Have Sex 'Birthday Sex Gift"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.