Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? (7386 Views)

Toyota Corolla Or Mini Bus Suzuki. Which One Is Suitable For Transport Business? / Durability Of Suzuki Every Mini / [b]daihatsu Hijet Vs Suzuki Every[/b] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Impulse80(m): 8:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Hello good people, I'm looking to buy either one of these mini buses to augment my income. The vehicle will be used for commercial transport and I'll be driving it as a side hustle.

Please these are the two most common mini buses in Nigeria. I need input from experts and people who have first hand experience.

Which make is better?

Should I buy their turbo versions?

And lastly, should I buy the automatic or manual transmission?

Abeg I need your inputs, I don't want to waste this small money I've saved.
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by NaijadrivaCars: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2020
None, just buy KOROPE tongue

Seriously, both seem to be OK sha but I would go with Suzuki Every straight engine + manual.
Use good oils like Mobil 1000, etc so that the oil don't clog tiny holes in the engine but change the oils every 2-3weeks if you use it constantly for more than 8hrs per day.

You can buy 3cylinder or 4cylinder types. 3cylinder saves more fuel but "slower" that is, less horsepower.

Avoid the turbo engines and automatic drives.

Buy the one that is not converted o (RHD > LHD).

Instead of Daihatsu Hijet, I prefer Daihatsu Altrai.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by nurey(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2020
Impulse80:
Hello good people, I'm looking to buy either one of these mini buses to augment my income. The vehicle will be used for commercial transport and I'll be driving it as a side hustle.

Please these are the two most common mini buses in Nigeria. I need input from experts and people who have first hand experience.

Which make is better?

Should I buy their turbo versions?

And lastly, should I buy the automatic or manual transmission?

Abeg I need your inputs, I don't want to waste this small money I've saved.

By their strength

1. Suzuki carry 1.3/Bedford Bongo

2. Suzuki every

3. mazda

4. Daihatsu

They all have same identical engine but the daihatsu body design losses shape easily. for transportation manual is far better though automatic is easier in Lagos traffic.
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Impulse80(m): 10:02am On Jun 05, 2020
nurey:

By their strength

1. Suzuki carry 1.3/Bedford Bongo

2. Suzuki every

3. mazda

4. Daihatsu

They all have same identical engine but the daihatsu body design losses shape easily. for transportation manual is far better though automatic is easier in Lagos traffic.

Thanks very much Sir. I've checked the Suzuki carry and it's quite big. What do you think about the turbo versions of these mini buses? I heard they're faster.
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Impulse80(m): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Seriously, both seem to be OK sha but I would go with Suzuki Every straight engine + manual.
Use good oils like Mobil 1000, etc so that the oil don't clog tiny holes in the engine but change the oils every 2-3weeks if you use it constantly for more than 8hrs per day.

You can buy 3cylinder or 4cylinder types. 3cylinder saves more fuel but "slower" that is, less horsepower.

Wow, this is insightful. Is there a problem with the turbo engines?
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by nurey(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2020
Impulse80:

Thanks very much Sir. I've checked the Suzuki carry and it's quite big. What do you think about the turbo versions of these mini buses? I heard they're faster.

leave the turbo because

1. turbos are engine oil sensitive

2. transportation is stressful on engines, it may reduce the lifespan of the turbo. you won't want to add turbo changing to regular maintenance.

The carry isn't big, but better for cargo hauling because of the engine capacity and rear axle size

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Impulse80(m): 3:30am On Jun 06, 2020
nurey:

leave the turbo because

2. transportation is stressful on engines, it may reduce the lifespan of the turbo. you won't want to add turbo changing to regular maintenance.

The carry isn't big, but better for cargo hauling because of the engine capacity and rear axle size

Okay Thanks sir.
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Gkemz: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Pls can you explain further why automatic drive is not suitable for transportation because I'm about to purchase one (Nigerian used) which I could afford for now. I wish to drive it for one year to raise money and purchase 4plug manual Diahatsu Atrai for a longer distance.
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gkemz:

Pls can you explain further why automatic drive is not suitable for transportation because I'm about to purchase one (Nigerian used) which I could afford for now. I wish to drive it for one year to raise money and purchase 4plug manual Diahatsu Atrai for a longer distance.

Manual transmissions are much less complex than autos.
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by alphaNomega: 3:45am On Jun 20, 2020
nurey:

leave the turbo because

Does it really have a turbo, or it's just a name?
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Amondayweh: 7:56am On Jun 20, 2020
Impulse80:

Okay Thanks sir.
am using automatic Suzuki every and I haven't noticed any problem with it for two years now

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by nurey(m): 8:12am On Jun 20, 2020
alphaNomega:
Does it really have a turbo, or it's just a name?

I believe turbo engines were phased out as from 2000 model year vehicles as it was of no use much to the utility use of the vehicle, maintenance associated with turbo and the roads the vehicles plied
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by Deltafirstson(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
NaijadrivaCars:

Where can one see that one that's not converted?
Re: Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every? by netzro(m): 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2021
Amondayweh:
am using automatic Suzuki every and I haven't noticed any problem with it for two years now
Good day

Please what oil do you use for the engine and the transmission

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Many Cars And Houses Does 2face Idibia Have? / Chinese Tech Giant Tencent Buys $1.7 Billion Worth Of Tesla Shares / NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.