Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

What Movie Did You Watch Today? - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Did You Watch Today? (34437 Views)

Top 10 Movies On Netflix To Watch Today – March 27, 2022 - Tolu Olulana / Guys Which Movie Did You Watched And Got Addicted To In This Lockdown / What Movie Are You Searching For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
WOLF---1994
This is a romantic/horror movie where Jack Nicholson plays an editor-in-chief of a publishing house who gets bitten by a wolf he hit with his car while driving home on a snowy night.He then finds himself slowly evolving into a werewolf.Michelle Pfeiffer plays his love interest

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
I got banned for a whole day. I didn't argue with anybody. I didn't post off the point of the thread. I didn't quote anyone.I just reviewed movies I had watched. Something is wrong somewhere.
Funny
! undecided
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE---2001
In this neo-noir crime/drama set in 1949 & filmed in black & white,Billy Bob Thornton plays a quiet barber who gets involved in the court trial of his wife accused of killing her boss because she was having an affair with him.Scarlett Johansson also plays a 16 year old pianist in the film.
The movie was directed & written by the Coen brothers

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
BetWinners:
In this neo-noir crime/drama set in 1949 & filmed in black & white,Billy Bob Thornton plays a quiet barber who gets involved in the court trial of his wife accused of killing her boss because she was having an affair with him.Scarlett Johansson also plays a 16 year old pianist in the film.

The movie is very philosophical. Hated the ending.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Dantedasz(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
I got banned again. I think I am done on this thread.I didn't quote any links. I didnt quote anyone. I just reviewed movies I watched in my own words.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
BetWinners:
WOLF---1994
This is a romantic/horror movie where Jack Nicholson plays an editor-in-chief of a publishing house who gets bitten by a wolf he hit with his car while driving home on a snowy night.He then finds himself slowly evolving into a werewolf.Michelle Pfeiffer plays his love interest
Werewolf movie... I'll pass angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dantedasz:
I got banned for a whole day. I didn't argue with anybody. I didn't post off the point of the thread. I didn't quote anyone.I just reviewed movies I had watched. Something is wrong somewhere.
Funny
! undecided
Likely spam bot. It doesn't ban for links alone. Sometimes when your network misbehaves and you have certain characters like formatting codes (bold, italics etc) in your post you get banned. Happens a lot, especially if your post is a bit lengthy.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2020
BetWinners:
If it is a Coen movie then I will definitely download.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
Extraction-

I am pleasantly surprised to see Chris Hemsworth playing a role different from the prettyboy big, dumb blonde. His character is tough, brooding yet sensitive. A broken man with deep issues. I am very impressed.

I noticed some very John Wick-ish moves though. How can a zillion people be shooting at you yet miss, but you raise your gun a couple of times and hit them like you're swatting flies? undecided

Anyhu, I kuku suspended belief and enjoyed the movie for purely entertainment purposes.

Exquisite, bloody gun fights, intense hand to hand combats, violent portrayals of death. Typical 21st century action movie.

7.5/10 for Hemsworth's portrayal.

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by kkins25(m): 1:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Ishilove:
Extraction-

I am pleasantly surprised to see Chris Hemsworth playing a role different from the prettyboy big, dumb blonde. His character is tough, brooding yet sensitive. A broken man with deep issues. I am very impressed.

I noticed some very John Wick-ish moves though. How can a zillion people be shooting at you yet miss, but you raise your gun a couple of times and hit them like you're swatting flies? undecided

Anyhu, I kuku suspended belief and enjoyed the movie for purely entertainment purposes.

Exquisite, bloody gun fights, intense hand to hand combats, violent portrayals of death. Typical 21st century action movie.

