Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? (1083 Views)

Marriage Benefits Women More Than Men — Lady Says (video) / Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? / Why Are Women Outliving Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2020
Sending my love and hug to all those going through any emmotional challenges due to rape. May we find justice and healing.

Now, to my question.

Why is it that when a boy child (male) is rape, the parents keep quiet. The society in general wouldn't take it serious, but when a girl child (female) encountered the same thing, the whole world stand up for it?
Does it mean men are not victims of rape?
If there are, why are they not voicing out?
Does it mean women are meant to be taken serious in the case of rape than the men? And why?
Are men traumatized as well in rape cases?
Do you think the society is not being fair here?
What's your view on this?
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by sisisioge: 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
They are always reluctant to report it, unlike women. It is considered shameful that a man , the purported stronger party, could be overpowered and violated sexually. Abi do you see yourself sliding a guy's kini into your port while holding him down against his wish? You must be a very strong woman!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
missdivineprove:
Sending my love and hug to all those going through any emmotional challenges due to rape. May we find justice and healing.

Now, to my question.

Why is it that when a boy child (male) is rape, the parents keep quiet. The society in general wouldn't take it serious, but when a girl child (female) encountered the same thing, the whole world stand up for it?
Does it mean women are meant to be taken serious in the case of rape than the men? And why?
Do you think the society is not been fair here?
The society assume men can control their erection but women can't shut the door to the red sea,but the truth is not all men have control,especially when affected by external circumstances.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Jullima(f): 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2020
The truth is rape cases men and women, boy and girl are not taken seriously in Nigeria. How many underage girls are being raped right now in their homes that’re largely swept under the carpet? Underaged maids raped by oga, maid sent back to village, rape swept under the carpet.

For adult rape, the victim is shut down quickly as a liar, and for for the man, he is laughed at by his fellow men and not believed by men and women that think men can’t be raped.

The only time Nigeria stands still for any rape case is when it’s fatal/brutal. If Uwa had survived, I doubt this thread will exist. The only time most men remember male rape is when female rape news is trending.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by GraGra247(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
Male rape cases are extremely rare because men are built stronger.

Note: I didn't say it never happened. I said its very rare.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
sisisioge[b]:
They are always reluctant to report it, unlike women. It is considered shameful that a man , the purported[/b] stronger party, could be overpowered and violated sexually. Abi do you see yourself sliding a guy's kini into your port while holding him down against his wish? You must be a very strong woman!

The last paragraph is not important.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by sisisioge: 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
missdivineprove:

The last paragraph is not important.

I'm not fighting with you...dont take it personal. The you there is for every woman.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
uruba23:

The society assume men can control their erection but women can't shut the door to the red sea,but the truth is not all men have control,especially when affected by external circumstances.
They are cases where young boys are been molested and parents wouldn't voice out. But when it's a girl child the case is different.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Jullima:
The truth is rape cases men and women, boy and girl are not taken seriously in Nigeria. How many underage girls are being raped right now in their homes that’re largely swept under the carpet? Underaged maids raped by oga, maid sent back to village, rape swept under the carpet.

For adult rape, the victim is shut down quickly as a liar, even worse for men, he is laughed at by his fellow men and not believed by men and women that think men can’t be raped.

The only time Nigeria stands still for any rape case is when it’s fatal/brutal. If Uwa had survived, I doubt this thread will exist. The only time most men remember male rape is when female rape news is trending.
You're right. We have lots of issues in this part of the world. And it's sad
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Ningen(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
This is because most people believe that men can't be rape. They will tell you “he was hard” or “he enjoyed it” so they don't acknowledge it. sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
GraGra247:
Male rape cases are extremely rare because men are built stronger.

Note: I didn't say it never happened. I said its very rare.
Are you sure? I think at young age, they are ramped. Just that no one is paying attention.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
missdivineprove:
They are cases where young boys are been molested and parents wouldn't voice out. But when it's a girl child the case is different.
Because it is assumed the boy feels no pain instead enjoys himself but the girl most likely would suffer bleeding which could lead to complications and probably lose are verifiable V.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2020
uruba23:

Because it is assumed the boy feels no pain instead enjoys himself but the girl most likely would suffer bleeding which could lead to complications and probably lose are verifiable V.
But in most cases, I don't think so, because some guys still harbor hidden pain due to molestation at young age.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
missdivineprove:
But in most cases, I don't think so, because some guys still harbor hidden pain due to molestation at young age.
I don't think there is any physical pain just physcological one, the only time it is really bad for boys is when they get molested by gay's. They only get sexually mature quickly when molested by women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
uruba23:

I don't think there is any physical pain just physcological one, the only time it is really bad for boys is when they get molested by gay's. They only get sexually mature quickly when molested by women.
Thanks for sharing.
Maybe that's why boys/men rape cases are not taking serious in the society.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
missdivineprove:
Thanks for sharing.
Maybe that's why boys/men rape cases are not taking serious in the society.

The law isn't even favourable for the girl/lady rape cases, as you have to visit the hospital immediately after the rape to get medical report that you are indeed raped, most likely they pick the men's Semens,but what evidence does a man/boy really have, perfume fragrance I guess.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Dainy1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
What is the use of voicing out such shameful stuff?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Dainy1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
uruba23:

The law isn't even favourable for the girl/lady rape cases, as you have to visit the hospital immediately after the rape to get medical report that you are indeed raped, most likely they pick the men's Semens,but what evidence does a man/boy really have, perfume fragrance I guess.
Nobody will even believe it sef.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by ibkayee(f): 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
Attitudes towards male victims need to change. But when it gets brought up, men are some of the main ones shaming and overrunning the conversation with jokes and trivialities.

