Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,717 members, 7,844,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

What Movie Did You Watch Today? - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Did You Watch Today? (34427 Views)

Top 10 Movies On Netflix To Watch Today – March 27, 2022 - Tolu Olulana / Guys Which Movie Did You Watched And Got Addicted To In This Lockdown / What Movie Are You Searching For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
BetWinners:

It is a movie i recommend to everyone.The gang rape scene was also shown in graphic detail not to titillate the audience but to disgust them
I think I will pass. The mind quails embarassed cry
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by naptu2: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

I think I will pass. The mind quails embarassed cry

You haven't watched it??
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
naptu2:

You haven't watched it??
Nope.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
Guns Akimbo-

Gruelling, relentless and very graphic violence, display of sensitive parts (Radcliffe's character's supposed _penis was briefly shown), strong language, a character smokes pot, another sniffs coke, someone's fingers were severed, gore, blood...the list is endless. The only explanation for why Miles crashes head first through a windscreen in a high speed collision and survives is- "na make believe".

The film is a tongue-in-cheek commentary on modern society's consumption of violence glorifying materials, i.e comics, video games, music et al. We are becoming numb to violence in our environment, and some level, some even find it entertaining (as shown in Miles' rant that drew derisive laughter from the audience).

I find the movie gory, bloody but very entertaining, (which is exactly what this movie is pointing out) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by joseph1832(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
Speed.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
REVENGE---1990
This is a tragic-romance where Kevin Costner plays a newly retired pilot who travels to Mexico to spend sometime with his friend who is a crime boss in the country.
Costner's character then starts an affair with his friend's much younger wife.When they are eventually caught,the consequences are dire & it leads to Costner's character revengeful path

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nekr0N(m): 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:
Guns Akimbo-

Gruelling, relentless and very graphic violence, display of sensitive parts (Radcliffe's character's supposed _penis was briefly shown), strong language, a character smokes pot, another sniffs coke, someone's fingers were severed, gore, blood...the list is endless. The only explanation for why Miles crashes head first through a windscreen in a high speed collision and survives is- "na make believe".

The film is a tongue-in-cheek commentary on modern society's consumption of violence glorifying materials, i.e comics, video games, music et al. We are becoming numb to violence in our environment, and some level, some even find it entertaining (as shown in Miles' rant that drew derisive laughter from the audience).

I find the movie gory, bloody but very entertaining, (which is exactly what this movie is pointing out) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7/10

Looks like you only find trashy movies intreresting

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nekr0N:

Looks like you only find trashy movies intreresting
Trashy is purely objective
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nekr0N(m): 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

Trashy is purely objective

Nope..trash is trash

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nekr0N:

Nope..trash is trash
Na you sabi
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by TopeQs: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2020
A fall from Grace. (2020)

4/10

it's a fine movie, but so predictable..
more like a waste of time watching all, when you can watch the beginning, midpoint, end and still get the movie.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
FALLING DOWN---1993
Michael Douglas plays an unemployed man who gets frustrated in a gridlock while on his way to his daughter's birthday party & decides to trek there.
On his journey,he has confrontations with street beggars,gang members,neo nazis & store clerks.Some of the encounters end violently

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
BetWinners:
FALLING DOWN---1993
Michael Douglas plays an unemployed man who gets frustrated in a gridlock while on his way to his daughter's birthday party & decides to trek there.
On his journey,he has confrontations with street beggars,gang members,neo nazis & store clerks.Some of the encounters and violently
Seems interesting.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Accused-

It's very disturbing but I had to force myself to watch it.

What a bummer. Rape is a very horrible thing and the fact that it is on the rise shows there's something deeply wrong with our society. It has always been there but now...

Lord, so sick. cry

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Wedding Party-

I've been meaning to watch this movie since forever but I've not been able to get myself to. Now that I have time today I decided to watch it, and... oh well. There are laughs, exaggerated humour, colour and a certain Nigerianess about some of the characters and their antics that made me smile.

In all, not bad. I won't be rewatching it but it's not bad.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Shadow of doubt. 1943.
Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
Starring Joseph Cotten and Teresa Wright.

A dark thriller about an uncle and his niece.
The movie is in black and white but that does not disturb the suspense that only Hitchcock can bring to a movie. It is a movie about how a young lady can love a relative untill she discovers that the relative is not who he claims to be.
It's a slow burner but the end is not to be missed! The movie feels dated but the camera shots are brilliant and very sharp.
If you love Hitchcock movies like I do,I suggest you watch it, but on the other hand if you do not like suspense movies with a lot of dialogue you might want to give it a miss.
8/10.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ishilove:

Seems interesting.
It is
The themes explored in the movie are still relevant today
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
BetWinners:

It is
The themes explored in the movie are still relevant today
Added to my download list.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Good Son-

As daddycrazy, who recommended this movie noted, it has a lot of similarities with The Bad Seed', although the latter is more shocking than the former. It's like The Good Son was tentatively exploring the hitherto anathema theme of child psychopathy, while The Bad Seed just went full out to scream "it exists!!"

