Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know (2583 Views)

UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding / Stop Saying "Up Nepa", This Is The Correct English To Use / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:21am On May 31, 2020
What is the correct answer to this Brain twister? Lol

Lalasticlala if you will, please move to FP for wider view. I need the correct answer with good explanations why it is one and not the other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:28am On May 31, 2020
Where are those scholars in the house? Oya the time has come o. Let's see who's the smartest.

Don't shy away. Please.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:30am On May 31, 2020
Lol....I see many taking a peek and quietly leaving. Buahahahahaaaa... Wau. grin
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:34am On May 31, 2020
Orange is an ambigous word it can be used as the name of a fruit and also it is the name of a colour.

4 Likes

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:39am On May 31, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Orange is an ambigous word it can be used as the name of a fruit and also it is the name of a colour.

Nice try. but you're left with only two options to chose from in this case. So its either one or the other.

How is "Orange" an ambiguous word? Its a very simple word that even babies can understand. So?? grin
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:43am On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

Nice try. but you're left with only two options to chose from in this case. So its either one or the other.

How is "Orange" an ambiguous word? Its a very simple word that even babies can understand. So?? grin
Ambigous means it has more than one use as a word it does not have a single meaning and usage. You can use orange to refer to the colour and you can also use it to refer to the fruit.

3 Likes

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:46am On May 31, 2020
Gold is (a) a metal (b) colour

The appearance of gold produced the idea of the colour.
One is a cause, the other is the effect.
I will go for the option "metal"
Likewise the better answer to yours is fruit because the colour "orange" is coined from the appearance of an orange when it is ripe.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:48am On May 31, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Ambigous means it has more than one use as a word it does not have a single meaning and usage. You can use orange to refer to the colour and you can also use it to refer to the fruit.

Ok you mean like having many interpretations to it? Ok I get. But in this case, you're to chose only one. Reasons you have options a, and b. Of course you can t have two answers and from the your explanation you're choosing both answers.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:54am On May 31, 2020
muyoge:

Likewise the better answer to yours is fruit because the colour "orange" is coined from the appearance of an orange when it is ripe.

Wow.. Good explanation! Yes! Sounds more convincing in the mean time.

Let's get more answers to see if any tops this. For now, i ll go with your answer. cheesy
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:54am On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

Ok you mean like having many interpretations to it? Ok I get. But in this case, you're to chose only one. Reasons you have options a, and b. Of course you can t have two answers and from the your explanation you're choosing both answers.
yeah.

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Tolulopefinest(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2020
muyoge:

Wow. This man deserve a Medal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 31, 2020
Tolulopefinest:

Wow. This man deserve a Medal

Yeah he sure does and still remains top until someone else proves otherwise.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nicklaus619(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
Orange is a fruit before it is use to describe a colour
Just as berry is a fruit before it could be use to describe a colour

In simple terms
the colour orange is named after the appearance of the ripe orange fruit. The word comes from the Old French orange, from the old term for the fruit, pomme d'orange
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by cassbeat(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2020
Orange is a fruit case closed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 31, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Orange is a fruit before it is use to describe a colour
Just as berry is a fruit before it could be use to describe a colour

In simple terms
the colour orange is named after the appearance of the ripe orange fruit. The word comes from the Old French orange, from the old term for the fruit, pomme d'orange

Yeah!
Correct!

So we can say since the color originated from the shade of the fruit which has been in existence with the name "Orange", that makes "orange">= fruit, the correct answer. cheesy

Thanks guys for the breakdown. Very insightful. grin

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by NDSMELODY(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:
What's is the correct answer to this Brain twister? Lol

Lalasticlala if you will, please move to FP for wider view. I need the correct answer with good explanations why it is one and not the other.
orange is a colour,the collective scientific name of such is CITRUS. when this citrus fruit is ripe it takes the colour of orange that is why people call it orange fruit instead of citrus as scientific name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nicklaus619(m): 2:43pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

Yeah!
Correct!

