Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology (7388 Views)

Pictures Of Chevrolet Volt Designed By Jelani Aliyu, The New DG Of NADDC / Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by AutoJoshNG: 1:27pm On May 31, 2017
Director General of National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC), Mr. Jelani Aliyu, MFR, has challenged auto technicians and mechanics in Nigeria to show keen interests in emerging technologies in the automotive industry so that they would be in tune with the newer systems.

On his part, he gave a commitment that NADDC would continue to support and collaborate with the national associations of the auto technicians with a view to ensuring that cars on Nigerian roads were safe and working at efficient levels.
Mr. Jelani Aliyu Aliyu was speaking in Abuja today Wednesday May 31, 2017 while receiving a delegation of Motor Mechanics and Technicians Association of Nigeria (MOMTAN) led by its National President, Engr. Chief S.A. Oseni.
The NADDC boss was particularly delighted that MOMTAN had a very good history of working relationship with the Council over the years, stressing that auto technicians had very important roles to play in the development of the auto industry sector.

In his remarks, MOMTAN President congratulated Mr. Jelani Aliyu on his well deserved appointment and pledged the total support of the association to the various programmes and activities of NADDC.
Engr. Oseni was full of appreciation for the tremendous support MOMTAN had received from the Federal Government through NADDC especially in the areas of training and retraining of its members in auto mechatronics engineering, donation of auto diagnostic scanners and tools as well as membership of Sector Skills Council for the auto industry.

He stated that MOMTAN was the umbrella body of motor mechanics and auto technicians in Nigeria.

https://autojosh.com/naddc-director-jelani-aliyu-challenges-auto-technicians/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 31, 2017
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by Teewhy2: 7:17am On Jun 01, 2017
Our mechanics are just like us typical Nigerians, they hardly embrace change in attitude and believes that the old method that has been learnt under their master when they are still doing apprenticeship is still the main thing when manufacturers have stopped producing motor and producing machines on wheels.
I think the percentage of educated mechanics in the country compared with the uneducated is still much that is one of the major problem.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

5 Likes

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by vicoloni(m): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2017
Cool
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by kabayomi(m): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2017
This man looks humble for face but deep down im fit be fire oo shocked

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 01, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Director General of National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC), Mr. Jelani Aliyu, MFR, has challenged auto technicians and mechanics in Nigeria to show keen interests in emerging technologies in the automotive industry so that they would be in tune with the newer systems.

On his part, he gave a commitment that NADDC would continue to support and collaborate with the national associations of the auto technicians with a view to ensuring that cars on Nigerian roads were safe and working at efficient levels.
Mr. Jelani Aliyu Aliyu was speaking in Abuja today Wednesday May 31, 2017 while receiving a delegation of Motor Mechanics and Technicians Association of Nigeria (MOMTAN) led by its National President, Engr. Chief S.A. Oseni.
The NADDC boss was particularly delighted that MOMTAN had a very good history of working relationship with the Council over the years, stressing that auto technicians had very important roles to play in the development of the auto industry sector.

In his remarks, MOMTAN President congratulated Mr. Jelani Aliyu on his well deserved appointment and pledged the total support of the association to the various programmes and activities of NADDC.
Engr. Oseni was full of appreciation for the tremendous support MOMTAN had received from the Federal Government through NADDC especially in the areas of training and retraining of its members in auto mechatronics engineering, donation of auto diagnostic scanners and tools as well as membership of Sector Skills Council for the auto industry.

He stated that MOMTAN was the umbrella body of motor mechanics and auto technicians in Nigeria.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

such a TRIBALISTIC bigot Regime?....let me waka joor....

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by takenadoh: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2017
This guy don show Naija?
Lol hope he does well!
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by yeyeboi(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Ok
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by cremeboy: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Randy91:

such a TRIBALISTIC bigot Regime?....let me waka joor....
sharrap!!

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by Kabirdanjuma: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2017
This guy is very brilliant. Iam sure Nigerian will very soon start manufacturing cars etc. Kudos to Jelani Aliyu.

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by NwaAmaikpe: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2017
shocked
TRYING to imagine my mechanic make parts orders through eBay and jumia

Then pay him via POS
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 01, 2017
They prefer this system

"start the engine, oya fire am small, fire am again, cut your steering full _return am". Oga, na your shaft grin. I think most mechanics would appreciate technology, but how many of them can afford it?

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by samlak1999: 7:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Good morning everyone there is a contest going on currently on nairaland. Please I am a participant pls click on this link and move to the bottom of the page you will see a post by "samlak1999" pls just like and share please help invite your friend to. I you don't have an account just register. Pls voting end on Saturday night.

www.nairaland.com/3829110/ill-giving-out-n5000-sunday/1
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by OzyMigrant: 7:26am On Jun 01, 2017
Oga Jelani you have to get the auto manufacturing coys involved and create a certification path for this mechanics.......They shouldn't be gbogbonise.

Also the Technician body should try and standardise their rate across the country, let there be dignity in Labour.

2 Likes

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by MrMystrO(m): 7:33am On Jun 01, 2017
kk
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by motherfuckers: 7:37am On Jun 01, 2017
Teewhy2:
Our mechanics are just like us typical Nigerians, they hardly embrace change in attitude and believes that the old method that has been learnt under their master when they are still doing apprenticeship is still the main thing when manufacturers have stopped producing motor and producing machines on wheels.
I think the percentage of educated mechanics in the country compared with the uneducated is still much that is one of the major problem.

