Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos (52790 Views)

Nigerian Girl Declared Missing In Victoria Island, Lagos - See Details And Photo / Victoria Inyama To Anita Joseph: Marital Rape Exists, I've Experienced It / Victoria Nwogu: Student Found Dead In Boyfriend’s House In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by ExAngel007(f): 11:09pm On Jun 01, 2020

Nigerians braved the rain to protest the
murder of George Floyd and to call for an end
to racial injustice.

The protest was organised by the Black Lives
Matter Movement in Nigeria (BLMMN). The
convener, Josephine Okpara, stormed the
streets of Victoria Island, Lagos, with other
protesters.

They carried placards with words such as
"Black Lives Matter" and "Justice For George
Floyd" written on them as they condemned
the killing of African Americans in the United
States of America.

The protest comes after George Floyd died on
May 25, 2020, after Minneapolis officer Derek
Chauvin knelt on his neck for nearly 9
minutes during an arrest.

Speaking on behalf of the group, convener,
Josephine Okpara said the US must put an
end to “white supremacy and build local
power to intervene in violence inflicted on
black communities by the state and
vigilantes”.

Nigerians across various social media
platforms were not impressed by the protest.
They mentioned that we have more pressing
issues in the country to protest and they
criticized the protesters.

See below.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/6/black-lives-matter-protest-holds-in-victoria-island-lagos-under-the-rain-nigerians-react-2.html

6 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by philiancoop(m): 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
See casting... "and of course Minnesota"

I dedicate this place of most valuable comment to all glo users...

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
sad

Mtcheww....all this notice me protesters.

200 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Kpokakpoka(m): 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hehehe.....I have finally seen it all! grin
If only they can put the same energy into fighting tribalism in their own country.....if only...

399 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Aflix(m): 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hypocrisy at its peak. Do they Think any American will hear of their protest 74 people were killed in kastina recently and nobody has protested about that. Them wan just De follow other countries wey get whites and blacks together protest. I'm sure most of them there have never seen a white person except on TV.

380 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by History555: 11:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
Black lives matter in America but not in Nigeria. Mumu people

215 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by jemarcus: 11:23pm On Jun 01, 2020
Holy grail

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by ClassicMan202(m): 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
Useless set of nonentities... Notice me people, una never finish talk about our own country wahala na to carry America own... Rubbish.

Person house dey burn e leave am go dey chuk mouth another person talk

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by phelonrays: 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Bunch of jokers

'' Josephine Okpara said the US must put an
end to “white supremacy and build local
power to intervene in violence inflicted on
black communities by the state and
vigilantes”.
Imagine this attention seeking mofo cum notice-me-convener issuing directive to US while her country burns to ashes.... Girls are being rape here on a daily, Herdsmen are offering Kastina/Kaduna indigenes as burnt-offering, Police are maiming Law abiding citizens everyday.... Yet your hypocritical attention is on US....

Who did this to Nigeria? undecided embarassed cry

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by crown08(m): 11:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Joblessness everywhere

26 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nigerians are comedians, I tell you.

40 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by FlordFlorez(m): 11:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hypocricy at its peak. Last week dozens were killed both in southern kaduna and sokoto, no protest. 12 years old was raped by 11 men (not boys), no protest. Uwa was raped & murdered, yet no protest. Im really angry/sad right now. Somebody should help me tell buhari that he's clueless.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by SarkinYarki: 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Idiots !! Over 200 Nigerians have been killed in Sokoto and Kaduna in the last one week and these ones are instead protesting for an American whose killer has already been arrested and is facing the law ...Thunder faya all of them dia

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by joshjc(m): 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
Nigerians with busy body,we have many problems in this country,Sara harassment,rape, unemployment and insecurity,etc the didn't see any of that to protest against

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by raquel97: 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Misplaced priorities

28 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by bikefab(m): 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
Mumu people. People are frequently killed in southern Kaduna, Fulani herdsmen hold sway in major places around the South and middle belt, Boko Haram is terrorising, SARS is killing innocent youths. Recently news emerged and trended #justiceforuwa , Tina too was shot by police. Among all these things you guys chose to protest against something that has no immediate effect on your society. This is why politicians never take Nigerians serious, una mumu never do.

43 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by bayotwice(f): 11:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
grin
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by donbachi(m): 12:07am On Jun 02, 2020
Not even #christianlivesmatters #Benuelivesmatters
how i wish thunder wey dey follow the rain fire.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by IJOBA2: 12:22am On Jun 02, 2020
IDIOTS angry

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by seanwilliam(m): 12:27am On Jun 02, 2020
E no go better for all of them .. like say we no get our own issues left unaddressed.. Dem go sha dey do anything to trend.. so that we will think they care.. awon we re

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nemesis0147(m): 12:35am On Jun 02, 2020
lol what happened to #justiceforuwa#

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by BlowYourMind: 12:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Hungry people grin
Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by limeta(f): 12:38am On Jun 02, 2020
See me see trouble
Ipob
Shiits
You did not protest

4 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by laiperi: 12:40am On Jun 02, 2020
You guys are so ignorant it is unbelievable.

The same Diaspora Africans helped you write and brainstormed on independence and constitution from Ghana, Nigeria to East and South Africa.

Ask about Dubois in Ghana and Alexander in Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by adadike(f): 12:54am On Jun 02, 2020
No social distancing as well . Instead for you lot to protest against Buhari, fulani herdsmen ,the rape cases in Nigeria and even against the scam called NDDC, you are here screaming black lives matters. I know that too well, but Nigerian lives matters the most

14 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by jumobi1(m): 1:01am On Jun 02, 2020
If you have a problem with it, lead the right protest or STFU.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 02, 2020
There are far more issues on your soil deserving of protests.
Why not protest the rape of Omozuwa if you are looking for work ?

3 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by MetaPhysical: 1:53am On Jun 02, 2020
Is it Black Lives Matter....or Black Live Matter?

It is a good show of solidarity, in form, but the subtstance is a ridicule.

Josephine, go to Abuja and protest to tell Buhari Nigerian Lives Matter, biko nu.

6 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by Olominira(m): 2:08am On Jun 02, 2020
This is really good. It shows we are in support of their struggle against the Kkk controlling everything in the country. Everyone has struggles we just have to be with one another in times of hardship. Many of us in diaspora are benefiting from the struggles black Americans had in the past. Good job!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by tillaman(m): 2:38am On Jun 02, 2020
Screw the kkk, white power my arse

2 Likes

Re: Black Lives Matter Protest Holds In Victoria Island, Lagos by yrex01(m): 2:47am On Jun 02, 2020
I’m so ashamed to be a Nigerian. We r our own problem not government. Nigerians are worse than any kind of natural disaster !!

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Thief Caught Broad Daylight Trying To Rob A Shop Owner In Lagos Just Now / Syria: Teenager Shot Dead By Her Own Family For Refusing To Marry Her Cousin / One Shot As Militants Return To Calabar – Oron Waterway (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.