Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book (30116 Views)

Vera Uwaila Omozuwa Burial (Photos, Video) / Livinus Elem On Uwa Vera Uwaila's Rape And Death: Says "Good For Her" / #JusticeForUwa: Vera Uwaila Omozuwa Raped In RCCG Church In Edo, Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by oshozondii: 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

DEATH OF MISS VERA UWAILA: IGP ASSURES PERPETRATORS WILL BE BROUGHT TO BOOK

Deploys more investigations aids to Edo State

As part of deliberate and concerted efforts by the Nigeria Police High Command to unravel the circumstances surrounding the brutal attack and unfortunate death of Miss Vera Uwaila Omosuwa in Benin, Edo State on 28th and 30th May, 2020 respectively, the Inspector General of Police has deployed additional investigations aids and forensic support to Edo State Police Command to complement and expedite actions in the ongoing investigations into the unfortunate incident.

The IGP, while condemning the attack, commiserates with the family, friends and colleagues of the deceased. He calls for calm and assures that the Force will surely bring the perpetrators of the callous act to book in the shortest possible time.

DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

https://www.facebook.com/127243240651077/posts/3970265896348773/

3 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by ghettokid1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
Audio, they will not do anything after dishing out this Audio promise

9 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Caramelskin(f): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
I'm scared for myself, my sisters, my female friends, my aunties, my female relatives, my neighbors, my unborn daughters. I'm scared for every single woman out there.

We deserve so much more.

NO means NO.

#StopRapingWomen

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by simbolak: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
I hope so
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Samade7: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Chidexter(m): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
They should not only be brought to book but also to school....... School of Advanced torture

13 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by OmicGlobal: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
11 men gathered and raped a child and not one person among them thought "this is wrong". Nope. They gathered. 11 of them.
1,2,3,4.....11 men and raped a child.
May God save us in this wicked world

78 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by TreasureTayo(m): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rip dear.. say no to Rape!!!
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by freshkpomo(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
My thought:
1. Church member
2. A toaster in the neighborhood.
3. Some random Fulani guy.

This might be a planned attack or she was unlucky. From the pic I saw the rapist never meant to kill her, it might have been that she used the fire extinguisher as self defense to hit the rapist who later collected it and hit her with it multiple times out of anger. Guys in that hood should be rounded up, trust me those area boys get Intel die.

God bless Nigeria.

32 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by benisaac67(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
To the gallows pls
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by TreasureTayo(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
ghettokid1:
They Might Actually do something. May we no be victims

7 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Uco01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
So complicated. I pray the law catch up with them

1 Like

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Moneywirer: 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Brought to book??
How exactly do they intend doing that?, no CCTV footage of the incident, Nigeria doesn't have forensic investigative teams. So how would it be done??
Maybe they want to consult amadioha or ogun

11 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
The murdering of this innocent girl brought tears to my eyes. How could a defenceless girl like this be rapped and killed at the same time in a place that was meant to be a sanctuary?
May God console her family and friends, may the perpetrators die a thousand times before their real shameful and gruesome death

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by virginboy1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
I believe in the Nigeria police, when they are ready to work and act...they deliver.

Moreover "I just pray and hope we reach a point were every system is working... Because in a working clime...The perpetrators would have been bought to book since."

Chai,See how animals in human skin just wasted this pretty lady. cry Its very sad.

This country is gradually taking over India as a capital of Rape.

May the soul of VERA UWAILA rest in Peace.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Geemax(f): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
RIP beautiful cry

2 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Memphis357(m): 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rapists and Murderers should be denied the rights to fair hearing.

3 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by pretydiva(f): 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
The perpetrators of this evil act should be brought to book

Justice must prevail

3 Likes

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by seborrhic: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
ghettokid1:
Arrests will be made.
With high powered resources now available the perpetuators will easily be caught.
Watch out.
The heat the murder alone has generated would even make their relations or friends give them away, assuming even the Nigerian police don't fish them out easily with forensics if available here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by AllenSpencer: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
I hope promise will be fulfilled.
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by larryeffizy1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
I hope they could swiftly do sth against innocent ladies... This is getting alarming day by day in a democratic state..

I really feel bitter for the victim & her family....
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
#JusticeForUwa .”

ghettokid1:
Ghetto kid, can you please KEEP SHUT for once and take your negativity outta here rn!
This is a thread for mature people on this forum.
This is a sad and emotional threads, not thread for wailing.

Take your kid's comment to your children section.
Very Annoying.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by AmazingMOG: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
They'll be arrested Soon

Thank you Jesus Christ our God
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by gambia(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
I hope they wont end up arresting innocent people, forensic investigation is the only way out.
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by ferdvict2(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
I pray that the Nigerian Police will be serious with this case and not play politics with it as they have nothing to gain in playing politics but has something to gain in bringing the killers to book.

Say No to RAPE.
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Etinosa1234: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
with what...u guys don't even know how to test for DNA
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by YoungLionken(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
If not for the high level of moral decadence, where else could be safer than a church.

Getting justice in Nigeria is like getting snow. No wonder Kanu called it a zoo. But I'm very optimistic about the Uwa case as awareness is everywhere, thereby putting those bastards to pressure.

I don't believe in karma, I believe in an effective response marching up against an action immediately.

The culprits could be on this forum.. If yes, just know that justice will catch up with you real quick angry!.#justiceforuwa...

1 Like

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Tobinrobin(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
I pray they do
Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
The death of this lady truly sparked an outrage across Nigeria.

Yesterday my mood was sad and i was so so angry.

NIGERIANS are now United against a common goal.

Death to all rapist.

Looking at the picture of the girl everyday stires up this sudden vibration of anger in me.

I wish we can all come out in thousands and say enough is enough.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book by hensben(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Those guys should be caught with immediate effect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Serial Zimbabwe Rapist Sentenced To 72 Years, Begs For Death Sentence / Five Dead As Cultists Fight Over A Lady In Akwa Ibom / Customs Officers Attacked In Akwa Ibom, Their Vehicle Set On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.