Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,486 members, 7,826,836 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria (30209 Views)

Ownership Of Oil Palm Giant, Presco Returns To Nigeria After 33-Years / Why Remi Babalola Resigned As Chairman Of FBN Holdings / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by newoffer: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
If the elephant refuse to change its construction site doors in all its bank for almost 20years and you are expecting fresh flow of ideas. My brother Na u need healing. We have superb young and vibrant who can do more to that sector.
Let's be looking
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Juenwume: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

I got that response as well.. but in my case.. someone replied with with another address which is from Fbninsurance.. I intentionally didnt give that email address.. I dont want anyone to feel like I'm intentionally directing them to fake email address, so they can be scammed.. but if you feel you need that very address which responded to me, here it is
Odilile.A.Eyeyi@fbninsurance.com
Bros thank you. You are nice and kind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2020
Olumyco:

Can you provide the link to the data and let's see. Sometimes we need to analyse data critically before making conclusions. There are many foreign companies in South Africa and that's an advantage. Also SA has foreign companies more than any country in Africa. The white sees the place as a friendly place for their investments. And it's also not new that SA has white pple more than any country in Africa and the white dominates their economy. So the statistics might feature more of those white companies in the statistics you saw.
Even if we are to look at it critically how many companies are owned by indigenous black South Africans? How many multi billion dollar companies are owned by the blacks there? The MTN, Shoprite, DSTV and co we talk as SA great companies in Africa are they owned by indigenous black South Africans?
When you talk about companies owned by blacks. I mean indigenous black... no country has it more than Nigeria.
In Nigeria from Dangote Groups to Glo Telecom to Interswitch to Paystack to Flutterwave to GTB to Sterling to Dantata Construction to Innoson Manufacturing and so on... These are big companies owned by Indigenous Black Nigerians. The recent Forbes list of Entrepreneurs in Africa had Nigerians topping the list.
We can take a cue from the list of Billionaires in Africa. Nigeria has 4 while SA has 5. And if you analyse that of SA very well you will see that only one of the 5 is a black SA... the rest are white guys.

If you want to be shocked at how many indigenous companies we have in Nigeria just check the competition thread of Igbo and Yoruba on who has more companies (or so can recall the title perfectly) here on Nairaland. You will be shocked by the list. And besides that's just two major tribes in Nigeria ooo. By the time we list that of Hausa and Niger Delta... it will be something else. What we need now is infrastructure. And this is where I respect SA the most. With good infrastructure no country comes close in Africa. We are still competing with SA because we have infrastructure problem. Let's get it right and watch the change.

SA is doing well but a country like Nigeria is on another level and we should not try to look down on ourselves especially when it comes to owning our thing and controlling our economy as an indigenous black people.

Thanks

You are busy comparing a 60 year old man with a 25 year old - literally. One has accumulated his wealth and ready to retire while the other has just finished varsity and beginning his empire.
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

You are busy comparing a 60 year old man with a 25 year old - literally. One has accumulated his wealth and ready to retire while the other has just finished varsity and beginning his empire.

I understand you but do you think the 60 year old is retiring? I dont think so. The 60 years old and the 25 years old can work together to help Africa. There is danger for the 25 years old if the 60 years old retires. A giant will always be giants.

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
Olumyco:

I understand you but do you think the 60 year old is retiring? I dont think so. The 60 years old and the 25 years old can work together to help Africa. There is danger for the 25 years old if the 60 years old retires. A giant will always be giants.

The 25 year old would better cooperate with the 60 year old if he dropped his baseless condensending attitude towards other Africans. It doesn't go down well in SA and it's for that reason we don't get along. This giant of Africa thing has gone to your heads, but you have nothing to show for it.

When people invest in your country and you turn it around as if you are doing them a favour and they can't do without you, that will ruffle feathers.
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

The 25 year old would better cooperate with the 60 year old if he dropped his baseless condensending attitude towards other Africans. It doesn't go down well in SA and it's for that reason we don't get along. This giant of Africa thing has gone to your heads, but you have nothing to show for it.

When people invest in your country and you turn it around as if you are doing them a favour and they can't do without you, that will ruffle feathers.