Elijah Woods costars with Macaulay Culkin and his eyes were as compelling when he was a 11 year old child actor as they are now as an adult. Those big, beautiful hazel eyes seem to carry in them a depth that holds so many secrets...

Let me not get overly dramatic. Great movie!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
State of Siege. 1972.
Directed by Costra Gavas.
Starring Yves Montand

The movie is in French but it is subtitled in English. The movie takes place in an unnamed South American country where strife and civil unrest reign despite efforts of the government in power. The revolutionary groups make the country unruly for the administration,so they invite American agents under the guise of USAID to train the police force. Philip Michael Santore is the current agent training the police force,so the rebels decide to kidnap him and threaten to kill him except the government releases their colleagues in detention.The film centres on the suspense of whether he lives or dies.

Once again if you are not big on lots of dialogue,you may like to give it a miss.
5/10

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
You were never really here. 2017
Directed by Lynne Ramsey.
Starring Joaquin Phoenix.

An enforcer with a hammer!
If you are a fan of how Joaquin Phoenix embodies and embraces his role in his movies then you will love this film. He is a lumbering heavy footed enforcer who doesn't use a gun. His weapon of choice is a steel hammer with which he clubbers his opponents. Lots of blood and gore and a nice political twist at the end.
6/10.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Viking007(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Pursuit of Happyness. 10/10

Rewatch.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Dantedasz:
State of Siege. 1972.
Directed by Costra Gavas.
Starring Yves Montand

The movie is in French but it is subtitled in English. The movie takes place in an unnamed South American country where strife and civil unrest reign despite efforts of the government in power. The revolutionary groups make the country unruly for the administration,so they invite American agents under the guise of USAID to train the police force. Philip Michael Santore is the current agent training the police force,so the rebels decide to kidnap him and threaten to kill him except the government releases their colleagues in detention.The film centres on the suspense of whether he lives or dies.

Once again if you are not big on lots of dialogue,you may like to give it a miss.
5/10
Americans always portraying themselves as heroes.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Viking007:

Rewatch.
One of Smith's most powerful performances.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by izzou(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
The Count of Monte Cristo

Just finished watching it again. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Weirdgee: 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
Viking007:

Rewatch.
Nigerian?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
The killing. 1956
Directed by Stanley Kubrick.
Starring Sterling Hayden,Marie Windsor and many others.

If you haven't watched this crime thriller,you may like to do so asap. This is the movie that influenced Quentin Tarantino's 1992 film Reservoir dogs. This is Kubrick at his darkest best. And don't you dare miss the end which is totally staggering.
Just to warn you this movie is in black and white. On the other hand the way the crime is carried out and timed to perfection is what makes this movie a rollercoaster ride.
9/10.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Liposure: 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
WAITING TO EXHALE
Here comes a drama that took my breath away. Featuring the best of the best at the time. It carried a powerful message of hope n love 4 women around the world. Something feminists would like

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by teemac01(m): 1:17am On Jun 13, 2020
dead pool 2
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2020
The hidden. 1987.
Directed by Jack Sholder.
Starring Kyle Machlaclan and Michael Nouri.
Science fiction/Thriller.

A pair of police officers are assigned to stop a robbery/crime spree in Los Angeles. Only that their opponent is an alien form that can take the form of any living thing. A rollercoaster of action. If you liked the terminator movies or the MIB movies,then you will like this one.
7/10.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2020
Liposure:
WAITING TO EXHALE
Here comes a drama that took my breath away. Featuring the best of the best at the time. It carried a powerful message of hope n love 4 women around the world. Something feminists would like
Are you just watching it? This movie made waves back in the 90s cheesy
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:33am On Jun 13, 2020
izzou:
The Count of Monte Cristo

Just finished watching it again. cheesy
Very very interesting. This was my first Jim Caviezel movie. Too bad the guy just faded away. Last time I saw him was in Green Book.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Let There Be Miracle, Signs & Wonders This Sunday - Paul Okoye (photo) / Bbnaija: Tacha Reconciles With Thelma After Fight (Photo) / #BBNaija: K.Brule Wants To Marry Khloe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.