Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others (3434 Views)

Her Weak Personality Is Driving Me Crazy.. / Five Signs Your Husband Is Having An Affair With Your Maid / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Have you ever suspected that other Nairalanders, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, and even close family members are blindsided by the sheer strength of your personality?
If you are the kind of person who knows their own mind and doesn’t believe in following the herd, other people might find you somewhat intimidating!

Do any of these signs sound familiar? If so, you probably earn the respect of others but you will also get on the bad side of an equal number of people.

These are the signs to look out for:

1. You Read Other People Quickly

Your intuitive abilities are strong, and you form accurate impressions of people within seconds of meeting them. Dishonest, ignorant, and bigoted people can’t hide their true nature from you and this makes them nervous.
You aren’t afraid to call out bad behavior when you see it, and are quite capable of putting obnoxious individuals in their place.

2. You Get Straight To The Point

Have you often been told that you are “too blunt”, "too insensitive", or even “too honest”? If so, your personality might be intimidating to those around you!
Whilst most people like to ease into a conversation with small talk, this isn’t your preferred approach.
You’d much rather focus on big, important, or even abstract issues rather than what you had for lunch, the latest celebrity gossip, or your next-door neighbor’s vacation plans.

3. You Often Find Yourself In The Minority

You don’t conform just to meet the expectations of others, and you don’t go along with their requests if they don’t sit with your values. Because you pride yourself on being an independent thinker, it’s likely that you are alone in your opinions from time to time.
People with low self-confidence find you intimidating because they can’t understand what it’s like to validate yourself instead of looking to others for approval. You’ll also be unsurprised to learn that unintelligent people also find it uncomfortable to be around you, because they soon realize that your IQ far exceeds their own.

4. You Don’t Make or Accept Excuses

You don’t whine about your circumstances and you don’t see yourself as a victim, even if everything is collapsing around you. There is no place in your life for people who moan and complain.
Although you can be tender-hearted and kind, your willpower can make you appear resilient and tough, which can be intimidating. It’s not that you lack sympathy for those going through a hard time, just that you have no patience for people who would rather wallow in their own misery than take action.

5. You Find It Hard To Tolerate Stupid People

Your open-minded attitude and capacity for critical thinking means that stupid or ignorant people really get on your nerves. Perhaps you sometimes catch yourself thinking, “Why don’t they just read a book once in a while?” or “There’s no excuse for being that ignorant!”
Although you are quite capable of being polite and patient, you find it hard showing this because you have no desire to pander to the feelings of those who can’t understand high-level logic and concepts.

Is an intimidating personality a blessing or a curse?

Sometimes, you might scare away potential friends and partners just by being yourself. On the other hand, those brave enough to stick around and get to know you will come to appreciate your intelligence, honesty, and unique perspective on the world.
Because you are willing to meet lots of new people there’s a good chance that you will find your tribe sooner or later, there are always people who are capable of keeping up with your incredible mind.

Embrace your intimidating personality!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
I am going to list some Nairalanders who have intimidating personalities as well as those who only act like they do. This is from my observation and personal experience with some of them.
The list below is not exhaustive and you can add or edit as your spirit leads.

Nairalanders with intimidating personalities include:
Risenphoenix
Kanwulia
Sagamite
Crackhaus
Coogar
Biglittlelois
Illamina
Ubunja
Romangalactic
LadyHyppolita

Nairalanders who only act like they have intimidating personalities include:
Plead
Martinez69
Pocohantas
Bukatyne
Cococandy
LordKO
Ybaby
iLegend

Merahki
ChoccolatE

Please add or edit as appropriate.

6 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
Cc: Lalasticlala, Dominique
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Jullima(f): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2020

15 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by ThothHermes: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
You want to cause problem abi?
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by sholay2011(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dafug is this?

2 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by CAPSLOCKED: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
Plead:
Dafug is this?

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by fayded(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Illamina has intimidating personality??
What is ds op smoking pls??
Have u seen her/his topics?? Dt thing dey misyarn regularly.. I no know her and mamagee who worse pass..

1 Like

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by LordKO(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Decorum is the hallmark of self-realization/self-conquest/self-emancipation, but I don't expect a mentally parochial element like you to understand it. Crassness shouldn't be mistaken for truthfulness, expediency shouldn't be mistaken for cleverness, and imperiousness shouldn't be mistaken for confidence - of course, tactfulness isn't a sign of timidity and pretense. It's one thing to be opinionated but an entire different thing to be unassuming/unhypocritical in particular and conscientious in general.

Actually, I didn't even know that a bumpkin like you exists in this forum prior to now, you must be feeling happy now that you have made me know. Don't worry, clout chasing isn't appealing to some of us.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Now direct your further mention to small-minded people like you. Bumpkin.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
Like I said, it is from my observation.

Not having an intimidating personality is not a bad thing, it simply means you have a normal personality. I don't understand why some people are menstruating.

