Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs (7576 Views)

“obedience Is Better Than Sack Of Rice” – Joke Silva’s Daughter-in-law / Met Police, Khafi Who Faces The Sack Over BBNaija Sex Storm Flies Back To UK / Sack Stephanie Busari - Kemi Olunloyo To CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by oluwafemme129(m): 10:29am On Jun 01, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the removal of all the service chiefs and an announcement is expected anytime from now.

Those set to be replaced, according to sources from the presidency, are the Chief of Defence Staff, Abayomi Olonisakin, 57; Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, 59; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, 59; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, 59.

There have been calls to replace the chiefs, who were appointed by the president in July 2015, due to the lapses in the war against the Boko Haram, as well as the rising insecurity across the country, particularly in northern Nigeria.

According to our sources; “The President has signed off on their removal. An announcement is imminent… Not in weeks but in days. I believe the timing will be right after we’ve marked Inauguration Day. The NSA, General Babagana Monguno, may be affected in the shake-up as well,” one of the presidency sources said, asking not to be named because of the sensitivity of the subject.

According to the Armed Forces Terms and Conditions of Service, all four were due for replacement in July 2017, having met the threshold for retirement but the president had been encouraged by his now deceased Chief of Staff, Mallam Abba Kyari, to keep them on the job despite protests from the public and the military.

The President appears to have caved in to pressure and counsel from his new Chief of Staff, Professor Ibrahim Gambari, as well as domestic aides, who had previously unsuccessfully canvassed for their removal.

Olonisakin has spent 38 years in service, Buratai 36 years, Ekwe Ibas 36 years and Abubakar 40 years.

Section 8 of the public service rules stipulates that the compulsory retirement age for all grades in the service shall be 60 years or 35 years of pensionable service, whichever is earlier.

“No officer shall be allowed to remain in service after attaining the retirement age of 60 years or 35 years of pensionable service whichever is earlier,” according to the public service manual.

1 Like

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by donbachi(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2020
Too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by ghettokid1(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2020
How true is this news

1 Like

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by ghettokid1(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2020
donbachi:
Too late.
Medicine after death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by uboma(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2020
ghettokid1:
How true is this news

Fake news until it happens......

1 Like

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by ojun50(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2020
There remover is useless now.. Buhair should resign that all

1 Like

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by simultaneousboi(m): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
Are you sure? Anyway, I pray it's true
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Ladiesdoctor(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
That one no concern me. My concern is, long
ago. I usually disturb my neighbour by
pressing their bell and run away. Till it got
faulty and i touched it and it shocked
me.
I decided, it will not be only me that will get
the electric shock . So I called my short
friend Abu to press the bell . His hands was
not able to reach the bell, so I carried him
up, both of us receive the shocking of our
life. Hmmmm.
What happened that day change my life.
Since then I have never touch anything bell
again... Cowbell, door bell, churcbell, house
bell, school bell, even jingle bell jingle bell...
Don't sing it please. I don't even like the
name, Abel, Anabel, Mabel, Mirabel and
Christabel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Realresk(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Till I see replacement.. I wont say a word cool
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by 21savages: 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ladiesdoctor:
That one no concern me. My concern is, long
ago. I usually disturb my neighbour by
pressing their bell and run away. Till it got
faulty and i touched it and it shocked
me.
I decided, it will not be only me that will get
the electric shock . So I called my short
friend Abu to press the bell . His hands was
not able to reach the bell, so I carried him
up, both of us receive the shocking of our
life. Hmmmm.
What happened that day change my life.
Since then I have never touch anything bell
again... Cowbell, door bell, churcbell, house
bell, school bell, even jingle bell jingle bell...
Don't sing it please. I don't even like the
name, Abel, Anabel, Mabel, Mirabel and
Christabel.
Sori not funi, pls try again.
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by 21savages: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
I dnt knw how true dis news is buh buratai shld jst go has been doing nothing since 2015.
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by worldbest01(f): 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rubish !!!
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by nonmonk(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
9 Reasons Why People Give Up Easily On Relationships

Relationships can be quite challenging to deal with and may require a lot of effort. As a result of this, people have started to find it easier to give up on relationships rather than making it work out. Moreover, with the burgeoning break up trend, people’s faith in long term relationships is only fading out.
To look at the trend of breaking up more closely, here are the reasons why people find it easy to give up on relationships.

https://nonimonk..com/2020/05/9-reasons-why-people-give-up-easily-on.html?m=1
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
The best historic gift Buhari would offer Nigerians is his resignation as president of the uneasy to solve nation.

He is a victim of decayed system because he inherited the economic woes. He has exhausted all his clues because integrity and problem solving talents are totally different. He lacks the skills.

Resign peacefully.
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Raeheemwayne: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Oga Bubu you can do as it pleases You - We're all tired.
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
Fake news by ipob media.
No source attached sef.
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by mach7(m): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
This is long overdue, we need fresh ideas in countering our security challenges.

OP, no sauce o grin wink
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by BanevsJoker(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
How did the Navy guy meet the minimum height requirement?
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by bayotwice(f): 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
tongue
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Bimpe29: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
Their continued stay in office even as I'm replying to this thread is indicative of Buhari's mediocrity.
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Sabadon(m): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2020
lets see how far
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Kobicove(m): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2020
What is the source of this news?
Re: Finally Buhari Approves The Sack Of Service Chiefs by Kobicove(m): 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
BanevsJoker:
How did the Navy guy meet the minimum height requirement?

I'm also wondering the same

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Rapper Remy Ma Boobs Poping Out Of Dress At BET Award / Meet Emily Faye, The White Mother Of Yoruba Actress, Adunni Ade (photos) / Photos From Monalisa Chinda's Daughter's Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.