Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid (42720 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 9:09am On Jun 02, 2020
Being a kid was the most fun part of my life. It was also the time when i believe alot of dumb things which i later realise in life were all false. Some were spread by my parents, relatives, siblings, and friends to make us afraid or control us.

When I was a kid I used to believe that

1. Rubber band sucks blood

2. That fish swims in one's belly upon consumption.

3. Lucozade and maltuna are for sick people.

4. I believe when you take mango and at the same time drink garri it will kill you.

5. When i eat food in the night, i am eating with the devil.

6. Wen I swallow gum it will tie my intestine and I will die.

7. If I swallow any seed the tree will grow on my head

8. There is grinding machine in my stomach that digest the food i eat.

9. I thought trees moves backwards wen you are in a moving car.

10. If i wash my school uniform on sunday, it won't dry at all

11. God usually comes down to collect offering.

12. Any food that falls on the ground is already eaten by the devil.

13. If lizard see my tooth that is missing it will not grow again

14. If u bite me and I mix chicken shit n red oil all your teeth will remove.

15. That women gave birth through their navel.

16.If u point burial ground. Something bad will happen to you

17.If u drag a stick on the ground while walking. Your mama will give birth to snake.

18. I use to believe all pot belly men are rich.

19. I use to think that all black people will go to hell because devil is black and White people will go to heaven because Jesus is white.

20. Satan was right under my feet.

21. Any time u mistakenly cut ur self and blood is coming out you should start sucking it so that your blood will not finish.

22. I use to believe eating head of ice fish together with the eyes will make my eyes big as well.

23. If u jump/cross me,I will not grow again.

24. If u flog a girl with broom,she will not marry.

25 when i was a kid i used to think the moon follows me wherever i go as i was getting older the Story changed that all streets have there own moon lol.

26. When you dont go to church on sunday and u stay alone at home satan will come and steal you.

27. I believed everyone who stays in the village is either a witch or a wizard. I vowed never to visit any village.

28. if a cat spits on you death awaits you

29. Older people never Excrete

30. I use to think that as a flower boy, the flower gal was my babe o lol.

Over to you. What are the dumbest thing you believed as a kid?

303 Likes 33 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Davash222(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2020
As a kid, I used to believe Education is the key.

380 Likes 21 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by drips8(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2020
I believed that readers were the leaders of tomorrow.

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2020
Davash222:
As a kid, I used to believe Education is the key.

Lol.
So now what do u believe

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 9:13am On Jun 02, 2020
drips8:
I believed that readers were the leaders of tomorrow.
Wow.
So what do u believe now

12 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Davash222(m): 9:15am On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Lol.
So now what do u believe
Look at us now.. A Nepa bill holder is our president while a professor of Law is licking his asss.

345 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by donbachi(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2020
I believed if u swallow chewing gum,it will gum ur internal organs.

8 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 9:20am On Jun 02, 2020
Davash222:

Look at us now.. A Nepa bill holder is our president while a professor in Law is licking his asss.
Thats the irony of life.
A professor will be working for an illiterate.
Las las its not what you read in school that takes you far. You can’t compare the salary of a footballer and that of a professor.

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2020
donbachi:
I believed if u swallow chewing gum,it will gum ur internal organs.
Lol. Child life

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Professorcplus(m): 9:24am On Jun 02, 2020
If it's rainy and sunny at the same time, then lioness just gave birth.

If a teacher flogs you, soak that body part inside garri and see the teacher's hand swell up the next day grin

[b] To get money, kill a Red head agama lizard, cut the head and bury it for three days, come back later to dig out your naira note.

To make a bird motionless or stand still above the sky, just hit a nail on the floor, step your big toe on it. point your index finder towards it and stretch it backward with your other index finger.

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 02, 2020
I believed my dad was not born instead he fell from the sky because that was what he told me.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Professorcplus(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Thats the irony of life.
A professor will be working for an illiterate.
Las las its not what you read in school that takes you far. You can’t compare the salary of a footballer and that of a professor.
Definitely yes, you can compare a footballer and a professor.

...but the education you acquired made you debunked the dumbest thing you ever known.

Even if you didn't work with what you study, it opens up future opportunities. Even if you study engineer and work as a radio presenter, to get employed, you need that paper you read for.

An illiterate may have the capital but remember he needs professional advice; knowledge he doesn't own, value that is being paid for.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by CAPSLOCKED: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2020
THE TRAGEDY HERE IS THAT MANY ADULTS STILL BELIEVE THESE THINGS TODAY.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by drips8(m): 9:54am On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Wow.
So what do u believe now

You don't need to be really smart to get things done here. Just a couple of important connections and you're set.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2020
That God exists.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2020
AdaFidelis:
I believed my dad was not born instead he fell from the sky because that was what he told me.
Hahahaha chai Nigerian parents

3 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2020
drips8:

You don't need to be really smart to get things done here. Just a couple of important connections and you're set.
True

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:04am On Jun 02, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THE TRAGEDY HERE IS THAT MANY ADULTS STILL BELIEVE THESE THINGS TODAY.
This your Statement is very true.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2020
Professorcplus:

If a teacher flogs you, soak that body part inside garri and see the teacher's hand swell up the next day grin

To get money, kill a Red head agama lizard, cut the head and bury it for three days, come back later to dig out your naira note.

To make a bird motionless or stand still above the sky, just hit a nail on the floor, step your big toe on it. point your index finder towards it and stretch it backward with your other index finger.

Baba, this your own was very strong.
If it were true u could have been a Billionaire by now o lol

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:13am On Jun 02, 2020
Lalasticlala.
Tell us the Dumbest thing you believed as a kid

Wow, finally my thread Entered front page for the first time. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Icezikagu(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2020
angry kissI used to believe that in order to prevent d caset disc frm cracking u have to clean it on ur smooth cloth wink

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:32am On Jun 02, 2020
Icezikagu:
angry kissI used to believe that in order to prevent d caset disc frm cracking u have to clean it on ur smooth cloth wink
Chai
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by JhayJoe: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2020
Going to church will solve all our problems

Men of "god" are angels on earth

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 10:47am On Jun 02, 2020
JhayJoe:
Going to church will solve all our problems

Men of "god" are angels on earth
Hahaha ok
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by bukiah: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2020
I used to wonder how people enter inside radio and television. That was in the 80s

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2020
bukiah:
I used to wonder how people enter inside radio and television. That was in the 80s
Hahaha this is very interesting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Benevento(m): 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
4. It's very dangerous to take garri after eating mango(though a special breed of mango, we call it kerosene mango)

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by 1Sharon(f): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
You are kinda right about lucozade..cos they do give it to diabetics
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
Benevento:
4. It's very dangerous to take garri after eating mango(though a special breed of mango, we call it kerosene mango)
Lol i guess we all believe thesame things when we were kids

7 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by arinzos(m): 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
Professorcplus:

[b] To get money, kill a Red head agama lizard, cut the head and bury it for three days, come back later to dig out your naira note.

About that Bird own... grin
It Looked Like it Worked very well grin grin
Good old days

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
arinzos:
About that Bird own... grin It Looked Like it Worked very well grin grin Good old days
That one look like magic lol

7 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dpsychologist: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
arinzos:
About that Bird own... grin It Looked Like it Worked very well grin grin Good old days
That one look like magic lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.