Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,008 members, 7,828,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) (56966 Views)

Obituary Of Uwaila Omozuwa Vera: Burial Poster Of Raped UNIBEN Student (Photos) / Uwaila Omozuwa's Sister: Police Demanded For Money Before Taking Up Rape Case / #JusticeForUwa: Vera Uwaila Omozuwa Raped In RCCG Church In Edo, Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Omar09(m): 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Martinez39s:
Very well then, have fun with your public/social media outrage. When you finally apprehend the rapists, let me know. wink

The real people who could do something about this issue have started doing it. Later these social media freaks will think its by their hash tag.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by tot(f): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
[s]
ProfAmaben:

Only a rape apologist knows another. Epistles are for religious works, use your grammar wisely.
[/s]
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by tot(f): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
[s]
Martinez39s:
Ciao.
[/s]
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Martinez39s:
Lol. What have YOU done? What I have done is not the point; my point is emotional public/social media outrage CANNOT solve a thing. It's as harmless as a dog's bite. An effective campaign that will actually do something will be based on facts, will be strategic, will go political, and it will be a continuous effort not some emotional, trending protest that will die down once people's emotions settle.
Dog don bite you before? grin that your metaphor no go ooo grin
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Alaganature(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Uwa come blow when she die.. make God let me blow now not when I'm gone...pity my situation..
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Androidlic: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
ok
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Vulcan24(m): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
how will this solve the case.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
CONFAMA:

Any man capable of rape is capable of murder.
i agree 100%.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Roon9:

A moment she'd always look back to and feel down about herself and being. Its just amongst the most evil acts that the most wicked of men could ever perpetrate
the problem is the stagma that comes with it if they voice out immediately the thing happened. Our society does not encourage them to have a say. the way they would be looked at is even something else.

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lightangel64:

Falsely accusing a man is also taking away his self esteem and he can never be same again

Say no to rape
Say no to false rape accusations
u are right with everything you said. if Nigeria government should pass a bill into law that all rapist should be jailed for life of killed by hanging.. i would be surprised if i start seeing innocent boyfriends being called out by their girlfriends because of getting back at them.

2 Likes

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Roon9(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
habsydiamond:
the problem is the stagma that comes with it if they voice out immediately the thing happened. Our society does not encourage them to have a say. the way they would be looked at is even something else.

Only an slowpoke would stigmatise a rape victim. We need to desensitize people from such notions
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by oluwaecan(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Empiregoodboy:

E be like say you and woman never get matter once, them go do you to the extent that you go like won kill them for public
I think u have some traumatic and psychological issues go check a therapist or counsellor.. killing in public?? may ur girl child,mother,sister live to see u heal cos u are seriously ill
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Lightangel64: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
tot:

Yada yada yada. I wonder what is stopping YOU from coordinating the "strategic campaign".

Are you an anime lord
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Lightangel64: 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Missyajoke:
Sorry for derailing the thread I have a problem with my account
1. My ATM card got lost and I went to the bank to block it due to the amount in the account. I found the ATM later. Since my atm was blocked my account was blocked.
2. Wanted to unblock my account was told to get 3 documents my passport, nin, or the National identity card. So I went to register for nin and was told to collect it the second day and the school was closed the second day due to COVID19 wahala please what can I do I can't withdraw from my account . Please help wat can I do to unblock the account am broke abeg

Ok if you cant transfer, download the mobile app and use it to transfer the money to another account. Or go to the bank and request a transfer to another account,
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Lightangel64: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
Empiregoodboy:
This girl so I no trust her
This man just told us a painful truth about this girl.
I don't support rubbish.

Lol, why are they calling for his arrest, there is right to free speech, he didn't commit libel or slander, and there is a bit of truth to what he said just he said it in a very bad and disrespectful way

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by specialbobby(m): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
But one thing still dey bafle me inside all this rape issue oo
Why e be say any woman way den
Murder na rape they rape am?
Abi e get how dem take know way i no understand no

Just like the way if anyone was attacked in a farm even by the persons enemies from his family everyone go just tag fulani
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by ProfAmaben(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
Meninmen:

Passerby rapists would just be smiling and looking out for their next prey who's probably carrying a placard..

