Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

- Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / (5460 Views)

Can U Guess Which Is Samsung A72 And Which Is Xiaomi 10 pro / Is Samsung's 8K TV, Q800t (2020) Worth 2.5 Million Naira?! / 6000mah Battery +48mp Camera -is Samsung M30s Worth The Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by VirginSearcher(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: by Stylish186(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
giyf.com also watch many unboxing videos of the phone on youtube

1 Like

Re: by yungsmart(m): 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Guys I need your input from those that are using the new Samsung Galaxy S20 5G or knows someone using it because I want to get the phone, is it worth the money? any specific prons and cons noticed from anyone using it? and please don't tell me to buy iPhone cause I'm not a fan of it.

Waiting for your kind response.

Thanks

You can watch YouTube review videos. But if you want a direct competitor at a lower price, checkout OnePlus 8 pro or Xiaomi10 pro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
yungsmart:

You can watch YouTube review videos. But if you want a direct competitor at a lower price, checkout OnePlus 8 pro or Xiaomi10 pro
Alright, thanks
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
Stylish186:
giyf.com also watch many unboxing videos of the phone on youtube
Thanks
Re: by ibawon(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
You can just get a 1+8 Pro

4 Likes

Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
ibawon:
You can just get a 1+8 Pro
Okay
Re: by Telvin7(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Guys I need your input from those that are using the new Samsung Galaxy S20 5G or knows someone using it because I want to get the phone, is it worth the money? any specific prons and cons noticed from anyone using it? and please don't tell me to buy iPhone cause I'm not a fan of it.

Thanks
The phone is really great ..
But buy the Snapdragon version if you want to enjoy the most of it.

8 Likes

Re: by Openbusiness: 5:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Thanks
Buy, it is worth the money

1 Like

Re: by mikron(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
Anything Sammy is worth the money, though expensive but if you can afford the S20 buy it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Buy the snapdragon version. The exynos version which is the ones sold brand new in Nigeria is slower and throttles down with extended use.

Snapdragon version is about 22% faster, doesn't get heated while the exynos version suffers from thermal throttle. At first use both phones might work the same, but after extended use the exynos starts slowing down for to thermal throttling. Also the snapdragon has a better battery life. Samsung need to stop this their exynos nonsense and ship all their flagship phones with snapdragon. It's a shame most people around the globe actually get the exynos version which is an inferior phone. They only sell the snapdragon version in the us and a few selected countries. If u cannot get the snapdragon version u might wanna consider other options. Unless of course u don't care about those things and just have the feeling that u are using a Samsung flagship phone.

Check these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUSe8kgIE8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHxRH8aYnUU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Danielle123: 1:30am On Jun 06, 2020
Galaxy s20 in nigeria is different from the the one in US. Is less battery efficient and less powerful. Forget sammy, buy LG V60 with snapdragon 865.

1 Like

Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 3:20am On Jun 06, 2020
Telvin7:

The phone is really great ..
But buy the Snapdragon version if you want to enjoy the most of it.
Wow! I grab
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 3:21am On Jun 06, 2020
Openbusiness:

Buy, it is worth the money
Alright
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 3:21am On Jun 06, 2020
mikron:
Anything Sammy is worth the money, though expensive but if you can afford the S20 buy it
Great, I will

1 Like

Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 3:23am On Jun 06, 2020
greenhulk:
Buy the snapdragon version. The exynos version which is the ones sold brand new in Nigeria is slower and throttles down with extended use.

Snapdragon version is about 22% faster, doesn't get heated while the exynos version suffers from thermal throttle. At first use both phones might work the same, but after extended use the exynos starts slowing down for to thermal throttling. Also the snapdragon has a better battery life. Samsung need to stop this their exynos nonsense and ship all their flagship phones with snapdragon. It's a shame most people around the globe actually get the exynos version which is an inferior phone. They only sell the snapdragon version in the us and a few selected countries. If u cannot get the snapdragon version u might wanna consider other options. Unless of course u don't care about those things and just have the feeling that I are using a Samsung flagship phone.
Wow, nice input!
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 3:27am On Jun 06, 2020
Danielle123:
Galaxy s20 in nigeria is different from the the one in US. Is less battery efficient and less powerful. Forget sammy, buy LG V60 with snapdragon 865.
LG V60?
Re: by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 06, 2020
VirginSearcher:

LG V60?

One of the most underrated phones of the year so far. It packs a real punch, everything u need from a flagship phone and it's cheaper.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by mikron(m): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Great, I will
confirm

1 Like

Re: by Transsionmustgo: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Get iPhone 11 pro instead

1 Like

Re: by Crownedjon: 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
If you don't get your hands on the snapdragon variant get an iPhone instead

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Crownedjon:
OP, I go advise you to take this person advise.

1 Like

Re: by Satan66(m): 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Thanks
Don't get the 5G model unless you're living in a developed place like the banana island or you live abroad because 5G isnt coming to nigeria for a long time maybe like 5 years.
Is the s20 worth it?
Well if you're a camera freak then yes if not it's somewhat of an over kill with such specs but if you have the money then buy it as others have stated get the snapdragon model.
Go to jiji and look for a verified seller and if the phone uses 1 sim then it's snapdragon.
2 sim then it's exynos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
greenhulk:

One of the most underrated phones of the year so far. It packs a real punch, everything u need from a flagship phone and it's cheaper.
Just checked it, really looks good
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
Transsionmustgo:
Get iPhone 11 pro instead
I'm not really an iPhone fan
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Crownedjon:
I will checkout the snapdragon version
Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
BabaOwen:
OP, I go advise you to take this person advise.
Okay, but iPhone angry
Re: by Anopheles: 1:08am On Jun 07, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Thanks

Got an s20+ 5G for 305k

Best deal you can ever find in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by VirginSearcher(m): 6:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Anopheles:

Got an s20+ 5G for 305k

Best deal you can ever find in Nigeria
Alright, thanks
Re: by bravesoul247(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2020
yungsmart:

is xaiomi 10 pro out already?
Re: by bravesoul247(m): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Satan66:

Don't get the 5G model unless you're living in a developed place like the banana island or you live abroad because 5G isnt coming to nigeria for a long time maybe like 5 years.
Is the s20 worth it?
Well if you're a camera freak then yes if not it's somewhat of an over kill with such specs but if you have the money then buy it as others have stated get the snapdragon model.
Go to jiji and look for a verified seller and if the phone uses 1 sim then it's snapdragon.
2 sim then it's exynos.

even if it's a 5G enabled phone, it still doesn't mean 4G won't work with it

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Will Continue To Bless Airtel Nigeria / The Frameless Design Infinix TV Debuts Tomorrow / 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.