Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram (54431 Views)

Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place / Callum Hudson-Odoi Wants Hazard’s No.10 Jersey If He Leaves For Madrid / Team To Face Nigeria Tomorrow Revealed As Aguero And Caballero Are Both Left Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by WriterNig: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sergio Aguero has removed the No 10 from his Instagram handle, leading to some Manchester City fans suggesting that Lionel Messi is set to join the club.

Aguero has worn the No 10 at City since 2015 but the number is heavily associated with Messi, who has worn it for Barcelona since 2008, while he also wears it for Argentina.

According to reports from RAC1 and TyC Sports, Messi's father Jorge has arrived in Manchester to hold talks over a possible move.

Messi, frustrated after Barcelona failed to win a trophy this season, believes that he can activate a clause which would make him a free agent at the conclusion of a campaign.

Barcelona, however, state that the clause expired in June, and say that Messi's release clause of £630million would have to be paid for him to secure a move elsewhere.

In addition to Aguero, Messi has a strong connection with City manager Pep Guardiola, with whom he enjoyed much success at Barcelona.

City fans took to Twitter to state their belief that Aguero's activity on Instagram means a deal for Messi is likely to happen.

One wrote: 'Sergio Aguero just changed his Instagram username from “kunaguero10” to “kunaguero”. Omg I can’t believe my eyes right now.'

Another added: 'SERGIO AGUERO REMOVED 10 FROM HIS INSTAGRAM USERNAME, LAWD ITS REALLY HAPPENING.'

Meanwhile, another Twitter user wrote: 'Kun Aguero changing his Instagram username from kunaguero10 to kunaguero. Hmmm! what could that mean?.'

Barcelona supporters also commented on Aguero's actions.

One wrote: 'Aguero removes "10" from his instagram username! It's happening.'

Another added: 'Aguero has changed his username from KUNAGUERO10 to KUNAGUERO on Instagram. It's done y'all. Lionel Andres Messi is leaving to Manchester city under pep.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8666915/Manchester-City-fans-convinced-Messi-way-Aguero-removes-No-10-Instagram-handle.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by ChiefOloye(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mere speculations, La Puga atomical isn't leaving the Nou Camp, not this season or next!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Bigflamie(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
cheesy

Premier league is gonna be lit. Let's see how things unfold in few days.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Amotolongbo(f): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
Bigflamie:
cheesy

Premier league is gonna be lit. Let's see how things unfold in few days.
I pray that we won’t eventually be disappointed when he comes

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by oluwatosink: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
welcome to English premier league Leo Messi.

I hope you play in England to gain my Loyalty and Respect completely . As the G.O.A.T.

172 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by oluwatosink: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Epl clubs right now ..

277 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
lol
Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by ForeThinker: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nasso
Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by GeoandSonsHub: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by directonpc(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Welcome sir
Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by soleexx(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
EPL winner for the next 4years
EPL top scorer for the next 4 years
EPL top assist for the next 4 years
EPL best player of the season for the next 4 years
EPL fans player of the season for the next 4 years
EPL most valuable player for the next 4 years

Welcom to the new famers league..

We never walk alone undecided

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by uunwanaobong3: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Imagine;

Sterling--------- Aguero ------------- Messi

B. Silva-------- Fernandinho ------ De-bruyne

Alaba --- Laporte ---- Koulibaly ------ Walka

Ederson

Now imagine this mancity team and tell me just one reason why they cannot win champions league?

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Let's wait and see as things would play out. His exit from Barca would be a good news to football fans worldwide.

Just like I posted here weeks ago that Messi's stay in Barca is starting to suffer from the law of diminishing returns, unknowing that his career was going to even witness an oncoming 2-8 woe.
He should have left when the ovation was loudest. His stay in Barca was too stale and boring. I already decided to continue being his fan, only if he left Barca, now football fans are happy. Coming season would be fun to watch.

Once again, year 2020 continues to prove itself as a year of revolution. 2020 is the beginning of a new world era.
This year, everybody must get sense by force.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Gosj01(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hmm

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by sleeknaija(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
This speculation is getting too much undecided

Barcelona wont let Messi just leave cheaply like that sad

6 Likes

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Chiedu4Trump: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
anybody thinking he will go to Man Utd or Chelsea is on Codine

34 Likes

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by uunwanaobong3: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chai, e go red for England

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by XXMML33: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
If this is true, I trust Ronaldo the clout chaser to move to Manu

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by zeusdgrt(m): 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please come Messi so we go see ur yansh for the fraud footballer that u are grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by tfash96(m): 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
GOAT is going to Epl . It's Arsenal I pity most among top clubs

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by DirtyGold: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
These people are just speculating rubbish
Meeeheeehn... The GOAT is bleating all the way to Kano Pillars angry

What's tha business?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Teewhy2: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
To convince people he is the real GOAT, he should take a pay cut and move to arsenal.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/16

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by AngelicBeing: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Mentorkaryhm(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
With him, Pep will have hope of uefa trophy again.

16 Likes

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Kevinsamba: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
cool
Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by PNomsule: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Manchester would be blue... E be things for United

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by Openbusiness: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
grin Of cuz na Man City Messi dey go. Na Man City get the next UCL title. I go juz port from Chelsea straight grin

26 Likes

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by GreaterFuture1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Messi Come To Liverpool, but if e sure for you well well, come to either PSG, Leicester, Dortmund or Arsenal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by jericco1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
I hope he comes though

3 Likes

Re: Messi To Move To Manchester City Likely As Aguero Removes No 10 From Instagram by wunmi590(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Moment Daniel Amokachi Substituted Himself On And Scored 2 Goals(throw Back) / Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling / 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.