Lol. You are really funny. Then no lady should ever come out again na. We should lock them inside the house for eternity.
That's not the angle I was coming from. What that basically meant was that Rapists are not logical reasoning people. You can carry placard from now till evening and they would still rape you. Even Americans are raped on a daily basis but even with the magnificent technology, rapists still carry our their nefarious crimes albeit on a reduced scale.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Martinez39s(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
Ariza:
Dog don bite you before? grin that your metaphor no go ooo grin
I meant a dog's bark. grin
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by oluwaahmed: 6:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
I did not see any women among the protesters. Abi na only online dem sabi protest
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Germi9: 6:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
gambia:
So what happened to social distance?

#Say No To Rape#Stop Southern kaduna killings#Stop Sokoto Killings#Stop the looting#End Corruption#
stop everything
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
ProfAmaben:

That's not the angle I was coming from. What that basically meant was that Rapists are not logical reasoning people. You can carry placard from now till evening and they would still rape you. Even Americans are raped on a daily basis but even with the magnificent technology, rapists still carry our their nefarious crimes albeit on a reduced scale.

Okay. I get now
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by raphy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
the rapist will be among them screaming in the top of his voice #JUSTICEFORUWA #SAYNOTORAPE

GOD will soon catch them no place for the wicked.

see that niggah in red with no placard carrying his phone In heaven as if you want to record there chants.

so after apostle Suleiman pur money no body can still bring out the rapist.

they are so scared I see.but last last they wil be caught.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Missyajoke(f): 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Galactico4ever:
You can go the bank with your Jamb admission letter +school ID card/school fees receipt if you still have it or you can just register for another NIN.

Thanks I'll try that and inform you of the outcome
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Galactico4ever(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Missyajoke:

Thanks I'll try that and inform you of the outcome
alright miss,goodluck 2moro.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Longman8: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
For those who with their clear conscience committed this bastard act and cut short the precious life of this inspiring young damsel.I say let them never know PEACE until the day they will meet their Waterloo. Amen. #Notorape
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by Empiregoodboy(m): 8:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hufff

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by letitrainnow(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
RIP
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by DriggityDre: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
ProfAmaben:
From an emotional angle, protesting in this manner shows solidarity and love for the dead, but from a logical angle, it is meaningless.

Passerby rapists would just be smiling and looking out for their next prey who's probably carrying a placard.

The solution to all these rape issues is just a robust database that would have the DNA of everyone. It is totally impossible for someone to rape another without leaving traces of their DNA on the person or even in the person in form of semen, sweat, saliva or even hair strands.
Agreed.

Let's be real here. These protests will not change the mind of an average rapist.
Tackling rape crimes involve actual action, not hashtags. Sure, little progress will be made, but it won't be eradicated.

The few rapists that quit, will probably be as a result of an attack on their conscience. Most still go back when the "storm" is over.

With time, these hashtags and protests won't trend anymore, and the few ones using it to abstain from rape, will jump into it once again.

About people calling you a rape apologist; of course people would come for you.
It was a non-conforming statement based on reality.

They always do.

1 Like

Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by ebenhazard(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2020
What of the one that now her for free to lover but still broke up
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by placeofallure(f): 3:06am On Jun 05, 2020
Tpave:
All over the social media is now rape rape rape rape rape.......They deserve justice cos rape is a terrible experience to bear by the victims

You don't know why? This particular one happened in the church of all places. It's like the devil daring God!
The perpetrators will be caught and they will surely get their comeuppance.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by oluwaecan(m): 7:41am On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Empiregoodboy post=90317422]
Na your papa they ill
Aturu, [/quotu
u keep proving you are Ill, healing would be far you know with denial. death embrace you on time Ase.
Re: Uwaila Omozuwa: Protest Rocks Benin Over Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student (photos) by abbaashiru(m): 2:10am On May 17, 2021
gambia:
So what happened to social distance?

#Say No To Rape#Stop Southern kaduna killings#Stop Sokoto Killings#Stop the looting#End Corruption#
Social Distancing on top mattress again... kiss kiss kiss angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamu Uwar, Notorious Kidnapper Arrested While Collecting Ransom In Plateau / Theophilus Okere Who Stabbed His Wife, Beatrice To Death Unaware Of His Action / Man Almost Lynched To Death For Stealing Petrol In Edo [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.