So we can say since the color originated from the shade of the fruit which has been in existence with the name "Orange", that makes "orange">= fruit, the correct answer. cheesy

Thanks guys for the breakdown. Very insightful. grin

You are welcome deary cool

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 31, 2020
NDSMELODY:
orange is a colour,the collective scientific name of such is CITRUS. when this citrus fruit is ripe it takes the colour of orange that is why people call it orange fruit instead of citrus as scientific name

Wao.. Another contradictory analysis.

So, if we are to look at it this way, are you saying color existed before fruits? Cos now you're going into the science aspect of it.

Which existed first?

Mind you citrus is a botanical generic name for orange family and has nothing to do with this question as we are not after classification of fruits.

If you can tell which existed before the other, I think there lies your answer.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by ibnzubair(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2020
Why can't there be two answers? Because you said so?

Well, if you must, by the origin of the word, the word 'orange' was first used to refer to the fruit.

The color was initially referred to as 'yellow-red' or 'red-yellow'

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 31, 2020
ibnzubair:
Why can't there be two answers? Because you said so?

Well, if you must, by the origin of the word, the word 'orange' was first used to refer to the fruit.

The color was initially referred to as 'yellow-red' or 'red-yellow'

Yeah. thats true..

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by sureteeboy(m): 8:57pm On May 31, 2020
muyoge:

Gbam! The straightforward answer is just to examine Which came first out of the two descriptions, and it's definitely the fruit.

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 31, 2020
[quote author=sureteeboy post=90172974]
Gbam! The straightforward answer is just to examine Which came first out of the two descriptions, and it's definitely the fruit.[/quote]

Exactly my point.

1 Like

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Novemberaura(m): 9:19pm On May 31, 2020
both options are correct
op is a... a. female b. lady c. woman
one option doesn't contradict the other rather it compliments it
cheers!!!
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 31, 2020
Novemberaura:
both options are correct

op is a...
a. female
b. lady
c. woman

one option doesn't contradict the other rather it compliments it

cheers!!!

Nope. Not the same. The options in the question are not of the same class or nature but your options are of the same class. So it doesn't correlate with the puzzle at hand.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Novemberaura(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

Nope. Not the same. The options in the question are not of the same class or nature but your options are of the same class. So it doesn't correlate with the puzzle at hand.

said this after reading comments...

I partly second the comment that orange is a fruit before a colour

was just trying to say to add something.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by visiondee(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2020
My own answer na= Orange is a colour of fruit called orange grin grin grin Abeg no ask me how I take geh ma answer... For my mind I know say I get ahm

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 31, 2020
Novemberaura:

said this after reading comments...

I partly second the comment that orange is a fruit before a colour

was just trying to say to add something.

Okeydokey. grin
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 31, 2020
visiondee:
My own answer na= Orange is a colour of fruit called orange grin grin grin Abeg no ask me how I take geh ma answer... For my mind I know say I get ahm

Buahahahahaaaa o my gosh grin
Infact you got Odo over 1 million.
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Froshloaded: 10:11pm On May 31, 2020
Orange is a fruit na
Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 31, 2020
Froshloaded:
Orange is a fruit na

Correct!
But you didn't explain how and why it's a fruit and not a color, let's see if you have a different view that could be more convincing. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by visiondee(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2020
Eulalia:

Buahahahahaaaa o my gosh grin
Infact you got Odo over 1 million.
Infactically... I get ahm for my mind but na you just use your mind give the odo

Re: Very Hilarious But Begs For The Correct Answer!!! Say If You Know by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 31, 2020
visiondee:
Infactically... I get ahm for my mind but na you just use your mind give the odo

Lol... I like this your ichie ogbotor meme. Really no time to check your odo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {literature Thread} / Top 5 Medical Universities In Nigeria (must Read) / You Will Probably Get A Job At Google If You Can Solve This Puzzles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.