It’s hard enough protecting female victims who are ‘optically’ the ones usually perceived as the more vulnerable gender, we know there are male and female predators out there harming boys, but people make it harder when men themselves not only make light of it but find it hard to see themselves as victims in the first place

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by YourCoffin: 1:02am On Jun 06, 2020
sisisioge:
They are always reluctant to report it, unlike women. It is considered shameful that a man , the purported stronger party, could be overpowered and violated sexually. Abi do you see yourself sliding a guy's kini into your port while holding him down against his wish? You must be a very strong woman!

You don't need to be strong to commit a crime.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by sisisioge: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2020
YourCoffin:

You don't need to be strong to commit a crime.

This particular crime requires a stronger woman than the victim. Thats why we have a lot of younger frail males falling victim.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by varmint: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2020
Rape against women gathers more attention than rape against men and it's only logical. Rape against women is usually accompanied by excessive force which at times lead to gruesome assault or murder or the victim. In cases of rape of underage girls, some of their body parts get mutilated. This is not usually the case for men.
Another factor we need to consider is the ratio of victims on the two sides. The number of women that get raped can be said to higher to the number of men that get raped.
Not shining the light on the disturbing number of rape on our women will be a terrible thing, think of the number of women that have their lives taken away from them in the events of sexual assault. Think of those gang rapes that happen frequently in our society, think of amount of sexual assault and molestations that happen on our streets and in our schools. Are you fine with the little publicity and very few campaigns to have these stopped? Are you fine with our women not having the freedom they deserve?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a thing away from the seriousness of the rape on men. What is wrong is wrong, we all need to join hands to put a stop to rape in our society. We need to educate young boys and girls on the need to respect each other's rights and be polite, maintaining good characters in the society.
A better tomorrow starts today when we educate and place in high regards men and "women" rights, our women are special, they deserve to live and enjoy life!!!

SAY NO TO RAPE

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by ednut1(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2020
Inequality yet they say their gender is treated unfairly. When women beat or slap men up too. Generates no controversy
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by eyinjuege: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Some reasons include:

-There are more female rape victims
-Women are more forthcoming with their experiences than men, despite the fact that only 10% of women report the cases. The remaining 90% don't make trouble about it.
You can start an advocacy for male rape, and get victims to share their stories. I'm sure there will be support for men too, once we can put faces to them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by eyinjuege: 9:25am On Jun 06, 2020
missdivineprove:

I can give examples of female victims, even from NL posts and stories, and their perpetrators named and shamed.
Can you give me some examples of the male ones you know, and who the perpetrators are?
This is a serious issue and not something to joke and laugh about.
If you know any of the male victims of rape, please ask them to come out and name their rapists. Let the whole world try to settle the matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by YourCoffin: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2020
sisisioge:

This particular crime requires a stronger woman than the victim. Thats why we have a lot of younger frail males falling victim.

Na. A strong man can be drugged, blackmailed or threatned with a weapon by a weaker female.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by sisisioge: 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
YourCoffin:

Na. A strong man can be drugged, blackmailed or threatned with a weapon by a weaker female.

True sha. It is well.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
eyinjuege:
Some reasons include:

-There are more female rape victims
-Women are more forthcoming with their experiences than men, despite the fact that only 10% of women report the cases. The remaining 90% don't make trouble about it.
You can start an advocacy for male rape, and get victims to share their stories. I'm sure there will be support for men too, once we can put faces to them.
I was surprised to hear a friend said he was a victim at age 17 but he wouldn't want to talk more about it. I'm sure some men are victim and find it difficult to voice out. There're hurting inside but the society isn't fair on them.
Advocacy for both gender should be encouraged. My opinion though.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
eyinjuege:

I can give examples of female victims, even from NL posts and stories, and their perpetrators named and shamed.
Can you give me some examples of the male ones you know, and who the perpetrators are?
This is a serious issue and not something to joke and laugh about.
If you know any of the male victims of rape, please ask them to come out and name their rapists. Let the whole world try to settle the matter.
This is not a joking matter. Based on my research and conversation, Majority of men don't want to talk about it. Even when it hurt them till date.
Some have this resentment towards ladies/women. They find it difficult to geniuely love a woman.
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by frozen70(f): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
missdivineprove:

Now, to my question.

Tyr not to compare a woman's situation to that of a man in any given circumstances

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by HoliMaree: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
missdivineprove:

Now, to my question.

Men rape and kill,which woman has killed after rape?

Dick stands because it is happy nobody force it to stand but it's ready for action

Men like sex

Men brag about it

Men and women are different

Some females get pregnant with unwanted kids after rape

Female get tear and bleed profusely and need medical assistance afterward
Re: Why Are Women Rape Cases Given More Attention Than Men Rape Cases? by Dainy1(m): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don't want to put my mouth in this rape Matter again Sha. But suggesting death penalty for rape is too much.
Not that I'm supporting rape.
But Why killing a human being just because of an ordinary rape?

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Confused / Best Advise For Dealing With Daughter In Laws / The Stupidest Thing I Have Ever Seen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.