6 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
ThothHermes:
You want to cause problem abi?
Is there any problem to be caused?
There are positives and negatives to having an intimidating personality as the article explains. Why should anyone who has attained self-realization be upset?
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Arsenate(m): 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
Romangalactic:
I am going to list some Nairalanders who have intimidating personalities as well as those who only act like they do. This is from my observation and personal experience with some of them.
The list below is not exhaustive and you can add or edit as your spirit leads.

Nairalanders with intimidating personalities include:
Risenphoenix
Kanwulia
Sagamite
Crackhaus
Coogar
Biglittlelois
Illamina
Ubunja
Romangalactic
LadyHyppolita

Nairalanders who only act like they have intimidating personalities include:
Plead
Martinez69
Pocohantas
Bukatyne
Cococandy
LordKO
Ybaby
iLegend

Merahki
ChoccolatE

Please add or edit as appropriate.
Fix that for you. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
I don't know which I find funnier, the "action" or the "reactions". grin grin grin grin

Intimidating personality online? Biko no be the same read, comment and logout everybody dey do again? grin grin

Pansophist come and laugh o grin

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Izzou you self dey view intimidating thread? grin grin
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by izzou(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ariza:
you self dey view intimidating thread? grin grin

Na you carry me come here grin

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
izzou:

Na you carry me come here grin

Lol.. no mind me.
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Amanee(f): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Asslicking on a different level

9 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 6:52am On Jun 03, 2020
My social experiment is working

5 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 6:52am On Jun 03, 2020
Arsenate:

Fix that for you. cheesy
Seen grin
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 7:06am On Jun 03, 2020
Amanee:
Asslicking on a different level
How is it be asslicking when there are posters you like on either side?

1 Like

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mindlog: 7:22am On Jun 03, 2020
Ariza:
I don't know which I find funnier, the "action" or the "reactions". grin grin grin grin

Intimidating personality online? Biko no be the same read, comment and logout everybody dey do again? grin grin

Pansophist come and laugh o grin

You captured my thoughts.

The OP made sure to sell himself as an "intimidating personality" and those he feels uncomfortable with as wannabes.

He doesn't surprise me as many of my patients in the psychiatric hospital where I work often display delusion of grandeur.

11 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2020
Mindlog:

You captured my thoughts.

The OP made sure to sell himself as an "intimidating personality" and those he feels uncomfortable with as wannabes.

He doesn't surprise me as many of my patients in the psychiatric hospital where I work often display delusion of grandeur.
Including my name was deliberate to get the exact reaction most of you have provided. As a staff of a psychiatric hospital, one would think you have mastered how to detect mind games and not be a victim of it.

3 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 7:54am On Jun 03, 2020
Nairalanders who believe they have strong personalities and should be recognized for it include:

LordKO
Amanee
Plead
Capslocked
Ariza
Mindlog

cool

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mindlog: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

Including my name was deliberate to get the exact reaction most of you have provided. As a staff of a psychiatric hospital, one would think you have mastered how to detect mind games and not be a victim of it.

Mind games? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

One of the patients climbed the roof of one of the buildings and sat there singing a reggae tune, told him to get down and join others at the lawn and he said he wanted to get such reaction from me! cheesy cheesy

My responsibility is to let him know he has no business seated on that roof.

3 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mindlog: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:
Nairalanders who believe they have strong personalities and should be recognized for it include:

LordKO
Amanee
Plead
Capslocked
Ariza
Mindlog

cool

Nah, I need no recognition on either side as I am who I am irrespective of your perception. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2020
1. Purpose of the Topic
To learn about what constitutes an intimidating personality

2. Purpose of the list
To see how many people will take it personal

Educated conclusion
None of the respondents focused on (1), an article culled from Dr. Jenev Cardell's The Powerful Mind. She is a psychologist. grin

4 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2020
Mindlog:

Mind games? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

One of the patients climbed the roof of one of the buildings and sat there singing a reggae tune, told him to get down and join others at the lawn and he said he wanted to get such reaction from me! cheesy cheesy

My responsibility is to let him know he has no business seated on that roof.
You and I know this is a big lie,but okay. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:14am On Jun 03, 2020
Mindlog:

Nah, I need no recognition on either side as I am who I am irrespective of your perception. cheesy
So on the subject of who you are and knowing yourself, do you have an intimidating personality or not?
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Mindlog: 8:16am On Jun 03, 2020
Romangalactic:

You and I know this is a big lie,but okay. cheesy

You alone believe it is a lie. cheesy cheesy cheesy

In your mind you have done a social experiment! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by Romangalactic(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2020
Mindlog:

You alone believe it is a lie. cheesy cheesy cheesy

In your mind you have done a social experiment! cheesy cheesy cheesy
By Dr. Cardell's assesment, yes. I only brought it to Nairaland.
Re: Five Signs Your Personality Is Intimidating To Others by chii8(f): 8:19am On Jun 03, 2020
Hmmm.... intimidating personality indeed!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Day I Confirmed Witches And Wizards Do Exist. / Do You Think My Son Is Cute Enough To Be A Baby Model? / Granny 72, Having A Baby With Her Grand-son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.