Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? (2146 Views)

Living In The UK: Property,Mortgage And Related / Please What's The Cheapest Way To Send A Package To The UK / How Can I Send A Package From Nigeria To US. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2020
Please can NDLEA hold a package that is not related to drugs.
My brother sent 2 phones to me and my wife through FedEx and FedEx just told me that the package is being held by DSS and NDLEA, they asked me to call them which I did and the so called NDLEA agent is stylishly asking me to bribe them before they release the package. Everything looks so shabby and I have reasons to believe they are trying to scam me. Either FedEx, DSS or NDLEA.

I still don't understand why NDLEA will hold a package that only contains two phones and asking me to give them 40k before they release it!
Even the DSS are saying the same things. Provide payment receipt or settle us. I told them categorically that my brother said the receipt is inside the box but they insisted they can't open it so I don't have any option than to settle them!

You mean you are clearing packages and you can't open them?! What if it's drugs!

All this noise now, we never each custom oo!

2 Likes

Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by thesicilian: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2020
Just look for an affordable lawyer and go with him or her to go see them.
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by pyyxxaro: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hope someone isn’t tryna scam you oh

Shine your eyes Incase
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Go to Twitter and tag Their official handle including the handle of the Nigeria Police then tag some popular Twitter activists and in less than 24 hours, You will get your phone.

The internet (Twitter) is now a powerful force stronger than even the government.

4 Likes

Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by jaytee01(m): 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
SperoQuest:
Go to Twitter and tag Their official handle including the handle of the Nigeria Police then tag some popular Twitter activists and in less than 24 hours, You will get your phone.

The internet (Twitter) is now a powerful force stronger than even the government.
Please take the steps above and I can assure you that not only will you get your package with apologies, those criminals will soon be hustling at the local motor park.
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
jaytee01:
Please take the steps above and I can assure you that not only will you get your package with apologies, those criminals will soon be hustling at the local motor park.
Okay, thanks
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Ruccia2014: 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
Please can NDLEA hold a package that is not related to drugs.
My brother sent 2 phones to me and my wife through FedEx and FedEx just told me that the package is being held by DSS and NDLEA, they asked me to call them which I did and the so called NDLEA agent is stylishly asking me to bribe them before they release the package. Everything looks so shabby and I have reasons to believe they are trying to scam me. Either FedEx, DSS or NDLEA.
I still don't understand why NDLEA will hold a package that only contains two phones and asking me to give them 40k before they release it!
Even the DSS are saying the same things. Provide payment receipt or settle us. I told them categorically that my brother said the receipt is inside the box but they insisted they can't open it so I don't have any option than to settle them!

You mean you are clearing packages and you can't open them?! What if it's drugs!

All this noise now, we never each custom oo!

My brother yes, NDLEA/DSS can hold on to your items, it’s seems it’s a new directive from the Govt, my goods was once held by NDLEA/DSS (it was also a phone) but tnx God for DHL and their efficient team, all I had to do was forward proof of purchase, receipt, relationship with shipper to their representatives and it was released.
But beware, NDLEA/DSS has the right to hold on to your packages now, someone I know, his was seized and hasn’t been released.
Well honestly bro, I use DHL and those guys are good, they are always there to help out their customers.
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by xilohs(m): 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hello.

Please if you've ever encountered this scam while using FedEx or any other carrier, kindly contact me here or send a mail to xilohs@gmail.com. It's time to stop all these. Let's start correcting all the wrongs.

Thank you
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by xilohs(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2022
I need to specify that if its not a legitimate claim or your hard earned money you used, better stay away.

Thank you

xilohs:
Hello.

Please if you've ever encountered this scam while using FedEx or any other carrier, kindly contact me here or send a mail to xilohs@gmail.com. It's time to stop all these. Let's start correcting all the wrongs.

Thank you
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by lamotimi: 11:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
xilohs:
I need to specify that if its not a legitimate claim or your hard earned money you used, better stay away.

Thank you

Good evening, please I’m currently experiencing this same thing now, my sister sent me an iPhone 13pro max and iPhone 8 for my mom and she received a ticket asking I pay 97k. On getting to dhl office they said it has been reevaluated to 225k. I protested and called and they asked I forward phone receipts which I collected from my sister and attached to the mail I sent to los@dhl.com. After that Ndlea started writing my sister demanding marriage certificate and prove that I’m her brother and after she did all that, she got a mail that the Ndlea agent has been changed and asked to write to another mail. Please what is going on. Can anybody help me get my phones please
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Originalsly: 4:06am On Oct 17, 2022
My advice is to first ask the sender to contact Customer Service of the company in the US. Have details including tracking number on hand before calling. If it's their agent responsible for the hold up ... the matter will be immediately resolved and sender likely to be refunded. Because of stolen phones abroad being shipped to Nigeria ... Customs probably are now requiring proof of purchase or whatever.....and this can cause a hold up. In this case... demanding a bribe is illegal. You need to play along.... record the conversations and try to get as much information about the caller , location ... how the money is to be paid... where?.. to whom?... to what account?... to which bank? .... then seek help to get the person cornered.
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by osazee999: 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2023
Please help me guys my shipment is hold my Ndlea and I already pay 84k to customs clearance from DHL! Please what to do to get my phone from them ���

Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Lisaint(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10
When did ndlea start holding phones abeg

Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Adv14(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18
Lisaint:
When did ndlea start holding phones abeg
I tire for them
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Adv14(m): 8:35pm On Apr 18
osazee999:
Please help me guys my shipment is hold my Ndlea and I already pay 84k to customs clearance from DHL! Please what to do to get my phone from them ���
How did you solve this am having the same issue
Re: Please Is It Possible For NDLEA To Hold A Package That Is Not Related To Drugs? by Lisaint(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19
Adv14:

I tire for them

Which country are u shipping from?

Whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

The Scariest And Most Dangerous Roads In The World / Cheap Universities Abroad That Offer M.sc Biotechnology Or Biochemistry / Angola :interesting Things You Should Know About It As A Tourist And Entrepreneu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.