Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place (41605 Views)

Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram / Cristiano Ronaldo Makes More Money On Instagram Than Playing For Juventus / What Cristiano Ronaldo Earns At Juventus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by obembet(f): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2020
Ronaldo is Instagram's top earner after raking in £14million MORE from his posts than he does playing for Juventus. According to a new report from Buzz Bingo, the Portuguese superstar has retained his crown as the social media site's highest earner.

The 35-year-old, who also has the most followers on Instagram at 222m, raked in £41.7m from 43 sponsored posts in the past 12 months.

In comparison, Ronaldo was making £27.3m from his salary at Juventus, before any coronavirus-related pay cuts.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner saw an increase of £3.5m from his Instagram earnings in 2019 by pocketing an average of £971,000 per sponsored post.

Over the past year he promoted Nike, his fragrance CR7 Play it Cool and even an EMS training device called 'Sixpad'.

Ronaldo's longstanding rival Lionel Messi was beaten into the second spot after his sponsored posts collected a total of £25.2m, or £631,000 every time he made one.

The Barcelona captain has money-making partnerships with Adidas and regularly posts pictures of his globe-trotting lifestyle.

David Beckham was once again the highest-paid British star on the rich list for his posts to his 63m followers.

The 45-year-old is such a hit on the social media platform he scooped a whopping £9.6m despite retiring over seven years ago.

Some of his paid Instagram partnerships included posts for Tudor Watch, Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Kent & Curwen.

In a list dominated by athletes, Neymar is the fifth-highest sportsman after netting £6.7m from the social media site this year with a reported average of £617,000 per paid post.

Interestingly Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has the second most sponsored posts of all celebrities at 47, four above Ronaldo.

Yet the Poland international's lack of off-field exposure means he can only fetch around £76k per post and made just £3.58m for his troubles this year.

And despite being considered one of football's most marketable stars, Manchester United star Paul Pogba is ninth on Instagram's highest-earning athletes.

The Frenchman, who has a £290,000-a-week wage packet at Old Trafford, can make an additional £181k per sponsored post and scored £1.8m this year.

That was enough to see Pogba finish just above former Chelsea star Eden Hazard.

The £400k-a-week Belgian captain made £1.4m this year following his £122k fee for advertising to fans on social media.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11780742/cristiano-ronaldo-instagram-earnings-messi-kylie-jenner/amp/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2020
Cristiano Ronaldo is a money making machine. People like him, money chase them not the other way round. After his retirement from football, he would be sought after for movies, advertisement, modeling, appearances etc...

Bravo ORORO the GOAT

345 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by paulolee(m): 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
we don hear...dts not our problem because they are both footballers and football aint played on I.G..incase u dnt kno messi jus joined recently and i hear some group of barca media team do control that page...call me when cr7 wins the next ucl, golden boot, any football trophies or awards and most especially the ballon d or because dts what they are both known for...last week its the first billionaire award and now its Instagram award, maybe next week would be twitter award and it would keep me thinking if cr7 is still a footballer or now a bussinessman that the media are now rating him based on business perspective bt i know for his fans, anything that would make it sound that he is better than messi is welcom...football would still resume, let him keep winning these awards and messi keeps winning on the pitch and we would see which of them uefa would rate to give next ballon d or...congrats cr7

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by obonujoker(m): 12:07am On Jun 07, 2020
Everyone knows Ronaldo is the most marketable footballer the world has ever seen...

Funny thing is he's also a champion on the field of play...

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Jokerman(m): 12:10am On Jun 07, 2020
This is why Ronaldo is the GOAT cheesy..

Always leading the pack...

Some satans wanted to spoil his image by throwing rape allegation.... cheesy but God big pass them...

Football GOAT
Social Media GOAT

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by vanida6: 6:00am On Jun 07, 2020
cool
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by XXLMANDIGO: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2020
World Star Boy. Always impressive on the pitch and everywhere else. I respect your hustle CR7

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by obonujoker(m): 4:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jokerman:
This is why Ronaldo is the GOAT cheesy..

Always leading the pack...

Some satans wanted to spoil his image by throwing rape allegation.... cheesy but God big pass them...

Football GOAT
Social Media GOAT

Lol.... Your friends that support the "one club legend " would soon be on this thread grin

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Jokerman(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
obonujoker:

Lol.... Your friends that support the "one club legend " would soon be on this thread grin

lol... especially eni4realcheesy

10 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jokerman:

lol... especially eni4realcheesy
Extracurricular grin

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
obonujoker:
Everyone knows Ronaldo is the most marketable footballer the world has ever seen...

Funny thing is he's also a champion on the field of play...

Modric will disagree...

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Righteous01: 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Goalnaldo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by NNAMDIII(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
GOAT grin

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
No be Ronaldinho name I dey see for there so, why make guys for dat Jakpa arena dat day cor dey tell me say e dn broke.
Na only God know which kind weed those boys dey smoke, na so I for go talk am then disgrace myself for outside.

Good for Penaldo the fake goat, since nothing for am this season, make e use this one te press.

Messi The real G.O.A.T

paulolee:
we don hear...dts not our problem because they are both footballers and football aint played on I.G..incase u dnt kno messi jus joined recently and i hear some group of barca media team do control that page...call me when cr7 wins the ucl, golden boot, any football trophies or awards and most especially the ballon d or because dts what they are both known for...thanks

Bros calm down na, you never chop today?

SweetCunt97:
And I have Instagram account oo. Jesus christ

Meet guys for your area make them teach you hustle na, or you start okpo business. Both dey pay well o

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by philips007(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by money121(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Ramos16(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
He doesn't earn that weekly though
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Lalasticlalabos(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Maybe we all should have an Instagram page
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Slawormir: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Nobody gives a fuckkk

Penaldo
Gaynaldo
Divenaldo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by womjomfashion(f): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
This guy will just be bursting woolens head with the way he makes his legit money.

God bless you Ronaldo

God bless Messi also

13 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by olaideeeedris(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Chai!! Ronaldo is bigger than Juve.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by mayklef(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ororo d GOAT....Juz d name/face alone na cash out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Omotaday(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
sad
Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by amamahdaniel(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ronaldo the junior goat.. angry

11 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place by tayo200(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi / Bayern Munich Response To BBC Question About Jamie Vardy Being The Best Striker / Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.