Most of them are illiterates. This where our so called graduates should step in and change things.

I am going to change food sector by mechanizing it, package it, brand it into a supermarket unlike the current state of things now. That's what we the graduates supposed to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by Teewhy2: 7:42am On Jun 01, 2017
motherfuckers:

Most of them are illiterates. This where our so called graduates should step in and change things.

I am going to change food sector by mechanizing it, package it, brand it into a supermarket unlike the current state of things now. That's what we the graduates supposed to do.
That's the spirit, wish you best of luck in your endeavour

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by motherfuckers: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2017
Teewhy2:

That's the spirit, wish you best of luck in your endeavour
bro, thanks and God bless you. It's a multimillion naira business. I want to build it into a franchise. Even with the current ugly nature of things, people are still buying and can't do without it lol.
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by agitator: 8:06am On Jun 01, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is good progress, from car designer to mechnaics adviser. wink wink wink
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by jantavanta(m): 8:22am On Jun 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
TRYING to imagine my mechanic make parts orders through eBay and jumia

Then pay him via POS

That is what I discovered mechanics in other parts of the world have been equipped to do, without being graduates.
They even have online forums where ideas are shared.
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by jantavanta(m): 8:25am On Jun 01, 2017
agitator:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this is good progress, from car designer to mechnaics adviser. wink wink wink

Perhaps, to be relevant to the Nigerian environment where we repair and repair second-hand vehicles rather than buy brand new cars. undecided
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by agitator: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2017
jantavanta:

Perhaps, to be relevant to the Nigerian environment where we repair and repair second-hand vehicles rather than buy brand new cars. undecided

So that is how other countries developed, by bringing back their intellectuals and using them to head boards. undecided undecided undecided

I was expecting the government to make some investment or encourage investors by giving them concessions if they can bring back Nigerian experts in diaspora to work in the companies. This would have ultimately translated to knowledge transfer for those at home. cool cool cool

Is it not demeaning for a designer to come back to head a board that has nothing to do with designing? The white experts will reject such jobs outright without a second thought, because it will kill their passion and career. wink wink wink
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by stefanweeks: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2017
I want to describe Mr Jelani's appointment as a round peg in a round hole.

This is one of the accurate appointment this administration has made, just hope they will give him the decency of being independent and in control of the council.

Congrats, i 'believe' in you

NOTE; i am Igbo.

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by jantavanta(m): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2017
agitator:

So that is how other countries developed, by bringing back their intellectuals and using them to head boards. undecided undecided undecided

I was expecting the government to make some investment or encourage investors by giving them concessions if they can bring back Nigerian experts in diaspora to work in the companies. This would have ultimately translated to knowledge transfer for those at home. cool cool cool

Is it not demeaning for a designer to come back to head a board that has nothing to do with designing? The white experts will reject such jobs outright without a second thought, because it will kill their passion and career. wink wink wink

I recall that OBJ brought a Nigerian Prof from a Japanese University to head NITDA. Let us keep watching. This will be a test case for future reference.
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by pokipoki: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
I wonder what Aliyu will contribute to the auto sector development both short and long term.
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by agitator: 9:26am On Jun 01, 2017
jantavanta:

I recall that OBJ brought a Nigerian Prof from a Japanese University to head NITDA. Let us keep watching. This will be a test case for future reference.

This your story is comparing apple and oranges. The prof was teaching, there is nothing wrong in bringing him to apply is knowledge into NITDA.

It won't be a problem if Nigeria is manufacturing cars and the guy is brought to coordinate the designing aspect. This body was just created to do nothing. What Nigeria needs is a national body that looks into safety of cars, set acceptable standards, etc as is done in other countries, or regions.

I am not against bringing in Nigerian experts in diaspora cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by agitator: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2017
stefanweeks:
I want to describe Mr Jelani's appointment as a round square in a round hole.

This is one of the accurate appointment this administration has made, just hope they will give him the decency of being independent and in control of the council.

Congrats, i 'believe' in you

NOTE; i am Igbo.

Please can you explain "a round square in a round hole" in common man language. thanks wink wink wink
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by stefanweeks: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2017
agitator:

Please can you explain "a round square in a round hole" in common man language. thanks wink wink wink

Sorry, 'Peg' is what i meant
Re: NADDC Director Jelani Aliyu Challenges Mechanics To Embrace Technology by jantavanta(m): 11:33am On Jun 01, 2017
agitator:

This your story is comparing apple and oranges. The prof was teaching, there is nothing wrong in bringing him to apply is knowledge into NITDA.

It won't be a problem if Nigeria is manufacturing cars and the guy is brought to coordinate the designing aspect. This body was just created to do nothing. What Nigeria needs is a national body that looks into safety of cars, set acceptable standards, etc as is done in other countries, or regions.

I am not against bringing in Nigerian experts in diaspora cool cool cool

I appreciate your explanation. I am learning more from you about how govt should support our car industry.

I mentioned the Prof, because back then I got some opinions that NITDA did not achieve its goal. The explanation given to me was that the ICT developmental needs of Japan was different from that of Nigeria. I do not know if that explanation would also apply to Cars.

I will still communicate later on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Tech Giant Tencent Buys $1.7 Billion Worth Of Tesla Shares / Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.