Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned (2064 Views)

George Floyd's Death: Thousands Join UK Protest / George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) / George Floyd: Minnesota Police Officers Fired After Death Of Unarmed Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2020
Seeing protests from non African countries is a slap on all black Nation.
Sometimes I wonder how black people, black leaders think, are they really enjoying the fact that black is the most backward poverty ridden race.
George was a black man, and white people are fighting for justice for him, but his own people, his root are acting unconcerned.
Its hightime black people knew that no matter where you are from, once you are black, you are looked at as a black man.
I know many backward thinking racist African would come here to say what have we done about other killings in Nigeria, bla bla bla, little did they know that, this case is Duff, its like giving power to black people all over from being seen as not better than animal, most of them would pray to travel to America and you all have people there, those cops would do thesame for you in a blink of eyes because you are no different than the Black Americans.

Another thing is that these kind of solidarity gives respect to Nations, and make people see them as good people.
Why do you think America poke noses in other countries war, attempting to settle rifts? Why do you think all these countries are intrested in other countries problem? Do you think they do not have their own problems? Does it mean that when you settle a rift between two friends, does it mean you and your friends are rift free?

Africans are only intrested in TAKING and not giving and that is why, we would always be disrespected everywhere, because people look down on beggars naturally.
What would cost African leaders to condemn the act publicly, even if they are going to do it just codedly because maybe, they fear the Almighty US of A, and the Almighty Donald of Trump.
I'm not asking specifically for protest, but at least there are peaceful ways our leaders could at least show they care for their fellow black skin people.
This is why some African American dislike Africans so much, we are very selfish, Judgy and weak. And maybe thats Why we have no respect in any part of the world, the CHINA would mistreat us, the Indians, all over the world, the black people are seen as inferior.
The fact that you are poor is not a reason not to give, and feel entitled always. Even poor people have something to give, just like joining this solidarity won't cost them anything, at least it would show that you care.

These are part of the psychological reasons of BLACK disrespect all over the world.

Carry another mans problem on Head and your own in Nylon bag is one of the Nigerian way of justifying not helping others or offering to help.
My Question is since you have been doing that, how many of your problems is now solved?.
Its none of your concern what's happening in America, but your mothers are at home praying for miracles for you to travel to thesame America that you feel nothing for? You all are hypocrites and selfish
This is thesame thing you would say if a tribe is having a problem, you will claim to have more problems with your own tribe and thus feel unconcerned, if its thesame tribe but another state, you will say thesame, if it is same state but a different town, you will say thesame, if it is thesame town and not thesame family you will say thesame, and thats how you will continue with your excuses, and still remain with your problems you claimed to be tackling and reason for feeling unconcerned.

Your mothers and forefathers were busy praying to travel to same US they are unconcerned for. You want to have your medical care abroad, school your children abroad and yet, you do not care what they feel. If black people never fought for their rights and freedom, would you even be able to do that without having a racist medic inject you with death injection? Or you think walking freely in American street with peace wasn't a war that was once fought. You want to eat where you did not sow
If your fathers and forefathers are doing something but haven't gained from it, its enough reason to not repeat thesame thing.
But Africans would prefer to hold on to that claiming its their forefathers way of doing things

The image attached here is to show how caring for others could pay you in future. The Mexicans joined in solidarity because black people stood with them. Will you say the blacks never had problems when they protested in support of the Mexicans?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2020
Solidarity with George Floyd
The reason you can walk freely in the street of America, is because of the fight of some black people. The reason you can school, get jobs, happy to bring your family along is because of the fight of some people. If they didn't fight for their freedom today, you would probably be highly affected with racism as well when you get to America, maybe a racist doctor would angrily inject you and your baby when you leave Nigeria to giving birth there and not just that, he would go scot free, maybe charged for a third degree murder like George Floyd's murderer, and have his fellow racist doctors watch him as he inject you and your new baby.

