Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,968 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

My NOSE Can't Even Get Through - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My NOSE Can't Even Get Through (175 Views)

Lol. I Can't Even, You Guys.... / God Can't Even Come Close To Africa, It's Dirty - Aroms / Foools Can't Even See He Is The Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My NOSE Can't Even Get Through by davidinchrist(m): 9:31pm On May 31, 2020
I would like to share this comment of mine on the question about whether a Christian can be 'VERY' WEALTHY and still be Real:

It's 'possible', but TERRIBLY UNLIKELY.

It's possible in a situation where a person who's already a Billionaire or something may hear and get very challenged by God's Word, and then becomes a FEARER God; leading to a genuine REPENTANCE and CONVERSION (now, even this illustration is very UNLIKELY too).

It's Extremely Unlikely because even Jesus said:

Matthew 19:24 KJV
And again I say unto you, It is EASIER for a CAMEL to go "through" the EYE OF A NEEDLE, than for a RICH MAN TO ENTER INTO the Kingdom of God.

Now, I have a feeling that the Camel would say, "Huh, boy, I can't even get my NOSE THROUGH this Needle's Eye, let alone my whole BODY!"

The Rich Man in that passage WENT AWAY from Jesus "sorrowful" because:

Matthew 19:22 KJV
But when the young man HEARD that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had GREAT POSSESSIONS.

Even though he was the one that came running to Jesus saying:

Matthew 19:16 KJV
... Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have ETERNAL LIFE?

Jesus didn't REBUKE him, but told him to keep the 10 commandments; yet he said:

Matthew 19:20 KJV
The young man saith unto him, All these things have I KEPT from my youth up: WHAT LACK I YET?

Then Jesus held up the Needle's Eye/Price for Perfection--New Covenant (Discipleship: To Follow Jesus):

Matthew 19:21 KJV
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be PERFECT, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt HAVE TREASURE in heaven: AND COME and FOLLOW ME.

Please note, "go and sell" is NOT always for Everybody, but to "follow me" (being a disciple of Jesus--is for All believers).

Main Point : It's "quite" possible BEFORE the New Testament (before the death and resurrection of Jesus), but as said before, it's extremely UNLIKELY in the New Covenant.

All Rich People in terms of Money, Possessions, Position, Knowledge, Religion, Educational Qualifications, etc will most likely be VICTIMS OF "THE CAMEL'S SITUATION": Whose Nose CANNOT Even Get Through, Let alone...

It was easier for the Old like: Job, Abraham, Joseph, Saul, David; and especially SOLOMON (even old prophets like Elijah, etc were NOT really rich physically BUT spiritually).

However, NOT "necessarily" for the NEW like: Jesus, Paul, Peter (he even told the Man at the Gate that he had no Sliver and Gold, but STAND UP AND WALK, WOW!)

So, am I insinuating that a Disciple of Jesus/New Covenant Person MUST BE POOR to please God?

No, wrong! Nothing doing...

The New Testament NEITHER teaches Riches NOR Poverty.

It teaches "CONTENTMENT" (Whether Rich or relatively Poor).

Matthew 6:11 KJV
Give us this day our DAILY BREAD.

Our Daily Bread (Needs), NOT Daily Ice Cream (not necessarily WANTS)

Finally:
Please, chew over these:

PAUL
Phil.4.11 - Not that I was ever IN NEED, for I have LEARNED how to get along HAPPILY WHETHER I have MUCH OR LITTLE.

Phil.4.12 - I KNOW HOW to live on almost NOTHING or with EVERYTHING. I have learned the SECRET of living in every situation, whether it is with a FULL STOMACH or EMPTY, with "plenty or little."

Phil.4.13 - For I CAN DO EVERYTHING with the help of Christ who gives me the STRENGTH I NEED.

Matthew 6:33 KJV
But seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of God, and his Righteousness; and ALL THESE THINGS (needs, verse 32) shall be ADDED unto you.

Matthew 6:20-21 KJV
But LAY UP for yourselves treasures in heaven (**unlike the Rich MAN that went away), ...

[21] For WHERE YOUR TREASURE is, there will your HEART be also.

So, we should submit to God's will to determine our situations.

Not "many" can accept this teaching, but this the New Covenant Life/Needle's Eye/Discipleship/The Narrow Way that leads to Eternal Life. (See what happened in John 6:66)

Let's Beware of the BROAD WAY of "many" Men/Churches.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: My NOSE Can't Even Get Through by petra1(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
Having wealth is not.wrong as a Christian. What is wrong is lack of sharing it in benevolence
Re: My NOSE Can't Even Get Through by davidinchrist(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2020
1 Timothy 6:6 KJV
But godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain.

(1) (Reply)

Can God Forgive Satan / Prayers For Our Leaders / Trusting God In Every Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.