Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,096 members, 7,859,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

A Thithe Of One Million? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thithe Of One Million? (1309 Views)

One Million Muslim March 9/11 Washington / What Will U Do With One Million Tongue / Can You Borrow Money For Your Wedding Or Can You Afford A Wedding Ring That Worth One Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thithe Of One Million? by mjay(m): 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2007
Can you pay a thithe of ONE MILLION?
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by naijacutee(f): 4:12am On Jun 12, 2007
Yes. Because I have 9 other million to spend. . .
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by TellyB(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2007
Depends on the source of the income! Make unu watch those moneybags carefully! grin
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by thesilent1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ telly b,

saying that, if you were a pastor, would you take a tithe if it came from a lottery win?!?!?! i only ask cos i know a pastor who refused to take this guys tithe cos he won it from the lottery! £8M and he refused the tithe.

i wonder what the bible says about that? would be funny to have your money rejected lol
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by TV01(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2007
thesilent1:

i wonder what the bible says about that? would be funny to have your money rejected lol

Would that be what the Bible says about the tithe or the lottery?

God bless
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by thesilent1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
Would that be what the Bible says about the tithe or the lottery?

lets go for lottery for 5 points please grin
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by donduke(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2007
every opportunity to give is a test for the giver. Will he hold on as if nothing else will come into his account? Will he let go and trusst God to provide - many times through this person's own work? Will he treat that which hhe has as not being more important than life itself? Will he treat it as the reason he was born? etc.

A million naira. Yes. Even if I don't have 9m left.

Easier said than done, but if I doubt what I just said in the paragraph above, then I need to work on my faith and priorities!

Guys, you're great!
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by thesilent1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2007
A million naira

and £ or $!??!!??!?!?!?! grin
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by TellyB(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2007
@silent1,

grin Well, like I said, I would be very concerned about the source of the million in question. It doesn't matter if it just 10 bucks or 10 million bucks; if the source is questionable, the donor could as well pocket his money, hallelujah!  grin

Now, as regards the issue of lottery, I don't play bingo or any other; and everyone may be persuaded as to their views on this. However, my position is that hard-working and God-honouring believers should seek to work hard rather than scratch tickets to instant wealth.

Bless God for those who are fortunate to be winners! However, I share the same persuasion as the pastor who declined to accept the tithe from the £8 million lottery winner. As donduke said, "every opportunity to give is a test for the giver"; but I would also say that every opportunity to receive is a test of our godliness!  grin
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by donduke(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2007
GREAT CONTRIBUTION THERE!
I guess the source of the cash was not in contemplation when the issue was raised. Will you give it? is the main issue.
Indeed every opportunity is also a test - of the integrity of our hearts - will we take knowing it is from an ungodly source. This is delicate, guys. Will you take an offering from a politician? We know most are corrupt. Will you ask people what their source of income is before you receive their offerings? It goes on and on.
God's spirit will help those who need that help through their consciences
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by thesilent1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2007
to receive is a test of our godliness!

wow, this is the other side of the coin as well!
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by Aproko(f): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2007
donduke:

Will you take an offering from a politician? We know most are corrupt. Will you ask people what their source of income is before you receive their offerings?

i wonder how many pastors do that. grin grin
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by barikade: 8:30am On Jun 14, 2007
donduke:

This is delicate, guys. Will you take an offering from a politician? We know most are corrupt. Will you ask people what their source of income is before you receive their offerings? It goes on and on.

Corrupt minds do not like to give willingly or humbly. Humility is not in their dictionaries. When a CM (corrupt mind) - whether he's politician or any other - comes to make a "special donation" or "tithe", he will call for special attention. Then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan? grin
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by benit(f): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2007
The question is do u believe the scripture about tithing?
If u say yes, then why this thread?
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by naijacutee(f): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2007
thesilent1:

@ telly b,

saying that, if you were a pastor, would you take a tithe if it came from a lottery win?!?!?!
Is there anything wrong in winning the lottery?
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by PoDeep(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2007
I was going to ask d same question.
Is d bible against it? Which part of d bible?
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by PoDeep(m): 10:58am On Jun 16, 2007
I was going to ask d same question.
Is d bible against it? Which part of d bible? Just asking.
Re: A Thithe Of One Million? by freelance(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2007
There is nuthing wrong in paying a tithe of 1million naira cheesy. I can even by the special grace of God, pay a tithe of 10 million naira grin

(1) (Reply)

More About John Hagee / Another Dream About Rapture / Funny! Naija Churches and their names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.