I still don't understand how you all want to go to the US, even in local religious centers, the prayers of mothers praying for their children to travel abroad can be quite heard, and yet, you do not care about injustice/stand in solidarity with your fellow black men

Feeling unconcerned and wanting to eat from America is selfishness. Tell your mothers and well wishers to stop praying for stepping in US

The image attached here is to show how caring for others could pay you in future. The Mexicans joined in solidarity because black people stood with them. Will you say the blacks never had problems when they protested in support of the Mexicans?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2020
Protest?

Don't you think African countries have got enough problems already to deal with.

6 Likes

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

Everyone has been talking about George Floyd on social and mainstream media. Obviously the world is heartbroken... But I am sure by the time people start protesting in Africa and our own black police start shooting our very own black people, the hypocrisy of Africans would show and it'd reflect how bad the society is over here...

I think the protest should be limited to where there is a reasonable understanding of the value of human life.

6 Likes

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Officialgarri: 11:21am On Jun 01, 2020
I know many backward thinking racist African would come here to say what have we done about other killings in Nigeria, bla bla bla, little did they know that, this case is Duff, its like giving power to black people all over from being seen as not better than animal
You are no different from Slimcase. But I'm glad you purposely shot yourself in the leg.

You want blacks to get respect, then fix your own continent first. When you are up and doing as a continent, when your continent stops seeking medical, military and financial aids from the whites, when you are self dependent — no one will see your continent as a backward race.

Blacks won't seek greener pasture over there if your own home us greener.

The whites are no longer pointing guns to your head to enslave you. We are the ones begging for it. We beg for green card. We beg for nationalisation.
Our celebrities run over there to give birth, because they want their black child to be a citizen of the white man's home. If you don't make me a slave, I'll enslave myself

12 Likes

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Everyone has been talking about George Floyd on social and mainstream media. Obviously the world is heartbroken... But I am sure by the time people start protesting in Africa and our own black police start shooting our very own black people, the hypocrisy of Africans would show and it'd reflect how bad the society is over here...

I think the protest should be limited to where there is a reasonable understanding of the value of human life.
Did you read where I wrote your African Leaders?
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 11:31am On Jun 01, 2020
[b][/b]
Officialgarri:

You are no different from Slimcase. But I'm glad you purposely shot yourself in the leg.

You want blacks to get respect, then fix your own continent first. When you are up and doing as a continent, when your continent stops seeking medical, military and financial aids from the whites, when you are self dependent — no one will see your continent as a backward race.

Blacks won't seek greener pasture over there if your own home us greener.

The whites are no longer pointing guns to your head to enslave you. We are the ones begging for it. We beg for green card. We beg for nationalisation.
Our celebrities run over there to give birth, because they want their black child to be a citizen of the white man's home. If you don't make me a slave, I'll enslave myself
Just like you see valid reasons not to join in solidarity for justice, you will see reasons why you shouldn't develop your Nation, and thats why you will remain poverty ridden most backward race on Earth
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Vyzz: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2020
C
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by osamz007: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2020
Tell them to protest against rape, corruption, terrorism, nepotism before they carry anoda man's problem for head

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

Did you read where I wrote your African Leaders?

Yea I think they should condemn it too... But they are also being condemned for acts of abuse against their very own African citizens, still looting national resources and allowing injustice in their own country, so where is the moral ground for them to even condemn America over G. Floyd?

All I am saying in essence is that it'd be hypocritical for any black leader to condemn an act that they willingly allow in their own country, day in day out... They have failed their own people...

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2020
osamz007:
Tell them to protest against rape, corruption, terrorism, nepotism before they carry anoda man's problem for head

Carry another mans problem on Head and your own in Nylon bag is one of the Nigerian way of justifying not helping others or offering to help.
My Question is since you have been doing that, how many of your problems is now solved?.
Its none of your concern what's happening in America, but your mothers are at home praying for miracles for you to travel to thesame America that you feel nothing for? You all are hypocrites and selfish
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Yea I think they should condemn it too... But they are also being condemned for acts of abuse against their very own African citizens, still looting national resources and allowing injustice in their own country, so where is the moral ground for them to even condemn America over G. Floyd?

