Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction (2497 Views)

Which Section Of Nairaland Can't You Do Without In A Day / Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success / My Husband's Addiction Is Destroying My Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2020
Social media has almost completely changed how many of us communicate and it can be a useful way to stay connected. But is there a point where the obsession with this modern phenomenon goes from harmless fun to an intrusion on your life?

If you’re guilty of any of the following, then maybe it’s time for you to take a step back.
The focus here is on Nairaland.

1. It is one of the first things you do in the morning

Almost every Nairaland addict will begin their daily routine by slowly and pointlessly scrolling through what they have missed here. Usually it’s not much, but that doesn’t deter them from staring into their phones.

2. You spend hours reading through entire threads

Scrolling though endless comments especially on threads where other people are simply having their own conversations and arguments, or clicking on topics just to know what/who is commenting on it.

3. You closely monitor ‘likes’

Nairaland ‘likes’ mean a lot to most Nairalanders. They’re a form of acceptance and after a while, getting more and more likes can become quite the addiction.

4. Making the right comment can make you exercise some brain power

When you're concerned about how perfect your comment will read to other people.

5. You feel anxious when your comment is hidden, or when you are banned and can't access Nairaland

Have you had a disappointed feeling in your guts anytime you see your comment is hidden or when you are banned?

6. You measure the life events of others by how upload-worthy their posts are

Your idea of a rich and successful person is based on where he/she lives, the photos they upload, or the stories they tell about their lives and jobs.

7. You literally announce stuff on Nairaland

It could be what you had for breakfast/lunch/dinner, what you just bought, how you just came back from work/meeting, how you're on leave and now have enough time to use Nairaland, etc

8. You cannot be caught slacking

Going an entire day without logging into your Nairaland account is an effort in futility. You need it, eat with it, sleep with it, sometimes even using it while taking a dump.
This translates into spending at least 2hours daily on Nairaland.

9. Mistaking Nairaland's version of the world for reality

The inability to differentiate Nairaland from the world as well as differentiating Nairaland personas from real-life personas, has always been the subject of much discourse here.
The bottomline however is that no one is 100% the same in real life as they are on Nairaland.

If you are interested in knowing how to calculate the amount of resources you have given to Nairaland, check below.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2020
In the spirit of #TBT, let us take a look at how much of our lives we have given to Nairaland.

1. To estimate how much time and resource you have spent on Nairaland:

- First check how long you have spent online (this is on your profile)

- Next, calculate the number of hours are in that time

- Then, divide the total number of hours by the total number of days since the day you registered your account

2. To estimate frequency of your comments:

- First check how many comments you have made so far

- Next, divide the total number of comments by the number of days since the day you registered your account.

8 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Below are some of the results we got by using our analytics web metrics tool on the profiles of some Nairalanders:

Pocohantas
Time spent: 5,208 hours in total by spending 2hours every day since 2014
Comments: 15,631 posts in total by making 7 comments every day since 2014

Cococandy
Time spent: 5,952 hours in total by spending 3hours every day since 2014
Comments: 28,056 posts in total by making 8 comments every day since 2014

Mariangeles
Time spent: 2,976 hours in total by spending 3hours every day since 2017
Comments: 10,653 posts in total by making 9 comments every day since 2017

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Mariangeles(f): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Signs you're a jobless stalker, without self-confidence, and shamelessly seeking attention

• When you snoop deep through people's profile, looking for god-knows-what, then calculate how much time they spend online.

• When you create meaningless threads, mention people, and wait desperately for their reactions.

• When you keep mentioning monickers even when you're ignored.

• When your monicker is Romangalactic.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by DontBullshitMe: 12:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nairaland is a social media platform that is irreplaceable.

° Daily national news at your fingertip

° Continuity of numerous educative threads across various section (Tbills thread, Chelsea fan thread, Xiaomi discussion thread)

° Unending banters between users (this thread is a testament)

° The Anonymity it provides which translates to bluntness of posters.

And many more. . . grin

Nairaland is my most visited social media platform and I am not ashamed of it. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Pavore9: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2020
Romangalactic:
Below are some of the results we got by using our analytics web metrics tool on the profiles of some Nairalanders:

Pocohantas
Time spent: 5,208 hours in total by spending 2hours every day since 2014
Comments: 15,631 posts in total by making 7 comments every day since 2014

Cococandy
Time spent: 5,952 hours in total by spending 3hours every day since 2014
Comments: 28,056 posts in total by making 8 comments every day since 2014

Mariangeles
Time spent: 2,976 hours in total by spending 3hours every day since 2017
Comments: 10,653 posts in total by making 9 comments every day since 2017

For you to pick on those usernames clearly conveys your intentions. Yesterday it was you and those who align with your views that are people with "intimidating personality" and you mentioned these usernames yesterday as wannabes.

Face your own insecurities and leave those ladies alone!

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by johnkey: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
My own pee is with the idiots feeling fly behind their keyboard quick to call someone they don't know and will never know, calling them broke or rapist or paedophile cause their comments doesn't go with yours. They turn here to their papa house, faceless forum for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by cassidy1996(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
am addicted too
i sleep and wake up on nairaland pages
seun did a good job

6 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Pavore9:

For you to pick on those usernames clearly conveys your intentions. Yesterday it was you and those who align with your views that are people with "intimidating personality" and you mentioned these usernames yesterday as wannabes.