When it comes to friendliness and reception, Nigeria has been very endearing to all African countries. We have helped many African countries including you South Africans but what we get back is hatred. Nigeria treats foreigners and foreign companies with dignity. If Nigeria wants to be selfish, we can send two of your giant companies out of Nigeria because we have alternatives. What do I mean? Nigeria could want to show her power and unfriendliness in the name of local content protection and send out MTN because we have Glo and 9 Mobile... both are Nigerian companies. We can send DSTV packing because we have TsTV. So it is you guys that needs to work on yourselves. See Nigeria is not just the giant of Africa in mouth we are truly influential in Africa. In the interview with one of our presidential aspirant (Sowore) last year or upper year... your interviewer on your station told him that the amount of money Nigerian brings to South Africa is higher than the amount SA takes to other African countries. You guys should understand how powerful and important Nigeria is. If not for some of our peculiar leadership/Fellowership problem... we can be competing with any African country...we will be competing with the likes of US and China. But dont worry by 2023 we will get it right.

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Olumyco:

. In the interview with one of our presidential aspirant (Sowore) last year or upper year... your interviewer on your station told him that the amount of money Nigerian brings to South Africa is higher than the amount SA takes to other African countries. You guys should understand how powerful and important Nigeria is.

Please back this up with proof. If not the interview itself then data that supports this claim.

In the meantime, read this Al Jazeera article and stop spreading lies:
Why Nigeria cannot afford a stand-off with South Africa - Today Abuja addresses Pretoria from a position of weakness.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/indepth/opinion/nigeria-nigerians-xenophobic-attacks-south-africa-190908200649204.html
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Kevingeoffrey: 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
Enh!! my money dey there oh
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by edon21: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

Let me drop this attachment here grin grin I hope you can tell the black names since you know SA better than us South Africans. The PIC is the Public Investment Corporation. I hope you know what that means in terms of ownership. grin grin

You made my day! cool
Easy boy
This company was in existence when ur father was still a slave. And till he even watched his son become one
Google
Search Wikipedia
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by edon21: 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

What a dumb statement. They were already doing just fine, that's why they could throw money your way. These companies are international giants operating all over Africa. Someone's been lying to u. grin
Nah son...
Some people definitely did lie to ur parents and are still lying to you
Sanlam Limited
Sanlam logo.svg
Type
Public
Traded as
JSE: SLM
ISIN
ZAE000070660 Edit this on Wikidata
Industry
Insurance, asset management, wealth management, investments,
Founded
1918; Sanlam Limited
Sanlam logo.svg
Type
Public
Traded as
JSE: SLM
ISIN
ZAE000070660 Edit this on Wikidata
Industry
Insurance, asset management, wealth management, investments,
Founded
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode[b]]1918; 102 yea[/font]rs ago[1][/b] grin
Headquarters
Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa[2]
Key people
Thinus Alsworth-Elvey CEO grin[3]
Wikus Olivier Acting CFO grin
Johan van [/b]Zyl [1] Chairman
Revenue
$87.60 billion (2017)
Net income
$921 millions(2017)
Number of employees
Steady ~ 103 000 (2018)

[b]
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

Please back this up with proof. If not the interview itself then data that supports this claim.

In the meantime, read this Al Jazeera article and stop spreading lies:
Why Nigeria cannot afford a stand-off with South Africa - Today Abuja addresses Pretoria from a position of weakness.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/indepth/opinion/nigeria-nigerians-xenophobic-attacks-south-africa-190908200649204.html

That's good I like this kind of discussion.

Here is the link of the interview below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U47kUqHxAg4

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by edon21: 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
Olumyco:

Leave that boy. Obviously he's spoilt
if only he realizes that the white foreigners have South Africa's economy in their pockets
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2020
edon21:
Easy boy
This company was in existence when ur father was still a slave. And till he even watched his son become one
Google
Search Wikipedia

And what do you think economic transformation, affirmative action and black economic empowerment (BEE) are all about? It's the forced inclusion of black ownership to break the stranglehold of apartheid monopolies in the SA economy. The same monopolies that are beginning to emerge in Nigeria, killing off local competition.

So because these companies were built during the apartheid times the democratic state is transforming them through black capital. Shows how little u know bout SA.

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
edon21:

Nah son...
Some people definitely did lie to ur parents and are still lying to you
Sanlam
Thinus Alsworth-Elvey CEO grin[3]
Wikus Olivier Acting CFO grin
Johan van [/b]Zyl [1] Chairman
Revenue
$87.60 billion (2017)
Net income
$921 millions(2017)
Number of employees
Steady ~ 103 000 (2018)

[b]

I see you intentionally overlooked all the black names I provided in the attachment I sent you. Did u google what the PIC is? You are hellbent on believing your own lies so u can sleep better at night with the false belief that black South Africans are slaves.