All I am saying in essence is that it'd be hypocritical for any black leader to condemn an act that they willingly allow in their own country, day in day out... They have failed their own people...
Lol, so you think there wasn't crime in the US before they speak of peace in other countries? If you listen to news, you will see that evils and killings are not just starting in the USA
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

Lol, so you think there wasn't crime in the US before they speak of peace in other countries? If you listen to news, you will see that evils and killings are not just starting in the USA

Ok. You can write the African leaders you know and ask them to condemn. I'm tired of writing jare.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
Iamundisputed:

Ok. You can write the African leaders you know and ask them to condemn. I'm tired of writing jare.
Lol, why won't you. Bunch of selfish beggars busy praying to travel to same US they are unconcerned for. You want to have your medical care abroad, school your children abroad and yet, you do not care what they feel. If black people never fought for their rights and freedom, would you even be able to do that without having a racist medic inject you with death injection? Or you think walking freely in American street with peace wasn't a war that was once fought. You want to eat where you did not sow lol
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
The image attached here is to show how caring for others could pay you in future. The Mexicans joined in solidarity because black people stood with them. Will you say the blacks never had problems when they protested in support of the Mexicans?Stop being selfish, no one would care about you if you don't care about others

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Solidarity for ever
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by osamz007: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

If u say so, since the blacks have been protesting of what better has it been?.

We can't pretend we don't have our own problems to face, that will be hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
osamz007:

If u say so, since the blacks have been protesting of what better has it been?.

We can't pretend we don't have our own problems to face, that will be hypocrisy.
Lol, its not your fault, you don't read,try and read the history of black slaves in the USA.

Since you have been selfishly not helping others because of your problems, what part of your problems have you solved? Aren't they compounding?
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by osamz007: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

Lol, its not your fault, you don't read,try and read the history of black slaves in the USA.

Since you have been selfishly not helping others because of your problems, what part of your problems have you solved? Aren't they compounding?

U fail to see issues with a "bigger eyes"

We've got much issues to handle here , let the blacks over there handle theirs while we handle ours.

When did u see any protest against sars extrajudicial killings going on in U.S.A

I can't keep trading words with you .

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
osamz007:

U fail to see issues with a "bigger eyes"

We've got much issues to handle here , let the blacks over there handle theirs while we handle ours.

When did u see any protest against sars extrajudicial killings going on in U.S.A

I can't keep trading words with you .
I wouldn't have problems with you if your tribal thinking have made you one if the developing countries, but since you have been selfishly not joining in solidarities because of your big problems you are handling, which of the problems have you solved?

You have gotten more issues to handle here and yet you all run abroad, you even enter sea just to land in America that you don't care about Black's Justice, your selfish Brain didn't even tell you that if you land there, and there wasn't justice for black people, you would also be affected.
If these black people didn't fight for freedom, would you even be able to enter into a whites man's land without being injured due to your black skin?
You want to go to America to sow the fruit of some people's labour, that when they are fighting it,you felt unconcerned.
For all the people that do not care about George Floyd's unjust killing and all other racist unjust killings, may you never step your foot into the United State no matter how hard you try until you have a rethink.
Your own land you spoilt it, and want to run to another mans land that elevate his own land & people whom you didn't care about

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by osamz007: 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

I wouldn't have problems with you if your tribal thinking have made you one if the developing countries, but since you have been selfishly not joining in solidarities because of your big problems you are handling, which of the problems have you solved?

You have gotten more issues to handle here and yet you all run abroad, you even enter sea just to land in America that you don't care about Black's Justice, your selfish Brain didn't even tell you that if you land there, and there wasn't justice for black people, you would also be affected.
If these black people didn't fight for freedom, would you even be able to enter into a whites man's land without being injured due to your black skin?
You want to go to America to sow the fruit of some people's labour, that when they are fighting it,you felt unconcerned.
For all the people that that do not care about George Floyd's unjust killing and all other racist unjust killings, may you never step your foot unto the United State no matter how you try until you have a rethink

No sentiments.

You people over there should also protest when extrajudicial killings happens in our country

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
osamz007:

No sentiments.