Face your own insecurities and leave those ladies alone!

Pavore9
Time spent: 8,928 hours in total by spending 2hours every day since 2009
Comments: 20,587 posts in total by making 5 comments every single day since 2009, that's eleven years shocked

8 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Nairaland is a social media platform that is irreplaceable.

° Daily national news at your fingertip

° Continuity of numerous educative threads across various section (Tbills thread, Chelsea fan thread, Xiaomi discussion thread)

° Unending banters between users (this thread is a testament)

° The Anonymity it provides which translates to bluntness of posters.

And many more. . . grin

Nairaland is my most visited social media platform and I am not ashamed of it. grin
I like your shinning bright confidence brother cool Know what you are, accept it and wear it like an armor & no one can use it against you.

5 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mariangeles:
Signs you're a jobless stalker, without self-confidence, and shamelessly seeking attention

• When you snoop deep through people's profile, looking for god-knows-what, then calculate how much time they spend online.

• When you create meaningless threads, mention people, and wait desperately for their reactions.

No wahala. Just try to spend more time in the real world if you can

6 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
johnkey:
My own pee is with the idiots feeling fly behind their keyboard quick to call someone they don't know and will never know, calling them broke or rapist or paedophile cause their comments doesn't go with yours. They turn here to their papa house, faceless forum for that matter.
Lol cheesy
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Lamanii22(f): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
@5 I got banned recently.... Mehn... Those few days were so long for me eehn.... Although i feel my ban was unfair cause the other person included "ode" when he quoted me and I fired back....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lamanii22:
@5 I got banned recently.... Mehn... Those few days were so long for me eehn.... Although i feel my ban was unfair cause the other person included "ode" when he quoted me and I fired back....
You're an addict then cool grin

4 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Hathor5(f): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mariangeles:

See classy presentation and delivery of argument. cheesy cool
The last bullet point though. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hathor5:

Carefreewannabe
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Hathor5(f): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Romangalactic:

Carefreewannabe

Who doesn't?

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Dyt(f): 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Mariangeles(f): 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Romangalactic:

No wahala. Just try to spend more time in the real world if you can

Errrrrrrmmmmm....cyberspace is more up to date than the real world! So, I'm good. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Mariangeles(f): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hathor5:

My dear, people will surprise. cheesy

Imagine carrying someone's luggage on his head, and dragging his own by the hand grin

4 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by pocohantas(f): 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
Welcome back Donstan18.

I knew you can’t be away for so long. grin

Welcome back brother...

4 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by traihit: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Maybe I'm addicted, maybe I'm not but I don't really care. The only space on the internet where I spend time is Nairaland but I can do without it.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by PuZZyNegro: 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
1001 reasons why I am addicted to nairaland.

1. I learned the online business that I am doing today on nairaland.

2. Nairaland provides first hand experience of almost anything you ask of or want to know. Ask any question or share an experience and you will see people that will answer you based on their real life experiences

3. News updates (I got to know that the market close to me is on fire by reading through here). Although, sometimes they could delay in updating the Frontpage thereby bringing in stale news

4. Ability to mix work with pleasure (business, investment, romance, sexuality)

5. Free basics (for those managing data). You can access all nairaland features for free

Etc.

Op, I am 100% addicted to this site right from my university days

5 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Pavore9: 1:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

Pavore9
Time spent: 8,928 hours in total by spending 2hours every day since 2009
Comments: 20,587 posts in total by making 5 comments every single day since 2009, that's eleven years shocked

Not bad for a moderator. cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by kamikaze01(m): 6:47am On Jun 05, 2020
I'm now a redpiller. Tnks to NL
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2020
Hathor5:

Who doesn't?
That's a moniker, you are her?
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 7:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Pavore9:

Not bad for a moderator. cheesy cheesy
How much is your salary? cheesy
Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 7:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Mariangeles:

Errrrrrrmmmmm.... cyberspace is more up to date than the real world! So, I'm good. smiley
That's the reason you still can't find a boyfriend who will propose marriage, you're looking for them on cyberspace grin

4 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Romangalactic(m): 7:27am On Jun 05, 2020
pocohantas:
Welcome back Donstan18.

I knew you can’t be away for so long. grin

Welcome back brother...
Just admit you miss that guy, dis one you're seeing his reflection in my post

2 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by pocohantas(f): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

Just admit you miss that guy, dis one you're seeing his reflection in my post

Pettiness, jealousy and a total inability to function outside trolling and making vile remarks is your REFLECTION. No one does it better than you. Goodluck trying to change your lingo henceforth.

Have a nice day... grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Nine Signs Of Nairaland Addiction by Pavore9: 7:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Romangalactic:

How much is your salary? cheesy

Do you need it to help me file my income tax returns? cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Gift For A Grandma? / Her Dad Is Sleeping With Her! Who Does She Tell? / April Fool Has Ruined My Relationship. Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.