7.5/10 for Hemsworth's portrayal.
its like action movies are going john wick
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
WAG THE DOG---1997
This is a black comedy/political satire where Robert De niro plays a media consultant hired by the U.S Government to divert the American populace attention for 2 weeks after the President was caught making advances on a young lady in the white house.
De niro's character then hires a Hollywood producer (played by Dustin Hoffman) who formulates a story about the republic of Albania possessing nuclear weapons & threatening to use them on the U.S.
This movie was released a couple of weeks before the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal became public knowledge

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ne zha. Nice animation,i will rate it 9/10.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
With all the hype about Ne Zha I am going to download and see.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by joseph1832(m): 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ishilove:
With all the hype about Ne Zha I am going to download and see.
please do. You'll like it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD---2007

In this crime/drama,Philip Seymour Hoffman & Ethan Hawke play brothers Andy & Hank who encounter financial difficulties & decide to rob their parents jewelry store.The job goes wrong & the movie depicts the events on the day of,before & after the robbery.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Naked_

I don't know why it was critically panned but i enjoyed it. Starring Marlon Wayans and you know how it is with Wayans movies grin

It's a movie about you chronic bachelors that refuse to get your shit_ together.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Khaytunechi: 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) - 8.5/10

Simply engaging, and very interesting.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Olude193: 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
The postcard killings
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by IHate9jerianss(m): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
BetWinners:
BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD---2007

In this crime/drama,Philip Seymour Hoffman & Ethan Hawke play brothers Andy & Hank who encounter financial difficulties & decide to rob their parents jewelry store.The job goes wrong & the movie depicts the events on the day of,before & after the robbery.
I've never heard of this film but decided to give it a try after reading your recommendation & it's brilliant.You're doing a good things here.Keep.it up

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
RED ROCK WEST---1993

In this neo noir,Nicholas Cage plays a drifter who arrives in a small town called 'Red Rock' & is mistakenly hired by the town's sheriff to kill his wife.Confusion begins

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
BetWinners:
RED ROCK WEST---1993

In this neo noir,Nicholas Cage plays a drifter who arrives in a small town called 'Red Rock' & is mistakenly hired by the town's sheriff to kill his wife.Confusion begins

You've a great taste. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Liposure: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ishilove:
Naked_

I don't know why it was critically panned but i enjoyed it. Starring Marlon Wayans and you know how it is with Wayans movies grin

It's a movie about you chronic bachelors that refuse to get your shit_ together.
it didnt come as a surprise 2 me. Afterall, its black comedy
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Thanks to everyone for the praise I have received on this thread

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Freaks-

This movie is very interesting. It's about a girl who thinks her overprotective father is paranoid, and she finally goes out into the world, discovers that the dangers are very real. I have never been much of a sci-fi person but this one takes the cake.

8.5/10. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
This place is a gold mine! Following...

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ishilove:
Freaks-

This movie is very interesting. It's about a girl who thinks her overprotective father is paranoid, and she finally goes out into the world, discovers that the dangers are very real. I have never been much of a sci-fi person but this one takes the cake.

8.5/10. grin

She's very powerful, possibly the most powerful mutant in the film's universe.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
RayMcBlue:

She's very powerful, possibly the most powerful mutant in the film's universe.
She isn't the most powerful. Her mum is but I think she may end up being more powerful than her mum as she grows.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ne Zha-

I don't want to even begin to imagine the work that was put into this movie. It's mind-blowing!

joseph1832, you were right. The movie is worth the hype. _Fucking awesome!!! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BankyGee(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Ishilove:
Ne Zha-

I don't want to even begin to imagine the work that was put into this movie. It's mind-blowing!

joseph1832, you were right. The movie is worth the hype. _Fucking awesome!!! shocked
You welcome bro... I cant describe the awesomity (if there's a word like that grin)
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
BankyGee:

You welcome bro... I cant describe the awesomity (if there's a word like that grin)
Awesomity is an understatement grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

#BBNaija: K.Brule Wants To Marry Khloe / BBNaija: Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe Flying An Airplane As Pilot (Video) / Bbnaija Housemate Khloe Twerks For Rico (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.