That's how I like my opponents - delusional and with their heads in the sand. grin

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
Olumyco:

Will check this out later and DEFINITELY get back to you. But the presenter Tumelo Mothotoane was a young and inexperienced journo round this time. Not making excuses - haven't watched yet.
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
Something bad is happening to the FBN group
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
whouep:

FBN insurance that lloyd me to contribute some money for my kids education insurance without proper information about their scheme,after payment for 3 months,I was away for some months. I went for them to enquire about the money ,then the lady I meet in their office at marina started giving me stories that since I didn't continue my payment for straight 6 months,that the money has been fulfilled.that I bridged the payment agreement plan of the scheme.my 80k just go like that.fbn insurance na scam.

Your money is not gone. You can pay up to one year and qualify to receive all your money
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by IronGalaxy: 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
edon21:

Well u are very stupid.
The right question should be " where would South African blacks be without Nigeria's help" idiot

Check the positions in that salam group and see if you can see any black as a director. Who's the owner?
Idiot.
Without Nigeria, would Mtn or dstv be existing?
Lol. Wonders! grin So Nigeria was involved in the inception of both DStv and MTN? The delusions are real fam

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by jamesbridget13(f): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2020
robosky02:

Your money is not gone. You can pay up to one year and qualify to receive all your money
are u working with fbni
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by culf: 11:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
whouep:

FBN insurance that lloyd me to contribute some money for my kids education insurance without proper information about their scheme,after payment for 3 months,I was away for some months. I went for them to enquire about the money ,then the lady I meet in their office at marina started giving me stories that since I didn't continue my payment for straight 6 months,that the money has been fulfilled.that I bridged the payment agreement plan of the scheme.my 80k just go like that.fbn insurance na scam.

FBN insurance is not a scam and your money too is not lost. Just try and clear your backlog and your policy will be back in full force.

The person that attended to you did a very bad job but you're in a save hand.

try downloading the FBN insurance customer app from play store first to see where you stopped.

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by TMKsouth: 2:05am On Jun 04, 2020
Olumyco:

Wow, Nigeria and empty pride. This Sowore guy is on SA TV telling us boldly that he's our big brother. And this because we buy more from you, and just crude oil (very little sophistication) while we sell manufactured goods to you like cars and defense products. I was expecting you to make sense my brother but you failed dismissally. Instead you showed that u need us more than we need u, especially now with the oil price nosediving.

I'm really disappointed in you, seems you can't think beyond what politicians feed u. I really hope this Sowore guy becomes Nigerian president, he's an idiot. That's how we like our competition. grin grin

This is why AlJazeera says you guys are weak!

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by adetayoonas(m): 4:49am On Jun 04, 2020
Juenwume:

Bros thank you. You are nice and kind.

Nice post

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by Juenwume: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2020
culf:

FBN insurance is not a scam and your money too is not lost. Just try and clear your backlog and your policy will be back in full force.

The person that attended to you did a very bad job but you're in a save hand.

try downloading the FBN insurance customer app from play store first to see where you stopped.
Will that app still be valid since Sanlam has taken over?
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 9:46am On Jun 04, 2020
jamesbridget13:
are u working with fbni

I know a very close pal with same issue

All you need to do make payment that cover 12 months that is one year and you and liquidate your investment

Mail me I can contact the person for you.....
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by jamesbridget13(f): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
robosky02:

I know a very close pal with same issue

All you need to do make payment that cover 12 months that is one year and you and liquidate your investment

Mail me I can contact the person for you.....
thank you but i am not interested
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by culf: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Juenwume:
Will that app still be valid since Sanlam has taken over?

yes, everything remains the same

1 Like

Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by DGUY: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hello All, does anyone have the email address for any senior Sanlam Life Nigeria staff that I can escalate a matter to? They are refusing to respond to a mail I sent to their general support email
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by zhike: 12:55am On Dec 30, 2023
Coldie:
Good at least we have backup in case south Africa tries a xenophobia
Back up for what?
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by zhike: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2023
baby124:

Nobody is taking money from your overhyped country. Instead they are here to make money like every other foreigner here. South Africa is also always in Nigeria seeking relationships.
My friend kindly go back to school and learn how economics works.
You should be celebrating now that sanlam is invested lot of money in Nigeria.
Nigeria insurance industry will develop and many Nigerians will get jobs.
Nigerian government is always asking for investors and sanlam responded.
FYI, sanlam is the biggest insurance company in Africa.
Re: Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria by zhike: 1:10am On Dec 30, 2023
TMKsouth:

100% agreeing with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Reacts To Elon Musk's Challenge For MMA Fight / How To Register As A Clearing And Forwarding Agent / Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.