You people over there should also protest when extrajudicial killings happens in our country
I'm in Nigeria, and I'm standing with the blacks against injustice on George Floyd
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by osamz007: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
ModestGal:

I'm in Nigeria, and I'm standing with the blacks against injustice on George Floyd

You can also as well stand with us against sars extrajudicial killings
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 2:40am On Jun 02, 2020
osamz007:

You can also as well stand with us against sars extrajudicial killings
See you, I'm standing with justice anytime. Start the hashtag, start a peaceful protest voice if I won't support you. When you keep quiet with your problem, don't blame people for not joining you
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2020
ModestGal:

See you, I'm standing with justice anytime. Start the hashtag, start a peaceful protest voice if I won't support you. When you keep quiet with your problem, don't blame people for not joining you

I love the way you think. But let's make it easier, since you seem to be more enlightened about black history and how others have stood for ya and what have you, why don't you start, then we'll follow you.

From your enlightened position, start a peaceful protest against SARS killings in Nigeria for a start, and see if I won't support you. Then, from there you can move to protesting against corruption, police brutality and others. I promise to follow you, I'm sure others in this thread will do also
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 7:59am On Jun 02, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I love the way you think. But let's make it easier, since you seem to be more enlightened about black history and how others have stood for ya and what have you, why don't you start, then we'll follow you.

From your enlightened position, start a peaceful protest against SARS killings in Nigeria for a start, and see if I won't support you. Then, from there you can move to protesting against corruption, police brutality and others. I promise to follow you, I'm sure others in this thread will do also
Follow me? You need to be realistic bro. Most of the protest in the US are started by people directly affected, their loved ones,their city members and people with power/money/followers.
Do you expect someone who lives in the village with her first priority to be what to eat to start such acts in a far away village that half of the villagers do not even hear of such news, won't it be like madness to start such in a peaceful town?
I'm ready to join you in solidarity brother, please start it.
I'm ready to join in any good cause, humanity cause, I promise you I will be right behind you when you start
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by Seetto: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Africa problem don tire them....
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by SaintBishop: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2020
ModestGal:
The reason you can walk freely in the street of America, is because of the fight of some black people. The reason you can school, get jobs, happy to bring your family along is because of the fight of some people. If they didn't fight for their freedom today, you would probably be highly affected with racism as well when you get to America, maybe a racist doctor would angrily inject you and your baby when you leave Nigeria to giving birth there and not just that, he would go scot free, maybe charged for a third degree murder like George Floyd's murderer, and have his fellow racist doctors watch him as he inject you and your new baby.

I still don't understand how you all want to go to the US, even in local religious centers, the prayers of mothers praying for their children to travel abroad can be quite heard, and yet, you do not care about injustice/stand in solidarity with your fellow black men

Feeling unconcerned and wanting to eat from America is selfishness. Tell your mothers and well wishers to stop praying for stepping in US

protest for what exactly?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by ModestGal(f): 9:01am On Jun 02, 2020
SaintBishop:
protest for what exactly?
Peaceful protest just to show they care about black lifes. This has been done in victoria island and I'm glad. Just to show them we see their sufferings, we are against the innocent killing of George and we hope such stop. Its a show of love, thats all.
Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by SaintBishop: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2020
ModestGal:

Peaceful protest just to show they care about black lifes. This has been done in victoria island and I'm glad. Just to show them we see their sufferings, we are against the innocent killing of George and we hope such stop. Its a show of love, thats all.

My friend shut that your mouth, charity they say begins at home. They should protest about the killings going on in Nigeria, 74 people were killed in katsina recently and nobody protested.

Nonsense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd's Death: Why Many Africans are feeling unconcerned by WorWorBoy3: 9:41am On Jun 02, 2020
Ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Ramon Owner Of Hilton Hotel, Oduduwa Uni Named In Killing Of Timothy / Chinese Dad Chains 8-year-old Son To Pole And Tries To Auction Him To Strangers / Twitter User Comes After A Hookup Girl Who Stole His 6 Million Naira Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.